Repub official shot to death by her bra

There are likely other circumstances as well. Possibly the gun had a hair trigger, or that she made the mistake of drawing it with a finger on the trigger. Could have been drunk at the time, who knows.

In other places I'd seen it suggested that thus occurred while she was attempting to adjust the bra/holster for a more comfortable fit which tells me she shouldn't have been wearing it to begin with

With all of these "accidental shootings" they have one thing in common, user malfunction. Guns do not shoot themselves someone has to pull the trigger or drop it causing the hammer to fall.

Depending on your beliefs we can pass more laws and try to regulate stupidity or we can let Darwin take care of it.

My personal belief is if a person is going to carry they should know how to use the gun they are carrying. They should be more proficient than law enforcement. The reason is if they ever have to use their gun in self defense they will be scrutinized very heavily.

I would never let my family carry if they weren't extremely proficient in the use of the gun. I take the time to train them to a high standard. My grandson is getting his first gun for his third birthday. It will be locked in my safe and I will train him on its use.

With all of these "accidental shootings" they have one thing in common, user malfunction. Guns do not shoot themselves someone has to pull the trigger or drop it causing the hammer to fall.

Depending on your beliefs we can pass more laws and try to regulate stupidity or we can let Darwin take care of it.

My personal belief is if a person is going to carry they should know how to use the gun they are carrying. They should be more proficient than law enforcement. The reason is if they ever have to use their gun in self defense they will be scrutinized very heavily.

I would never let my family carry if they weren't extremely proficient in the use of the gun. I take the time to train them to a high standard. My grandson is getting his first gun for his third birthday. It will be locked in my safe and I will train him on its use.

I think part of the problem are guns ment to have a round in the chamber and training that this is needed. Most these guns also don't have safeties. Most people are never going to need it for defense, having a round in the chamber just increases chance of an accident. I'm less concerned about these people shooting themselves as I am the accidently shooting others as has been done.

I think part of the problem are guns ment to have a round in the chamber and training that this is needed. Most these guns also don't have safeties. Most people are never going to need it for defense, having a round in the chamber just increases chance of an accident. I'm less concerned about these people shooting themselves as I am the accidently shooting others as has been done.

I agree it's them shooting other people is the problem. Every gun has a safety of some kind. These newer guns have heavy trigger pulls to prevent negligent discharges. The main safety with firearms is the user and his/her brain. That is why I personally train my family members. I spent 23 yrs in the Infantry and have been shooting a lot long than that.

I believe everyone who carries should train profusely with their firearm and their brain. I am torn about having it be mandated by law. I think the government is too big and in our business too much as is.

Law enforcement officials in Michigan said that they learned this week that an elected Republican official who had recently shot herself to death had been adjusting her bra holster when the accident occurred.
Earlier this year, St. Joseph Public Safety officers reported that 55-year-old Christina Bond had died on New Years Day from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to her eye.
Although the full autopsy had not been completed, officials released new details on Wednesday.

bond1-800x430.jpg

Darwin's strikes again ...

Really kinda sad but gawd - these nutters are just damn dumb.

Why do you think blond women are stupid? That isn't very nice Luddly.

I agree it's them shooting other people is the problem. Every gun has a safety of some kind. These newer guns have heavy trigger pulls to prevent negligent discharges. The main safety with firearms is the user and his/her brain. That is why I personally train my family members. I spent 23 yrs in the Infantry and have been shooting a lot long than that.

I believe everyone who carries should train profusely with their firearm and their brain. I am torn about having it be mandated by law. I think the government is too big and in our business too much as is.

I've seen some guns that I would say have no type of safety once the round is the chamber. I don't believe glocks do. Everyone's brain does however have a safety. Not sure that is enough for everyone however. Mandated training is a thought. I guess that will be talked about if there are too many accidents. I don't think a mandatory safety would hurt anything. But the same people having accidents probably wouldn't use it.

Another example of an idiot. It is just like driving, I spend my time driving watching what others are doing. Too many idiots in the world. I have a theory on that but don't want to derail the thread anymore than I have already.

Yes I drive very defensively. The world is full of idiots. It's a shame there dumb often effects others who are safer.

I've seen some guns that I would say have no type of safety once the round is the chamber. I don't believe glocks do. Everyone's brain does however have a safety. Not sure that is enough for everyone however. Mandated training is a thought. I guess that will be talked about if there are too many accidents. I don't think a mandatory safety would hurt anything. But the same people having accidents probably wouldn't use it.

Gun accidents are on the decline....probably because more people are buying guns and carrying them...and getting safety lessons.....

My gun doesn't have a safety. It doesn't need one. I keep it loaded with a round in the chamber and I carry it in my pocket. It will not go off until I want it to. If you do not know how I can say this then tou don't know enough about guns to make a rational knowledgable decision on it.

Gun accidents are on the decline....probably because more people are buying guns and carrying them...and getting safety lessons.....

Hopefully they continue to go down. Safety lessons can't hurt.

Gun accidents are on the decline even though gun sales are increasing. For the exact reasons you just specified.

My gun doesn't have a safety. It doesn't need one. I keep it loaded with a round in the chamber and I carry it in my pocket. It will not go off until I want it to. If you do not know how I can say this then tou don't know enough about guns to make a rational knowledgable decision on it.

I wonder how many people said that before they shot themselves. I suspect most of them.

Gun accidents are on the decline even though gun sales are increasing. For the exact reasons you just specified.

Most sales are to peope who already have more guns than hands. Sales really aren't going to effect accidents.

I wonder how many people said that before they shot themselves. I suspect most of them.

You don't know enough about guns to make an informed or intelligent statement about them....obviously.

Most sales are to peope who already have more guns than hands. Sales really aren't going to effect accidents.

Garbage. Even if I believed that nonsense, I could tell you how many new CCW licenses are being issued every day. Unless you try to say that people are getting two or more licenses each, you have to concede that gun ownership is on the rise. Yet, gun accidents are going down.

You don't know enough about guns to make an informed or intelligent statement about them....obviously.

I have shot since I was a young lad. They aren't that complicated.

Last edited:
[your not suppossed to have a round in the chamber, your right it was stupid, it should have never happened. PROPER TRAINING

Anyone who carries WITHOUT a round in the chamber is a fool. I don't know a single trainer who teaches anything other than that way.

Her mistake was a ridiculous carry style I've never even seen before. Just as dumb as the Thunder holster crotch carry system.

Call it a matter of preference then, you can have a round in your chamber and not be aware of your surroundings, you can still get mugged. I think to many people accidentaly shoot themselves that way, even by dropping the gun on the ground. Im all for concealed carry though.

[/QUOTE]My gun doesn't have a safety. It doesn't need one. I keep it loaded with a round in the chamber and I carry it in my pocket. It will not go off until I want it to. If you do not know how I can say this then tou don't know enough about guns to make a rational knowledgable decision on it.[/QUOTE]

What gun do you have if you don't mind sharing? My guess would be a semi-automatic like a glock. The safety is built into the trigger.

Forum List

Back