Republican Charlie Dent announces his retirement

Record GOP retirements under the most disgraceful administration in American history... and you want a link?! :rofl:
The Obama travesty was by far the most disgraceful. When you have a president sworn to change the criminal acts that go on in DC, Trump, there's gonna be trouble. Especially from those like you who want to hurt this country as much as possible.
Putin seated Trump because he knew Trump would hurt this country as much as possible. Your rats are resigning in disgrace for being complicit in letting a cartoon robber baron humiliate the nation.
You are truly a deluded troll bot.
^ ironic
The idiot was looking in a mirror when he typed that in.

Record GOP retirements under the most disgraceful administration in American history... and you want a link?! :rofl:
The Obama travesty was by far the most disgraceful. When you have a president sworn to change the criminal acts that go on in DC, Trump, there's gonna be trouble. Especially from those like you who want to hurt this country as much as possible.
Putin seated Trump because he knew Trump would hurt this country as much as possible. Your rats are resigning in disgrace for being complicit in letting a cartoon robber baron humiliate the nation.
^ ironic
Hmmm, most people look at their keyboard when they "type that".

Dent announces retirement from House

And another one bites the dust. The writing is on the wall. The trump effect is growing more obvious...
They can't separate themselves from this sleazebag and his corrupt admin fast enough.

Can't say I blame them. Who in their right mind would want to be associated with this lying, immoral piece of shit, except of course his bootlicking nutters and his fellow pseudo-christians.

Unless there is absolutley no choice for a Congressman to make a dime,,,,the Repubs are running for the hills. Maybe they don't want to be complicit in anything Mueller is bringing down on the orange orangutan...

^ ironic
Hmmm, most people look at their keyboard when they "type that".
Not if they learned how to type properly

I know Dent was retiring, and I know he pissed off a lot of "very right" folks with his no repeal Obamacare vote, but does anyone know if he was seriously being challenged in a potential primary? Did that lead him to retirement? I see RW sites suggesting that, but his poll numbers haven't seemed that bad to me.

But in doing so you are implying that the President and his cult are the higher echelon of character and integrity, instead of the bottom feeding trash that they are.

THAT is YOUR "conclusion".......If the GOP had any integrity, they would have stood up to Trump about a year ago....They did not. Most of them are ONLY concerned with their re-election and spineless when thinking that Trump would deride them with his cute tweets....

Yes, cowards who only care about their own selfish status and not the welfare of our nation, earn and deserve the label of "rats".

I know Dent was retiring, and I know he pissed off a lot of "very right" folks with his no repeal Obamacare vote, but does anyone know if he was seriously being challenged in a potential primary? Did that lead him to retirement? I see RW sites suggesting that, but his poll numbers haven't seemed that bad to me.

This is being misunderstood. He announced his retirement last year. Today's announcement is that he's resigning by the end of May. Congress' main business will basically be done by that point, and the rest of the year will mainly be devoted to campaigning. And since he won't be campaigning there will be little need to continue filling the role on paper. He would basically be obligated to devote his time to fulfill a few pro forma formalities. He just decided he didn't want to do that.

THAT is YOUR "conclusion".......If the GOP had any integrity, they would have stood up to Trump about a year ago.

Many of them have, fuck stain. And short of that making a meaningful difference, many are now withdrawing from the entire shitshow.

Many of them have, fuck stain. And short of that making a meaningful difference, many are now withdrawing from the entire shitshow.

They are not so much rats for abandoning ship, they are rats FOR abandoning ship......Any attempt to oust Trump by democrats will be seen as solely a partisan attempt.....The ones who SHOULD be ousting Trump are exactly those who, instead, are walking (or jumping) away.

This is being misunderstood. He announced his retirement last year. Today's announcement is that he's resigning by the end of May. Congress' main business will basically be done by that point, and the rest of the year will mainly be devoted to campaigning. And since he won't be campaigning there will be little need to continue filling the role on paper. He would basically be obligated to devote his time to fulfill a few pro forma formalities. He just decided he didn't want to do that.
Yeah, thanks. I just wondered if his anticipated retirement was in any way linked to a potential primary challenge. I think Dent's in the position where he would handily beat any dem in a general election, and he's probably got overall favorable ratings from gop voters. But a minority of republicans in a district can primary out a moderate if they are energized.

They are not so much rats for abandoning ship, they are rats FOR abandoning ship......Any attempt to oust Trump by democrats will be seen as solely a partisan attempt.....The ones who SHOULD be ousting Trump are exactly those who, instead, are walking (or jumping) away.
Trump's not getting impeached unless the dems take the House, and there's no way in Hell he gets convicted in the Senate regardless of anything in the 18 elections.

Yeah, thanks. I just wondered if his anticipated retirement was in any way linked to a potential primary challenge. I think Dent's in the position where he would handily beat any dem in a general election, and he's probably got overall favorable ratings from gop voters. But a minority of republicans in a district can primary out a moderate if they are energized.

Indeed....Dent was not afraid of simply a democrat's challenge, he was afraid of GOP setting up an Attila the Hun against him in a primary challenge.

A congressman serves honorably and retires from public service and all the crazy angry left can say is that he "bites the dust". I guess that's the best you can do if you were educated by video games.

Trump's not getting impeached unless the dems take the House, and there's no way in Hell he gets convicted in the Senate regardless of anything in the 18 elections.

I fully agree....NOT a prayer in hell of ousting Trump through impeachment.......my argument is that the GOP ......to save the party.......should stand up to Trump and render him neutered....especially on war and trade issues and cabinet selections..

I hate when people say things like this. Just because someone is belongs to a different political party than you doesn't make them a bad person. And just because someone decides to "abandon ship" doesn't make them a "rat." If anything, it's many of the best people in the Republican party who are stepping away because the President is ruining the party and turning the government into something that should be reviled.

By saying something like this you're just trying to find a way to give yourself a partisan chubby. But in doing so you are implying that the President and is cult the higher echelon character and integrity, instead of the bottom feeding trash that they are.

I agreed... Dent didn't become a rat or deserted the GOP party, the GOP party deserted him... He is a man without a party..

At the moment the US has a choice of a center left or a far right authoritarian party.... The center left party would be center right in most other first world countries...

I fully agree....NOT a prayer in hell of ousting Trump through impeachment.......my argument is that the GOP ......to save the party.......should stand up to Trump and render him neutered....especially on war and trade issues and cabinet selections..
They can’t. The base that they’ve spent decades radicalizing will abandon them if they don’t stand fully behind Trump, but they lose all moderates and their honor if they do that. This is why so many are retiring.

Forum List

Back