Biden's Economy Is Destroying Retirement Accounts in a Way Most People Are Overlooking

People were saving money under Trump today they are spending down their savings... and its starting to show in the economy... people aren't dining out or doing any unnecessary spending...
Even the golf course I play at is wide open during the week... that tells me we are back in Obama's economy...

Savings rates under Trump did not go up till COVID hit and he started sending out checks to everyone.

Ours have gotten better, with more money in retirement asset investments, than any time trump was in office, and I retired in the fall of 2016. If you are behind, you just pay no attention or are a lousy investor.

Survey: 1 in 2 Americans say their overall financial situation is worse now than it was before Biden was elected​

Ours have gotten better, with more money in retirement asset investments, than any time trump was in office, and I retired in the fall of 2016. If you are behind, you just pay no attention or are a lousy investor.
Yes and just like every other liberal on here. Financially better off under Biden. Just proves you're all welfare recipients. Besides a few in the private sector government depends are doing better.

Clueless Fucks like you ^^^ typically have ZERO invested.

My Pension, is 100% invested by ME, and it is MY money......Period.

SS, yup, that swings depending upon how long one LIVES.
Die young......Sucks
Live Long..... prosper.

You speak as if you have NEITHER.
1) No SS
2) No Pension, no IRA, NO 401 , no hope.

That's gibberish. And note: if you are controlling your money, it's not a pension. (Unless you are the trustee overseeing it, which we both know you are not.) It's a fund administered buy others, and you hope it won't go under before you do.

Yes and just like every other liberal on here. Financially better off under Biden. Just proves you're all welfare recipients. Besides a few in the private sector government depends are doing better.

Might be "working" for the government.

Or paid shills.

Nope. Across the board, food has risen only about 20%, at least around here. Biggest thing I have seen is meat. It might be time to go halves with somebody, buy a young steer at the sale barn, have it processed and put in the deep freeze, like my dad did every year.
Food price rise of 20% in less than four years is still "criminal" and a higher and quicker rise than seen in decades.
Nothing to be bragging about, nothing positive to cheer.

The only time I have paid that was on vacation. You should shop better. We do Kroger and average 40 - 60 cents off / gallon.
I also do Kroger/Fred Meyer and you are not being fully "informative" there.

If one is signed-up for their shopper bonus plan and you scan/enter your number/member card at the checkout stand you get points equal to the dollar purchase, excluding tobacco, alcohol, taxes, and a few other exclusions. Each $100.00 in purchases will get you 100 points that translate into 10 cents/gallon discount, one time only.

Each 100 points you've gotten can be used to get 10 cents off a gallon of gas, once only, at Kroger gas stations, IF you select that option at the pump. Points are only good for current and next month. If not used they expire, go away. Usually there is a limit of $1.00 per gas fill up.

Your "average 40 - 60 cents off / gallon" means you first spent $400 - $600 in qualifying purchases in the store (inside), you chose the option at the pump to use those points on THAT fuel purchase, you've used during the time period they are valid, and you only get to use them once only and within a two month window at best.

I'll admit it is helpful and fortunately there are many store chains that are part of the Kroger family. Means we can often use those discount points on fuel when traveling across state and to other states.

Here in my state those points basically offset the recent and additional state government tax increase on a gallon of gas of $0.50 !!! Our gasoline/fuel (diesel is included) is at $4.00 +++ per gallon since then. Hasn't dropped below $3.00 for years now, and it's been a couple of decades since getting close to $2.00/gallon or lower.

The single, MAJOR, source of gasoline price increases has been GOVERNMENT taxes increasing, State and Federal.

Meanwhile the roads those taxes are said to be providing and paying for remain in poor condition, increasing crowded/jammed and too few in high traffic areas. Insult to injury, more and more "HOV" (High Occupancy Vehicle = two + persons inside) lanes are requiring a prepaid toll, with sticker attached to scan as you drive by the sensors, or if you don't have that "good to go" sticker, have your license plate number photographed, and bill sent to you in the mail.

Since increased use of electric (and non-gasoline) vehicles has allegedly reduced state revenues from gas/fuel use/purchase (so they claim), now there is talk in state guv'mint of charging a per mile use fee on all vehicles. :mad:

Just one of many ways citizens are increasing abused by the Guv'mint that is supposed to be serving us, not the other way around. :mad:

Survey: 1 in 2 Americans say their overall financial situation is worse now than it was before Biden was elected​

How about that. I'm in the upper 50%, eh? Thanks to Dad, Granddad, Bill Ward jr. and various professors and instructors at Union University.

Never been on welfare. You got the wrong guy.

Food price rise of 20% in less than four years is still "criminal" and a higher and quicker rise than seen in decades.
Nothing to be bragging about, nothing positive to cheer.
Talk to the 4 largest grocers in the country. One expert testifying before congress believe they collude to fix prices for higher profits, and should be investigated for their actions.

And of course receives no coverage from the less than useless MSM.

And many expect this will get worse.

Government pensions that invested in commercial real estate are being hit hard by the ongoing crisis in the sector, which is threatening average Americans’ retirement plans, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday.
Large U.S. public pensions lost 6% in the last 12 months on real estate investments, the largest loss since the COVID-19 pandemic, according to data from Wilshire Trust Universe Comparison Service acquired by the WSJ. The losses are part of a broader crisis hitting commercial real estate due to a lack of demand and prohibitively high interest rates brought on by measures used to combat stubbornly high inflation under President Joe Biden.
“Folks are allocating less dollars, trying to understand what they have in their portfolio,” Shawn Quinn, managing director of Wilshire, told the WSJ. “Institutional investors are not quite sure if we’ve hit the bottom yet.”
The California State Teachers’ Retirement System lost around 9% on its $333 billion real estate portfolio in 2023 amid the downturn in commercial real estate, according to the WSJ. High rates spurred by the uptick in inflation under Biden have contributed largely to falling commercial property values.
Privately managed funds have also taken a hit, losing 12% in 2023 on their commercial real estate properties, according to data from the National Council of Real Estate Investment acquired by the WSJ. Some funds are still holding on to properties in the hope that the crisis will ease, with the California Public Employees’ Retirement System not yet offloading an office tower in Manhattan worth $917 million, down 12% from when it was purchased in 2016.
The threat to Americans’ pensions comes at a time when retirement costs have skyrocketed due to inflation. Americans estimate that to comfortably retire, they will need $1.46 million saved, 15% more than they said in the previous year.

The treads here never stop amazing me.
Peace

I also do Kroger/Fred Meyer and you are not being fully "informative" there.

If one is signed-up for their shopper bonus plan and you scan/enter your number/member card at the checkout stand you get points equal to the dollar purchase, excluding tobacco, alcohol, taxes, and a few other exclusions. Each $100.00 in purchases will get you 100 points that translate into 10 cents/gallon discount, one time only.

Each 100 points you've gotten can be used to get 10 cents off a gallon of gas, once only, at Kroger gas stations, IF you select that option at the pump. Points are only good for current and next month. If not used they expire, go away. Usually there is a limit of $1.00 per gas fill up.

Your "average 40 - 60 cents off / gallon" means you first spent $400 - $600 in qualifying purchases in the store (inside), you chose the option at the pump to use those points on THAT fuel purchase, you've used during the time period they are valid, and you only get to use them once only and within a two month window at best.

I'll admit it is helpful and fortunately there are many store chains that are part of the Kroger family. Means we can often use those discount points on fuel when traveling across state and to other states.

Here in my state those points basically offset the recent and additional state government tax increase on a gallon of gas of $0.50 !!! Our gasoline/fuel (diesel is included) is at $4.00 +++ per gallon since then. Hasn't dropped below $3.00 for years now, and it's been a couple of decades since getting close to $2.00/gallon or lower.

The single, MAJOR, source of gasoline price increases has been GOVERNMENT taxes increasing, State and Federal.

Meanwhile the roads those taxes are said to be providing and paying for remain in poor condition, increasing crowded/jammed and too few in high traffic areas. Insult to injury, more and more "HOV" (High Occupancy Vehicle = two + persons inside) lanes are requiring a prepaid toll, with sticker attached to scan as you drive by the sensors, or if you don't have that "good to go" sticker, have your license plate number photographed, and bill sent to you in the mail.

Since increased use of electric (and non-gasoline) vehicles has allegedly reduced state revenues from gas/fuel use/purchase (so they claim), now there is talk in state guv'mint of charging a per mile use fee on all vehicles. :mad:

Just one of many ways citizens are increasing abused by the Guv'mint that is supposed to be serving us, not the other way around. :mad:
PJ got 60 cents off/gallon Thursday. I got 20 cents off today, still have 10 cents of discount left and tomorrow will be a week since I last submitted survey, so I can submit the latest laying here for $311.88 plus get an additional 50 points for doing the survey. I am totally full on fuel. She is between 3/4 and full. We will not be buying fuel for about two weeks, three in my case, but shop every week. We will easily be back between 40 - 60 cents off in discounts again by the time either of us needs fuel. A month or so back, she got $1.00 off/gallon, but that is an exception. I am not familiar with Fred Meyers, but do know, Kroger owns other chains outside of my state that are not under the Kroger name, but have the same discounts and fuel point discounts for loyalty card and probably the survey discount, as well.

Talk to the 4 largest grocers in the country. One expert testifying before congress believe they collude to fix prices for higher profits, and should be investigated for their actions.
Who do you class as the "4 largest grocers" ?
Link or source for the claim ... :linky:

PJ got 60 cents off/gallon Thursday. I got 20 cents off today, still have 10 cents of discount left and tomorrow will be a week since I last submitted survey, so I can submit the latest laying here for $311.88 plus get an additional 50 points for doing the survey. I am totally full on fuel. She is between 3/4 and full. We will not be buying fuel for about two weeks, three in my case, but shop every week. We will easily be back between 40 - 60 cents off in discounts again by the time either of us needs fuel. A month or so back, she got $1.00 off/gallon, but that is an exception. I am not familiar with Fred Meyers, but do know, Kroger owns other chains outside of my state that are not under the Kroger name, but have the same discounts and fuel point discounts for loyalty card and probably the survey discount, as well.
Not knowing which state you live in, can't comment much.
Scroll towards bottom of this link and see the stores/brands that are part of Kroger.

Who do you class as the "4 largest grocers" ?
Link or source for the claim ... :linky:
My guess would be Walmart, Costco, Kroger, then maybe Aldi, but this article looks at stores that make there revenue not only from groceries but other items.

Here is another recent article, agreeing on first 3. Both articles had Target listed highly. I do not understand that, but Maybe Target is different in other parts of the country.

Never been on welfare. You got the wrong guy.
If your doing so much better you're getting help. Everything you need has gone up, Everything. So Everything you're buying is way more expensive. You got a 40% raise or you milking it out of the government? Has to be one of the two, and I'm being gracious with the 40%.

Forum List

Back