Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, And Also Like Alcoholism

No agreement, gay is a choice and a sin. God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. Satan created homosexuallity.

No agreement? Assumming you believe everything in the Bible (which was written by fallable men) is truly the word of God (something that would take an as yet unparelleled level of naivete) then maybe you'd have a point.

But how about you man up and answer the question; Could you CHOOSE to WANT to have sex with a man (assuming you're a man of course)?

If I was emotionally and mentally ill like queers are.

Most of you lefties on here would call me a righty, so allow me to interject a little common sense on behalf the right.

Common sense says the right needs to drop this from their agenda. Campaigning on the notion that sexual orientation is a choice? Come on guys, can we come back to earth for a second? Can we stop pandering to the religious right?

Is it that some of you who claim it's a choice don't know the difference between attraction and choosing to engage in a behavior? because from what I've read a lot on here seem to think being gay is a behavior. That as long as you just don't have sex with someone of the same sex, that makes you not gay. Ridiculous. Your sexual orientation is the sex you are attracted to. For those of you who say it's a choice the question is not can someone choose to not have sex with someone. The question is could you choose to not WANT to have sex with someone.

For those straight males on here that claim it's a choice, could you choose to WANT to have sex with a man?

Obviously you are someone like myself that is approaching 60 yoa. Most here do not have the maturity to understand life.
Same sex attraction you are born with and the love grows out of that. I love my wife. My tax attorney loves another woman. The softball coach at the high school loves another woman. A local cop here loves another man.
History and current religous mores amongst many men dictates that love is far down on the list when choosing a partner for life. Control, power, religion, culture, societal and family pressures come first as illustrated here.

You keep saying homosexuality is somethign you're born with, yet you have offereed nothing of substance to base your belief on. Are you speaking of you faith in that?

Most of you lefties on here would call me a righty, so allow me to interject a little common sense on behalf the right.

Common sense says the right needs to drop this from their agenda. Campaigning on the notion that sexual orientation is a choice? Come on guys, can we come back to earth for a second? Can we stop pandering to the religious right?

Is it that some of you who claim it's a choice don't know the difference between attraction and choosing to engage in a behavior? because from what I've read a lot on here seem to think being gay is a behavior. That as long as you just don't have sex with someone of the same sex, that makes you not gay. Ridiculous. Your sexual orientation is the sex you are attracted to. For those of you who say it's a choice the question is not can someone choose to not have sex with someone. The question is could you choose to not WANT to have sex with someone.

For those straight males on here that claim it's a choice, could you choose to WANT to have sex with a man?

Obviously you are someone like myself that is approaching 60 yoa. Most here do not have the maturity to understand life.
Same sex attraction you are born with and the love grows out of that. I love my wife. My tax attorney loves another woman. The softball coach at the high school loves another woman. A local cop here loves another man.
History and current religous mores amongst many men dictates that love is far down on the list when choosing a partner for life. Control, power, religion, culture, societal and family pressures come first as illustrated here.

I don't get it the it's a choice position. Is so obviously false it's ridiculous. The fact that I'm not getting much for answers from the opposition suggests I'm right. I know I can't make myself want to have sex with a man. I have no problem with homosexuals, but it doesn't change the fact that I have an involuntary gross out reaction thinking of two men even kissing each other.

P.S. thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'am still a relatively young whipper snapper of 29.

In alot of cases people do make a choice

Homosexuality is a Choice; a sick choice. but still a choice. :doubt:

So what if it is a choice?

So what if it isn't

Seriously people, what fucking business is it of yours or a fucking politician's what a person does in his or her personal relationships?

Maybe if all you busybodies started concentrating on your own lives, you wouldn't need to stick your fucking noses into others and you'd probably be a lot happier.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

You keep saying homosexuality is somethign you're born with, yet you have offereed nothing of substance to base your belief on. Are you speaking of you faith in that?

For me anyway, no it is not a faith based opinion. I would not even go so far as to say it's something every gay person is born with. I don't think choice or born with it are the only options.

My position is simply that being gay is not a choice based on the fact that I know I can't choose to WANT to have sex with a man.

No agreement, gay is a choice and a sin. God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. Satan created homosexuallity.

No agreement? Assumming you believe everything in the Bible (which was written by fallable men) is truly the word of God (something that would take an as yet unparelleled level of naivete) then maybe you'd have a point.

But how about you man up and answer the question; Could you CHOOSE to WANT to have sex with a man (assuming you're a man of course)?

Which is the only answer really one can give that would still support that it's a choice. Except in your very irrational answer it would still not be a choice. Because you are arguing that their is something in their brain that is not wired 'properly'. If that is the case it would seem one should have some level of compassion for them. You obviously don't based on your deragtory use of the word queer. It doesn't seem illogical to you to demonize a group of people that doesn't have a choice about what their sexual orientation is?

Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, And Also Like Alcoholism

GREGORY: In a debate last month, you expressed your support for don’t ask, don’t tell, which we talked about with Mr. Gibbs. And you alluded to lifestyle choices. Do you that believe being gay is a choice?

BUCK: I do.

GREGORY: Based on what?

BUCK: Based on what?

GREGORY: Yeah, do you believe that?

BUCK: Well, I guess you can choose who your partner is.

GREGORY: You don’t think it’s something that’s determined at birth?

BUCK: I think that birth has an influence over it, like alcoholism and some other things, but I think that basically you have a choice.

Video of this after the jump.

Ken Buck certainly showed how much of a clueless moron he is.

Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, and I'd agree.

All this going on and on about whether or not being homosexual is a choice and not one of you can say why it matters.

I never claimed he was. You win the straw man argument you created. Does that make you feel better now?

I said Einstein believed in intelligent design and his words confirm my statement. You and your pals are so fucking stupid that you still haven't learned that I don't say anything I can't back up.

Listen, dumbass, you are taking what he said out of context. Einstein does not believe in the ID you fundamentalist whackjobs promote as "science." He is saying that it is possible some supreme force may have created the universe at the beginning of time, which is totally consistent with the theory of evolution, since the theory of evolution is one of how species evolved on the earth.

it stands to reason that liberals would accept the idea that homosexuality is determined for you by birth. It takes away any responsibility for your actions and that is something near and dear to all iberals. If you don't believe that then you must be a stupid, racist, bigot, redneck, homophobic conservative.

Using the word "queers" and "homos" in a derogatory manner as you do demonstrates that you are a stupid, bigoted redneck homophobe. Not that we needed any more evidence after your stupid, bigoted redneck attitudes towards Muslims.

Christian hate is so ugly.

For me anyway, no it is not a faith based opinion. I would not even go so far as to say it's something every gay person is born with. I don't think choice or born with it are the only options.

My position is simply that being gay is not a choice based on the fact that I know I can't choose to WANT to have sex with a man.

My opinion is homosexuality is an emotional-mental imbalance. It is developed over time and can be conquored with help. Thousands and thousands of people have gone straight.

Which is the only answer really one can give that would still support that it's a choice. Except in your very irrational answer it would still not be a choice. Because you are arguing that their is something in their brain that is not wired 'properly'. If that is the case it would seem one should have some level of compassion for them. You obviously don't based on your deragtory use of the word queer. It doesn't seem illogical to you to demonize a group of people that doesn't have a choice about what their sexual orientation is?

Only a person who is insane doesn't know the difference between right and wrong. Being mentally and emotionally ill doesn't make you a zombie. You just have less control of yourself and make decisions that you're not happy with in the long run, thus, leading to high rates of suicide, drug abuse and alcoholism.

I never claimed he was. You win the straw man argument you created. Does that make you feel better now?

I said Einstein believed in intelligent design and his words confirm my statement. You and your pals are so fucking stupid that you still haven't learned that I don't say anything I can't back up.

Listen, dumbass, you are taking what he said out of context. Einstein does not believe in the ID you fundamentalist whackjobs promote as "science." He is saying that it is possible some supreme force may have created the universe at the beginning of time, which is totally consistent with the theory of evolution, since the theory of evolution is one of how species evolved on the earth.

it stands to reason that liberals would accept the idea that homosexuality is determined for you by birth. It takes away any responsibility for your actions and that is something near and dear to all iberals. If you don't believe that then you must be a stupid, racist, bigot, redneck, homophobic conservative.

Using the word "queers" and "homos" in a derogatory manner as you do demonstrates that you are a stupid, bigoted redneck homophobe. Not that we needed any more evidence after your stupid, bigoted redneck attitudes towards Muslims.

Christian hate is so ugly.

You are the one taking it in a degrogatory manner. Ever hear of "Queer Nation". Ever hear of "Queer eye for the straight guy"? Ever see a banner in a gay parade saying "We're queer and we're here?

If they call themselves queers then why can't I? Are you gonna attempt and pass on the rationalization that some blacks do by calling each other "******" but if a white person says it then they are racist? I don't think so. You better peddle that bullshit somewhere else.

My opinion is homosexuality is an emotional-mental imbalance. It is developed over time and can be conquored with help. Thousands and thousands of people have gone straight.

So you could be taught to go "gay"?:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back