Republican Lawmaker Stands By Claim That Islam Is 'a Cancer' In America

I wonder why he would say this. Its not as though he has to have votes to get re-elected. That's what gerrymandering is for.
gerrymandering? This has been covered already. BOTH parties draw Congressional boundaries to give their party an advantage.
There are FAR MORE democrat strongholds drawn to the advantage of democrats than there are for republicans.

Oklahoma state Rep. John Bennett (R) has not shied away from the controversial, anti-Islam comments he's made both on Facebook and at rallies in the past, and it seems like he won't anytime soon.

Bennett again defended the statements in an interview with HuffPost Live on Monday and said he'd argue Islam "is not even a religion."

"I stand behind them wholeheartedly," Bennett told host Alyona Minkovski. "First off, I never said Muslims were a cancer, I said Islam ... I would even submit to you that Islam is not even a religion. It's a social political system that uses a deity to advance its agenda of global conquest. That's exactly what ISIS is doing now, and people that follow Islam are and will do the same thing."

Also joining the conversation was Adam Soltani, director of the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, who said he received death threats after Bennett's comments.

"I received a phone call from an individual who asked if I was the director of CAIR and I said yes. He said he thinks I should be beheaded and so should every other Muslim in America," Soltani said. "What he said about the holy Quran, the holy scripture of 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide is absolutely false. It's just lies, it's hatred, it's bigotry."

More: State Rep. John Bennett Stands By Anti-Islam Comments Islam Is Not Even A Religion

According to the U.S. Constitution - Islam has as much right in America as Christianity.
This stupid alarmist running around banging on drums is getting you nowhere.
Troll

If I didn't post some shit - what would you NaziCon/Taliban assholes have to respond to?

Oklahoma state Rep. John Bennett (R) has not shied away from the controversial, anti-Islam comments he's made both on Facebook and at rallies in the past, and it seems like he won't anytime soon.

Bennett again defended the statements in an interview with HuffPost Live on Monday and said he'd argue Islam "is not even a religion."

"I stand behind them wholeheartedly," Bennett told host Alyona Minkovski. "First off, I never said Muslims were a cancer, I said Islam ... I would even submit to you that Islam is not even a religion. It's a social political system that uses a deity to advance its agenda of global conquest. That's exactly what ISIS is doing now, and people that follow Islam are and will do the same thing."

Also joining the conversation was Adam Soltani, director of the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, who said he received death threats after Bennett's comments.

"I received a phone call from an individual who asked if I was the director of CAIR and I said yes. He said he thinks I should be beheaded and so should every other Muslim in America," Soltani said. "What he said about the holy Quran, the holy scripture of 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide is absolutely false. It's just lies, it's hatred, it's bigotry."

More: State Rep. John Bennett Stands By Anti-Islam Comments Islam Is Not Even A Religion

According to the U.S. Constitution - Islam has as much right in America as Christianity.
This stupid alarmist running around banging on drums is getting you nowhere.
Troll

If I didn't post some shit - what would you NaziCon/Taliban assholes have to respond to?
Your farts are more substantive than your stupid "the world is on fire" threads.
And you are right about one thing....Your threads ARE shit.

America is a melting pot of all people and all religions. Our Constitution allows that.
America has never before been confronted with large-scale immigration by people of a non-Christian Warrior Religion which is a Law unto itself and whose adherents drift away from Western constitutional and parliamentary rule and backwards towards canon law so readily and so quickly and so pervasively worldwide - and which is so hateful and repressive towards women - and which is so intolerant of other belief systems (in direct opposition to what the Constitution stands for).

That new situation - an intolerant political-cultural-conquest scheme masking as a religion - calls for new approaches to confronting and confounding the new threat vector.

The earliest mostly Protestant American settlers freaked out when the Catholics started showing up en masse in the 19th century.

The Constitution gives him every right to say whatever likes about Islam. The Constitution also gives Muslims every right to practice their faith as well so long as it doesn't violate any law, just like any other faith in this nation.

"Republican Lawmaker Stands By Claim That Islam Is 'a Cancer' In America"

And we've had conservatives here on USMB exhibit the same ignorance, fear, and stupidity.
Too fucking bad. This is happening because 1% of Muslims are radical violent predators and the other 99% are too timid to take a stand or silently complicit
This will end when Muslims get their house in order.

America is a melting pot of all people and all religions. Our Constitution allows that.
America has never before been confronted with large-scale immigration by people of a non-Christian Warrior Religion which is a Law unto itself and whose adherents drift away from Western constitutional and parliamentary rule and backwards towards canon law so readily and so quickly and so pervasively worldwide - and which is so hateful and repressive towards women - and which is so intolerant of other belief systems (in direct opposition to what the Constitution stands for).

That new situation - an intolerant political-cultural-conquest scheme masking as a religion - calls for new approaches to confronting and confounding the new threat vector.

The earliest mostly Protestant American settlers freaked out when the Catholics started showing up en masse in the 19th century.
Yeah.. But they weren't blowing up buildings and chopping off people's heads

The Protestants and Catholics shared a common theological and spiritual and political and cultural heritage.

Islam is alien and inherently hostile to and incompatible with The West.

Big difference.

I wonder why he would say this. Its not as though he has to have votes to get re-elected. That's what gerrymandering is for.
He's a state representative from a small Oklahoma district who sells storm shelters. He's and ex-cop, a marine who had two tours in Afghanistan and apparently is till fighting Muslims.

He's a state representative from a small Oklahoma district who sells storm shelters. He's and ex-cop, a marine who had two tours in Afghanistan and apparently is till fighting Muslims.
Perhaps he perceives a need to carry on that fight?

Good for him.

And we've had conservatives here on USMB exhibit the same ignorance, fear, and stupidity.
Not ignorance, fear, or stupidity, but informed defiance. Islam is Satan worship practiced by America haters.

Not ignorance, fear, or stupidity, but informed defiance. Islam is Satan worship practiced by America haters.

Informed defiance from whom? Fox News?

America was not founded upon Christianity.

The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity
Wrong again idiot.

Wrong? How so? The founders gave us a Godless Constitution. Also, have you read the Treaty of Tripoli?
The founders based the law of the land on Christian principals. Libtards have lied so long they believe their own be.

That's funny. Christians have pretty much stolen most of their religious "principals" from previous sources.

America was not founded upon Christianity.

The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity
Wrong again idiot.

Wrong? How so? The founders gave us a Godless Constitution. Also, have you read the Treaty of Tripoli?
The founders based the law of the land on Christian principals. Libtards have lied so long they believe their own be.

That's funny. Christians have pretty much stolen most of their religious "principals" from previous sources.
Wrong. But coming from you is no surprise.

Forum List

Back