🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican Salute To Labor

I think most people who consistently bitch about unions on this board have never even been in a union.
Most people bitch about ISIS but have never lived under ISIS.
What the fuck? You're honestly attempting to compare ISIS to labor unions, which benefit workers and have led to the 40 hour work week standard, child labor laws, the minimum wage, etc, etc..
You're right.
ISIS actually provides for people. Labor unions merely destroy jobs. It wasnt labor unions that brought 40 hour weeks and child labor laws. It was competition.
Nope, all our labor laws that separate us from those poor saps building your cheap Walmart crap in China were the direct result of the labor movement and the pro-labor candidates they support. Big business never suggested any legislation that was good for a worker if it had even the slightest possibility of hurting their bottom line.

I think most people who consistently bitch about unions on this board have never even been in a union.
What the fuck? You're honestly attempting to compare ISIS to labor unions, which benefit workers and have led to the 40 hour work week standard, child labor laws, the minimum wage, etc, etc..
You're right.
ISIS actually provides for people. Labor unions merely destroy jobs. It wasnt labor unions that brought 40 hour weeks and child labor laws. It was competition.
Nope, all our labor laws that separate us from those poor saps building your cheap Walmart crap in China were the direct result of the labor movement and the pro-labor candidates they support. Big business never suggested any legislation that was good for a worker if it had even the slightest possibility of hurting their bottom line.
Why are poor saps in China building stuff sold i WalMart stores? Why arent those jobs beign done here? Yes, the labor movement.
You're welcome.

You're right.
Why are poor saps in China building stuff sold i WalMart stores? Why arent those jobs beign done here? Yes, the labor movement.
You're welcome.
Apparently Americans like to get paid for their labor and work in a safe place, what a bunch of losers.

You're right.
You're welcome.
Apparently Americans like to get paid for their labor and work in a safe place, what a bunch of losers.
Not all Americans. Some want to work for minimum wage without benefits. They call that the road to prosperity.

You're right.
You're welcome.
Bullshit. The reason is ridiculously low tariffs.

You're right.
You're welcome.
LOL! Wrong.
The reason is unit labor costs overseas are much lower than here, thanks in large part to absurd outdated union rules.
Unions have ruined every industry they have been prominent in: coal, railroads, autos, steel.

I was in one and watched them soak the business that hired them . that's why I don't care for them. And then when they don't get their way they try to hurt a business by going on strike. And let someone try to come in and work while they are on strike. they call them, scabs. that is when the thugs come out in full force... there's many reasons NOT to like them, and it's brought on all by themselves. I didn't want to work with people or for people like that.

You're right.
You're welcome.
LOL! Wrong.
The reason is unit labor costs overseas are much lower than here, thanks in large part to absurd outdated union rules.
Unions have ruined every industry they have been prominent in: coal, railroads, autos, steel.
That is a lie.

You're right.
You're welcome.
LOL! Wrong.
That is a lie.
So it's denial, then. OK.

Have you ever seen a group that whines more than the Unions? They believe they should be able TO FORCE people to join one and if you buck them they'll go around busting peoples heads open. And where's the wails of how a Big Corporation donates MILLIONS to ONE party? but they pretty much OWN the Democrat party. How fair is that to the small business owners in the country?
You tell me, when the GOP legalized corporations to be considered individuals, then you lost your government..

Wow, the GOp is able to do that, incredible. Then they turn around and support Obamacare and Gay Marriage. The bastards.

the Unions suffer the same disease as do liberals, they have become whinny little girls that want the government to save them. They have regulated their usefulness to the government. Amazing that once they do they whine about it. Such as supporting Obamacare until they realized how it was going to screw their members.

Does anyone think that the Unions were supported by the government at the Homestead works? No they fought for what they got. THEY STOOD UP FOR THEMSELVES. Now the Unions do a lot of blustering and posturing but nothing much else except to give money to the democrats. Even after they said they would not support anyone who supported Clinton's free trade agreements, they did any way. They have no heart they have taken on the persona of being the same corporations they say they hate. The president of the Unions make much more then the rank and file.

On the other hand those opposing Unions have to be denying to themselves the good that the Unions of their grandfathers did for the working man.

You're welcome.
LOL! Wrong.
That is a lie.
Yes you are.

Obama was elected and Republicans threw that out the window.

No he didn't. Record numbers are sucking on the govt tit. What are they doing for the country?

If you were queen of the world, or at least the USofA, how would you choose to remedy government's big tit?

Well, that may be kind of difficult since I don't have girl parts but hey.....in todays twisted upside down sewer I could be princess. I'd be mean and just cut the tit off. What about you? Go for some triple d breast implants to support the hoards flocking to the govt induced gravy train.

Well OK - you have a girl avatar, so I just... Oh well, my bad, I'll take your word for it that you're a boy with a girl avatar - :dunno:.

And after you cut off the government tit, then what?

Then nothing. Its not govt's responsibility to nurture generational freeloading leeches.

Obviously, the Republicans/rightwingers on this M/B have no sense of the meaning of society or civilization, but that aside...

The Republicans on this M/B want to let their fellow Americans "perish" because they are "freeloading leeches" -- I have a better idea!, shrink safety net programs down so far they can be drowned in a bathtub, while simultaneously giving people a pathway that allows people to put themselves in a position where they are allowed to pay income taxes, contribute to Social Security-healthcare-unemployment compensation-worker's compensation etc. and-----and allow people to maintain a consistent résumé throughout their working lives. Buy groceries with their own money and qualify for and maintain a mortgage.

FYI -

Myth - Families collect welfare benefits for their entire lives!

Truth - Families headed by able-bodied adults are eligible for welfare for 60 months in their lifetimes, and-----and only about two percent of welfare recipients ever reach that limit.

No he didn't. Record numbers are sucking on the govt tit. What are they doing for the country?

If you were queen of the world, or at least the USofA, how would you choose to remedy government's big tit?

Well, that may be kind of difficult since I don't have girl parts but hey.....in todays twisted upside down sewer I could be princess. I'd be mean and just cut the tit off. What about you? Go for some triple d breast implants to support the hoards flocking to the govt induced gravy train.

Well OK - you have a girl avatar, so I just... Oh well, my bad, I'll take your word for it that you're a boy with a girl avatar - :dunno:.

Then nothing. Its not govt's responsibility to nurture generational freeloading leeches.

Obviously, the Republicans/rightwingers on this M/B have no sense of the meaning of society or civilization, but that aside...

The Republicans on this M/B want to let their fellow Americans "perish" because they are "freeloading leeches" -- I have a better idea!, shrink safety net programs down so far they can be drowned in a bathtub, while simultaneously giving people a pathway that allows people to put themselves in a position where they are allowed to pay income taxes, contribute to Social Security-healthcare-unemployment compensation-worker's compensation etc. and-----and allow people to maintain a consistent résumé throughout their working lives. Buy groceries with their own money and qualify for and maintain a mortgage.

FYI -

Truth - Families headed by able-bodied adults are eligible for welfare for 60 months in their lifetimes, and-----and only about two percent of welfare recipients ever reach that limit.

all that nasty spew just because everyone isn't in love with unions.
Obviously you and most liberals like you, are filled with nothing but hate for your fellow countrymen and women and are just downright nasty human beings. and why would anyone want to save people like you? If you fell in the bathtub and drowned. after reading that garbage above my care about it would be.............. oh well

You're welcome.
LOL! Wrong.
That is a lie.
Yes you are.
Your withdrawl from this discussion is noted. Your opinion is dismissed.

FYI -

Gee Republicans want just that--people working. So why do Dems stymie every effort.

FYI -

Gee Republicans want just that--people working. So why do Dems stymie every effort.

Please explain how Dems are stymieing job growth.

FYI -

Please explain how Dems are stymieing job growth.
Wow, really?
Minimum wage laws
David Bacon Act
Increased regulations in every industry
Lilly Ledbetter Act
Higher taxes
etc.

If you need an explanation as to how these stymie job growth then you shouldnt be having this discussion.

FYI -

Just wanting people to work is not enough, you also have to want them to have decent pay, a chance for advancement and job security to truly claim to give a damn about the working class. Quit pretending you give a shit.

Forum List

Back