🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican Senate candidate says rape pregnancies are "God's will"

Look, God gave this one a black eye to go with her new unwanted pregnancy.

rape-victim.jpg

Praise Be!!

Bullshit. Whoever is elected will have the opportunity to appoint up to three supreme court justices. You can bet your ass that if Romney appoints them they will be strict conservatives and the least they will do is make it a states rights issue. Then a southern woman who needs an abortion will have to go north or west and depending on where she lives could have to travel 500-600 miles. Either that or let some fee grabbing prick cause her to abort close to home and chance infection, hysterectomy, etc. even possible death. The bible thumpers have an agenda based on a fairy tale and since they're trying so hard to meet the guy floating on a cloud and live forever they'll shut down evil women......especially witches.

Even if that is true, can you explain why that is bad?

When somebody feels that it's OK for a bunch of old indivduals...mostly men...to tell women what they can and cannot do in their everyday life this country has failed. Any woman and her doctor should have the right to decide anything about her state of health....even suicide. See....now assisted suicide is legal in Oregon when a doctor recommends it and Washington and Montana have arranged certain conditions where it can be legal there. Listen Republicans....it's none of your goddam business what others decide to do with or to themselves. Damn strage that the Republican party used to say it stood for small government and little intervention in people's personal lives and now they have automatically made bare faced liars of themselves. Fuck 'Em.

I didn't see you complain when that same bunch of old men said it is legal to murder children before they were born. That means you have no right to complain if they change their mind and decide they can't, doesn't it?

The rest of your post makes even less sense than usual.

This thread alone embodies why I identify more with Democrats than Republicans. The guy makes a dumbass statement:

“I've struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God,” Mourdock said, appearing to choke back tears. “And even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

As if God could "intend" for a pregnancy. I guess by the same decree, he "intended" for her to get raped?

Anyway, this guy makes a dumbass statement and instead of calling it a dumbass statement which it is by any measure, republicans are here defending him.

I honestly have no idea how many of them look at themselves in the mirror.

It turns out he did say that. A baffling comment. There's a difference between God allowing something to happen and God wanting/causing something to happen. A rape pregnancy is not "God's will." That is a sad misreading of the Bible.

Last edited:
Even if that is true, can you explain why that is bad?

When somebody feels that it's OK for a bunch of old indivduals...mostly men...to tell women what they can and cannot do in their everyday life this country has failed. Any woman and her doctor should have the right to decide anything about her state of health....even suicide. See....now assisted suicide is legal in Oregon when a doctor recommends it and Washington and Montana have arranged certain conditions where it can be legal there. Listen Republicans....it's none of your goddam business what others decide to do with or to themselves. Damn strage that the Republican party used to say it stood for small government and little intervention in people's personal lives and now they have automatically made bare faced liars of themselves. Fuck 'Em.

and yet here you are, a old man, telling women what should be done for them..:lol:
quit being so damn hysterical all over ABORTIONS...

I heard that the reason Romney was so adamant about the issue is that his mama condidered having an abortion after the doctor told her Mitt would be born heartless and spineless.

"Two ways to read that last line. One, the “Democrats really need this seat in Indiana” interpretation: Mourdock thinks rape is morally A-OK, at least when it results in pregnancy. Two, the “I can’t believe we’re talking about this” interpretation: He thinks rape is monstrous but that human life is sacred, therefore conception reflects divine will even if the circumstances that lead to it do not."

"Is there a theodicean conundrum in that? Arguably, sure, but the left’s not dogging him here because he’s caught in a philosophical jam. They’re dogging him because their “war on women” demagoguery simply won’t allow them to let pass an opportunity to paint a Republican as “pro-rape,” especially after the uproar over Akin and especially with a presidential election bearing down that might be decided by the width of the gender gap. I’d love to know what percentage of Dems secretly understand full well what he meant but are making hay over this anyway versus the percentage of liberal true believers who’ve convinced themselves that he really does see rape as some sort of religious sacrament or whatever. "

Richard Mourdock: Let’s face it, Democrats are twisting my rape comments for electoral advantage « Hot Air

I think most dems know this is just a tempest in a teapot...but I think our particular dems here at usmb really are that stupid....and really believe the garbage they've swallowed.

Republicans would find life to be a lot easier if they would simply allow exceptions for rape and incest, in addition to the life of the mother.

Republicans would find life to be a lot easier if they would simply allow exceptions for rape and incest, in addition to the life of the mother.

True but that would give uppity women the right to make choices. We don't want that now do we when we have mostly middle-aged white guys in Washington that can make that decision for her? Ask kg :)

It turns out he did say that. A baffling comment. There's a difference between God allowing something to happen and God wanting/causing something to happen. A rape pregnancy is not "God's will." That is a sad misreading of the Bible.

It turns out that he didn't.

(CNN) – Richard Mourdock, running for U.S. Senate in Indiana, said at a debate Tuesday that pregnancies resulting from rape are intended by God.

The Republican candidate was explaining his opposition to abortion in cases of rape or incest when he made the remark.

GOP Senate candidate: Pregnancies from rape God

If i were the RNC Chair, i'd beat Mourdock to a pulp for being such a moron.

And Governor Romney thinks this sort of man is needed in the Senate? It's shocking to think that a man like the Governor would make this sort of allowance.

While I don't agree with Mourdocks position on abortion being allowed for rape...I see where his moral stance is

Abortion is right or it is wrong. There is no middle ground. All conception is an act of God

He has a right to his opinion

Every life is precious, and everything is a part of God's plan.

If I get murdered, is that part of Gods plan? If someone you loved was murdered, would you take comfort in it being Gods plan? Like God somehow hated you so much he wanted you to suffer?

Forum List

Back