🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican States More Dependent on the Federal Government

we'll try it this way "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Which is exactly why government intervention so often screws things up.

as to your false question: neither.

:wtf:

It is a yes or no question. There is no middle ground possible. Apparently you are not well versed in logic.

Law of excluded middle - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
nice dodge ...

the law of excluded middle is a False Dilemma fallacy.....
someone's logic lacks, just not mine.
want fries with that?

Yes, the elderly should have prepared for their retirement, unfortunately wages have been relatively flat since the 1980's.

And? You think that somehow justifies placing the burden for other people's retirements on today's working generations? If anything, it is all the more reason to alleviate the burden from today's working generations.

This has contributed to the state of affairs for the elderly and preparing for retirement. More and more people in the Middle Class are living check-to-check as their disposable income shrunk.

Then they should stop living paycheck to paycheck. They should stop spending so much money that they can't afford to save anything. I save. Every paycheck.

The fact that more and more people are unable to have savings is a good barometer and that number has increased over several years.

The reason people "can't" save is because they are irresponsible. They have to have shiny new toys, and they have to have it now.

Regarding Social Security, quite a bit of money could be saved by upping the retirement age.

Cool story. Not sure there is a point. Maybe you should put that plan into action as part of the 50% reduction.

It just makes sense, people are living longer and working further into their retirement years. Unfortunately, jobs for the elderly are not in abundance. I know several older people who are having a tough time competing for jobs with younger candidates.

What's your point? That we should continue taxing today's employees to pay for yesterday's employees' retirements, continuing a burden on an already hard pressed employment generation just so they can retire just in time to see the SS program dissolved due to insolvency?

Right away, Republicans try breaking it down into race. It's always about race with them. Then how come only two states are worse than Kentucky and Kentucky is 90% white? Republicans desperately cling to this fantasy that it's white southerners who anti up all the money and the rest of the country lives off them. But it's anti education and anti science Republicans who love off the rest of us.
Yes and everyone that lives there are republicans??
This whole red state blue state is just more politics of division,and who brings up this shit the most??idiots like R Dean.
Look at NY most of the state goes the opposite of the City,but who controls the state,the city.New york has a deficit,that is more than many countries GDP,not something the brain dead should be crowing about

the law of excluded middle is a False Dilemma fallacy.....

Wow. That is an amazingly stupid thing to say.
that was a classic I just got my ass handed to me response, though I'll never admit it ...

Explanation

The False Dilemma fallacy occurs when an argument offers a false range of choices and requires that you pick one of them. The range is false because there may be other, unstated choices which would only serve to undermine the original

argument. If you concede to pick one of those choices, you accept the premise that those choices are indeed the only ones possible. Usually, only two choices are presented, thus the term "False Dilemma"; however, sometimes there are three (trilemma) or more choices offered.

This is sometimes referred to as the "Fallacy of the Excluded Middle" because it can occur as a misapplication of the Law of the Excluded Middle. This "law of logic" stipulates that with any proposition, it must be either true or false; a "middle" option is "excluded". When there are two propositions, and you can demonstrate that either one or the other must logically be true, then it is possible to argue that the falsehood of one logically entails the truth of the other.

Fallacies of Presumption False Dilemma Excluded Middle False Dichotomy Bifurcation

According to a new analysis.

states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government-blue-vs-red-image.jpg

Click here.

Let see their metrics:

1. Return on Taxes Paid to the Federal Government (Federal Funding in $ Divided by Federal Income Taxes in $): Weight = 1
  2. Federal Funding as a Percentage of State Revenue (Federal Funding in $ Divided by State Revenue in $ then Multiplied by 100): Weight = 1
  3. Number of Federal Employees per Capita (Number of Federal Workers Divided by Number of State Residents): Weight = 0.5
  4. Number of Civilian Non-Defense Federal Employees per Capita (Total Federal Civilian Employment Minus Total Civilian Employment of Army, Air Force, Navy & Defense Department): Weight = 0.25
All of these can be skewed if a state has large amounts of federal land, which happens to be mostly in low pop red states. So basically the metrics punish states with large amounts of state land, and low populations.

That's interesting. Thanks. Is there anything that adjusts for landholdings?

These are the bottom third of states which receive the most net federal government spending.

37 Georgia
38 Missouri
39 Tennessee
40 South Carolina
41 Maine
42 South Dakota
43 Louisiana
45 West Virginia
46 Montana
47 Alabama
48 Kentucky
49 Mississippi
50 New Mexico

Here is a map of federal land ownership.

Map_of_all_U.S._Federal_Land.jpg

Almost all the land owned by the Federal government is in the west. Therefore, if we take 4 of those states off the list, it would now look like this.

37 Georgia
38 Missouri
39 Tennessee
40 South Carolina
41 Maine
43 Louisiana
45 West Virginia
47 Alabama
48 Kentucky
49 Mississippi

I think most of those are still Republican states.

Again, I don't know. It would be interesting to see it adjusted for federal government land ownership.

Edit - here is a paper.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42346.pdf

Last edited:
Yes, the elderly should have prepared for their retirement, unfortunately wages have been relatively flat since the 1980's.

And? You think that somehow justifies placing the burden for other people's retirements on today's working generations? If anything, it is all the more reason to alleviate the burden from today's working generations.

This has contributed to the state of affairs for the elderly and preparing for retirement. More and more people in the Middle Class are living check-to-check as their disposable income shrunk.

Then they should stop living paycheck to paycheck. They should stop spending so much money that they can't afford to save anything. I save. Every paycheck.

The fact that more and more people are unable to have savings is a good barometer and that number has increased over several years.

The reason people "can't" save is because they are irresponsible. They have to have shiny new toys, and they have to have it now.

Regarding Social Security, quite a bit of money could be saved by upping the retirement age.

Cool story. Not sure there is a point. Maybe you should put that plan into action as part of the 50% reduction.

It just makes sense, people are living longer and working further into their retirement years. Unfortunately, jobs for the elderly are not in abundance. I know several older people who are having a tough time competing for jobs with younger candidates.

What's your point? That we should continue taxing today's employees to pay for yesterday's employees' retirements, continuing a burden on an already hard pressed employment generation just so they can retire just in time to see the SS program dissolved due to insolvency?

It is very nice of you to present your interpretation of my post.
Regarding upping the age on Social Security, there is already quite a bit of talk on that subject in Washington. I kinda thought as you are so all-knowing that you'd be aware of that.
What's my point. I was just stating facts and nothing else other than painting a picture for you.
I think you spend some time educating yourself on the subject of flat wages over almost a 40 years span's effect on household disposable income and all that spending they are doing. The fact is, we have a consumer driven economy, but because of the flat wage situation, consumer spending can't be counted on as much as it used to be. Consumer spending used to help recession be shorter but alas, since the phenomenon of flat wages has taken hold, recession take longer because consumer spending is weaker.
Below is a graph that reflects what I'm talking about. Please take the time to look at the fact that recent recessions are now taking longer to recover since the 1980's even though most of the recessions haven't been as deep as other recessions (except for the 2007 recession.
Is it just a coincidence?
Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 10.29.42 AM.png

I was going to say that everything you listed is part of the House Budget, but the GOP didn't want the bottom 95% not to pay taxes. And I'm sure they don't want to reduce the said all the programs by 50%.
But with all the cuts they want to impose, they also want to increase spending on the military. I guess it isn't enough that the US spends more on the military than the next seven top countries spend on their military's combined.

Yes, the Republican party has just as much of a spending problem as the Democrats.

And it doesn't matter if they are reducing benefits on the elderly who for the most part, live on fixed incomes and can't afford the GOP's version of prosperity for America..

Those elderly should have prepared for their own retirements. Today's working generations are paying through the nose to fund today's retirees, and then paying through the other nostril to save for their own retirements because SS will be defunct by the time they retire, all while making smaller comparative paychecks than the Boomers. It's really a travesty and an incredible injustice.

Yep they do...

A few trillions on wars was there start... Democrats spend money to help Americans while GOP like going to ME on expensive extreme holidays where poor Americans get killed.

Red states have the most minorites, mystery solved.

According to a new analysis.

states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government-blue-vs-red-image.jpg

Click here.
It must be a Tuesday because this debunked lie is brought up again.
So go ahead. Debunk it. Just saying it doesn't make it so. In fact, if you don't debunk it then you look like a lying sack of.........
Just so you can bring it up next Tuesday? Debunking need only be done once. Repeating it 500 times more is playing your game. I won't do it because it won't matter to your ilk, you'll just repeat the lie again.

As you can see, New Mexico is the most-dependent state in the U.S., according to WalletHub's data. The state gets $2.19 in federal funding for every dollar paid in federal income taxes. In contrast, New Jersey, which is the least-dependent state, gets only about 50 cents in federal funding for every dollar paid in taxes, WalletHub calculated.

The analysis found that red states, or those that voted Republican in the 2012 presidential election, were much more likely to depend on the government than blue states.

That's somewhat ironic, considering the Republican Party's general reluctance to support federally funded initiatives like Medicaid expansion, and its long-termdedication to across-the-board budget cuts to slash the federal deficit.

FOLKS, YOU COULDN'T EVEN ON YOUR BEST DAYS, MAKE CRAP LIKE THIS UP....YET THEY ALL HATE THE GOVERMENT WITH THIER HANDS OUT BEGGING!!

What do you expect after 8 years of Bill Richardson (D) being governor of New Mexico from 2003-2011? Perhaps the number of illegal aliens in the state has something to do with it.
In case you missed it, Chris Christie (R) is Governor of New Jersey.

Yup. This is something they absolutely hate having pointed out to them.
Oh point it out, just don't stop sending the money! LOL
Hey someone has to look out for our crazier brothers and sisters right? :rofl:
Thank you, thank you very much ..... ah you gonna eat that last piece a bacon .... thank you, thank you very much. Mind if I dip this here biscuit in that gravy. Thank you, thank you very much.

In the U.S., Blue States Outnumber Red States, 20 to 12
Hawaii and Northeastern states among the most blue in 2012
by Lydia Saad
Gallup determines the partisan orientation of each state by subtracting the total percentage of adults identifying as or leaning Republican from those identifying as Democrats or leaning Democratic, thus creating a "Democratic advantage" figure. Positive values indicate a state is more Democratic than Republican, while negative values indicate it is more Republican than Democratic.

The findings are based on Gallup Daily tracking from January through December 2012, encompassing interviews with more than 321,000 U.S. adults, including at least 1,000 in each of 47 states. Each state's data are weighted to match U.S. Census demographic parameters for that state's adult population.

On average in 2012 Gallup Daily tracking, 45% of all U.S. adults identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic and 41% identified as or leaned Republican. That compares with a 47% Democratic vs. 42% Republican split in party identification, according to aggregated Gallup and USA Today/Gallup stand-alone polls in 2012.

Democrats Pick Up One Net State in 2012, Republicans Lose Five

Fourteen states met the threshold for "solid Democratic" states in 2012, adding Michigan and Minnesota to the 12 that met that threshold in 2011. The Democrats had a net loss of one Democratic-leaning state, losing West Virginia and Kentucky (in addition to Michigan and Minnesota), but picking up Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Oregon. Thus, overall, 20 states were in the Democratic column in 2012, up from 19 in 2011, but still significantly fewer than Gallup found in 2008 and 2009.

In 2012, Republicans lost a total of five GOP-advantage states, including four Republican-leaning states (Indiana, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Texas) and one solid Republican state (South Dakota). While down from a total of 17 states in 2011, the Republicans' current 12 remains higher than in 2008 through 2010.

As a result of these various shifts, there were four more "competitive" states in 2012 than in 2011, for a total of 19 -- nearly double the number seen in Gallup's baseline year of 2008.

p8bsqsf0wkcrlut4ihbgig.gif

2008 was a recent high point for Democratic political identification, likely owing to the waning popularity of Republican President George W. Bush amid the economic crisis that erupted that year, and Barack Obama's ultimate appeal late in the presidential campaign. That year, Gallup found 36 states either solidly Democratic or leaning to the party, and only five solidly or leaning Republican. Those figures largely held in 2009, but started shifting in 2010, with fewer Democratic states and an increased number of Republican and competitive states. In 2011, the parties were at rough numerical parity, but in 2012, Democratic states once again outnumbered Republican states.

Red and Blue States Are Geographically Separate

Geographically, the partisan orientation of the states in 2012 shows Democrats maintaining a stronghold in the Northeast and on the Pacific Coast, while the Republicans do best in the center of the country and the South.

"Any one of those programs." Out of context?
completely ! if you had not been in such a rush to daws bash and taken the time to read post # 26.
it would be clear even to you o empty head. what programs I was talking about.
but as usual you tripped over your dick...[/QUOTE]

Daws post #26:

"bad choice of words ....what will you do with the millions of sick homeless and starving people you just fucked over in: 2) Cut Social Security, medicare, food stamps, and all other welfare.
put them in camps?"

Hoisted by your own petard once again, eh?

P.S. Please leave me out of your sexual fantasies.

Forum List

Back