🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republican top priority.....Raise taxes on the poor

come on man, it's only ok to raise taxes on the "poor" when Democrats do it.

Single Largest Cigarette Tax Hike Goes Into Effect Wednesday
Published March 29, 2009
AP
Facebook200 Twitter2 livefyre0 Email Print
WASHINGTON -- However they satisfy their nicotine cravings, tobacco users are facing a big hit as the single largest federal tobacco tax increase ever takes effect Wednesday.
Tobacco companies and public health advocates, longtime foes in the nicotine battles, are trying to turn the situation to their advantage. The major cigarette makers raised prices a couple of weeks ago, partly to offset any drop in profits once the per-pack tax climbs from 39 cents to $1.01.

Tobacco taxes are soaring to finance a major expansion of health insurance for children. President Obama signed that health initiative soon after taking office.

all of it here:
Single Largest Cigarette Tax Hike Goes Into Effect Wednesday Fox News

Raise taxes on cigs to pay for healthcare for children?

Works for me

So where does the money come from when people eventually stop buying cigs?

Good question

What would happen to our national healthcare costs if people stopped smoking cigs? It would more than pay for additional healthcare for children

Published March 29, 2009
AP
WASHINGTON -- However they satisfy their nicotine cravings, tobacco users are facing a big hit as the single largest federal tobacco tax increase ever takes effect Wednesday.
Tobacco companies and public health advocates, longtime foes in the nicotine battles, are trying to turn the situation to their advantage. The major cigarette makers raised prices a couple of weeks ago, partly to offset any drop in profits once the per-pack tax climbs from 39 cents to $1.01.

Tobacco taxes are soaring to finance a major expansion of health insurance for children. President Obama signed that health initiative soon after taking office.

all of it here:

Works for me

So you don't mind raising taxes on the poor as long as it works towards your social engineering goals, right?

Typical. All taxes are equal, but some taxes are more equal than others.

Actually, no I don't

The poor do not have to smoke cigarettes, they do have to eat

That is what Republicans don't understand

Since when is there a sales tax on food?

Republicans are looking to slash funding for food stamps. People have to eat
If the poor have to pay more for cigarettes or beer ....I don't really care

Ah, good old noblesse oblige, how bougie of you.

Yet when republicans want to tie benefits to drug tests, or restrict handouts to certain things, you guys get all "stop treating the poor badly!!!". Interesting hypocrisy here.

I realize you're not actually looking for information but this is a dumb question.

First, no one actually pays "none" but if they were paying "none", then any amount would be an increase. Understand?
No, you cannot "increase" an amount relative to one which doesn't exist. . If you have no income and find a job you're not going to say my income increased, are you?

You meant to say tax the poor, not raise taxes on the poor.

Oh, so you meant INCOME taxes.

What about people like bigrebnc1775 who says he works for cash, paid under table, so he can cheat on his income taxes? What about illegals, who do the same thing?

The left/Dem/commie are nothing but Predictable. it's back to what they know best of their fear mongering.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
First, it's yet another reminder that Republicans don't care about the national debt. Conservative carping about the debt is 100 percent of the time a rhetorical cudgel deployed with utter cynicism against programs they dislike for other reasons. When the topic is food stamps or unemployment insurance, they demand offsets to pay for them. (Because "we're broke," as Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) put it in a similar context.) But when it comes to dropping planeloads of money on corporations and rich people, Republicans will casually blow a half-trillion hole in the 10-year budget without blinking.

How about it Republicans?

When it came to providing money to families for disaster relief or economic hardship you demanded "We need to cancel something to pay for it" We need an offset to be fiscally responsible
Yet, you throw out a $440 billion tax break to corporations with no concern over how the lost revenue will be replaced
Nobody spends money like a democrat... especially the kenyan...

anderson_PresidentsAvgDeficits-1img_assist_custom-640x480_zps9945e040.jpg

One of the best democrat presidents that ever lived, JFK, even he knew that cutting taxes on the job creators/business would stimulate the economy, and when the economy grows, so does tax revenue for the government.

What part about that continually escapes modern day progtards?

First, it's yet another reminder that Republicans don't care about the national debt. Conservative carping about the debt is 100 percent of the time a rhetorical cudgel deployed with utter cynicism against programs they dislike for other reasons. When the topic is food stamps or unemployment insurance, they demand offsets to pay for them. (Because "we're broke," as Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) put it in a similar context.) But when it comes to dropping planeloads of money on corporations and rich people, Republicans will casually blow a half-trillion hole in the 10-year budget without blinking.

When it came to providing money to families for disaster relief or economic hardship you demanded "We need to cancel something to pay for it" We need an offset to be fiscally responsible
Yet, you throw out a $440 billion tax break to corporations with no concern over how the lost revenue will be replaced

The Democrats will block any attempt to lower corporate taxes even though they know that it very well could cause many corporations that are keeping profits made overseas to bring the billions back to the US and invest in expansion and create jobs.

That is what will result in a huge increase in revenue.

Published March 29, 2009
AP

all of it here:

Works for me

So where does the money come from when people eventually stop buying cigs?

Good question

What would happen to our national healthcare costs if people stopped smoking cigs? It would more than pay for additional healthcare for children

You do realize that thats pretty much already happened? So where's the savings?

The working poor pay taxes at the same time they struggle to support their families

The taxes you use to make that statement are those on the State level. They don't pay income taxes and many even get back more in a tax return than they had taken out throughout the year. That's what people like you don't get. If they get back more than they put in, not only do they pay zero income tax, what they get beyond their contributions offsets the other taxes you seem to think make up for not paying income taxes. On top of that, how much do they get in social welfare programs funded by the very taxes they don't pay?

A family of four with 2 adults and 2 children pays zero income taxes until the gross income is almost $47,000/year. That's not poor as it is 200% of the poverty level. Argument have been put forth about paying the single mother working fast food $15/hour. If she has two kids and goes from $7.50 to $15/hour, she still won't pay income taxes and will still get back more through the EIC.

Works for me

So you don't mind raising taxes on the poor as long as it works towards your social engineering goals, right?

Actually, no I don't

Yet when republicans want to tie benefits to drug tests, or restrict handouts to certain things, you guys get all "stop treating the poor badly!!!". Interesting hypocrisy here.

I don't have a problem with tying benefits to drug tests as long as they drug test those corporations that are receiving $440 billion
I don't want them blowing that money on drugs and hookers

I realize you're not actually looking for information but this is a dumb question.

First, no one actually pays "none" but if they were paying "none", then any amount would be an increase. Understand?
BULL SHIT... there are people who pay NONE, and even people that get PAID, as in EARNED INCOME CREDIT.

UNDERSTAND?

Moron.

That's what the Democrats don't understand. They try to equate taxes paid through state law as being the same as federal income taxes. If someone pays zero federal income tax, they pay zero state income tax in my state. If they get the EIC, what they get offsets many of those state taxes like property taxes, sales taxes, etc.

Same ol bullshit OP from the same lying asshole. Cutting the corporate rate can bring up to $2T back home as venture capital....that creates businesses and those create jobs despite what Hilldabeast claims. If you leftists prefer US corporations headquarter in IRELAND to avoid your continued robbery, fine...we don't. Keep in mind, every single tax cut from the GOP has been aimed at each income level....something the leftists are loathe to admit so they just lie about it.

The working poor pay taxes at the same time they struggle to support their families

The taxes you use to make that statement are those on the State level. They don't pay income taxes and many even get back more in a tax return than they had taken out throughout the year. That's what people like you don't get. If they get back more than they put in, not only do they pay zero income tax, what they get beyond their contributions offsets the other taxes you seem to think make up for not paying income taxes. On top of that, how much do they get in social welfare programs funded by the very taxes they don't pay?

A family of four with 2 adults and 2 children pays zero income taxes until the gross income is almost $47,000/year. That's not poor as it is 200% of the poverty level. Argument have been put forth about paying the single mother working fast food $15/hour. If she has two kids and goes from $7.50 to $15/hour, she still won't pay income taxes and will still get back more through the EIC.

Taxes are still taxes. What difference does it make if they come out of your right pocket or your left pocket? You still have less money to support your family

Actually, no I don't

I don't have a problem with tying benefits to drug tests as long as they drug test those corporations that are receiving $440 billion

Show me those checks the government writes to these companies. Again you confuse hand outs with tax breaks.

Published March 29, 2009
AP

all of it here:

Works for me

How about the paretns that had those children pay for their healthcare? That works for me.

Actually, no I don't

I worked for a large Corporation that was listed in the Dow 30 and they had mandatory drug testing.

Same ol bullshit OP from the same lying asshole. Cutting the corporate rate can bring up to $2T back home as venture capital....that creates businesses and those create jobs despite what Hilldabeast claims. If you leftists prefer US corporations headquarter in IRELAND to avoid your continued robbery, fine...we don't. Keep in mind, every single tax cut from the GOP has been aimed at each income level....something the leftists are loathe to admit so they just lie about it.
rightwinger has already admitted he is PAID to post here, so what you see him posting is going to be straight from the DNC playbook of talking points, so, pretty much distortions and lies.

Actually, no I don't

Show me those checks the government writes to these companies. Again you confuse hand outs with tax breaks.

"Those companies" get both and its the middle class and working poor who pay for them.

Nobody spends money like a democrat... especially the kenyan...

anderson_PresidentsAvgDeficits-1img_assist_custom-640x480_zps9945e040.jpg

One of the best democrat presidents that ever lived, JFK, even he knew that cutting taxes on the job creators/business would stimulate the economy, and when the economy grows, so does tax revenue for the government.

What part about that continually escapes modern day progtards?

JFK slashed the top tax rate to 70% and the economy was stimulated, Obamas rate is at 35%
Would you be satisfied if we returned to JFKs tax rate?

rightwinger has already admitted he is PAID to post here, so what you see him posting is going to be straight from the DNC playbook of talking points.

Who ever said I get paid by the Democrats?

rightwinger has already admitted he is PAID to post here, so what you see him posting is going to be straight from the DNC playbook of talking points.

Who ever said I get paid by the Democrats?
You admitted you get paid to post here, so if it's not the DNC paying you, who is it?

Forum List

Back