🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans be Warned: Blocking Gun Control Debate will Hurt You

You are delusional. The Sandy Hook parents will have women praying for more controls. The GOP will lose big if they block debate on the coming bill. Just watch...

Of course that will make it smoother for Hillary in 2016....:clap2:

oh really? looks like you are the uninformed delusional one. get a grip on reality

Women and Guns: Why Female Gun Ownership Is Rising and Why Many Are Taking Notice

No, you do not understand the issue. The issue is NOT gun ownership. The issue is more aggressive background checks. Over 80% of the voters support this issue. The GOP is miscalculating badly.

If that were true you should be celebrating rather than worrying about it so much.

If republicans wanted to listen to the Williams Insititute (whatever the hell that is) I expect they would hire it.

Conservatives now believe blocking a vote is a Constitutional right ...

the Democrats are fools to allow what has not even been made a statutory law - protecting at least their constituents when the tables are turned.

You are delusional. The Sandy Hook parents will have women praying for more controls. The GOP will lose big if they block debate on the coming bill. Just watch...

Of course that will make it smoother for Hillary in 2016....:clap2:

oh really? looks like you are the uninformed delusional one. get a grip on reality

Women and Guns: Why Female Gun Ownership Is Rising and Why Many Are Taking Notice

No, you do not understand the issue. The issue is NOT gun ownership. The issue is more aggressive background checks. Over 80% of the voters support this issue. The GOP is miscalculating badly.

80% support it if you believe your liberal spin. the GOP is spot on. They are saying no to any more regulations weakening our 2nd amendment rights. the problem with you libs is you want to take, take, take. the line in the sand has already been pushed too far. you were all to willing to push for the most aggressive restrictions on guns you possible could. it blew up in your faces and was met with a great deal of resistance. now you are trying to cling to the last straw you think you can possibly still get. you don't even have the support for this. and the reason you don't isbecause people have been contacting their congressman saying no. no loud and clear. that is why they are not supporting it. contacting them directly takes you lib media spin out of the picture

why are republicans defending things 90% of the American people are against?

who is it htey think they work for?

The American people will now KNOW who the republican party really works for

I've already instructed my senators that if they don't block it or vote against this, I'll work to remove them from office next year.

same here. my governor too. i think gun issues are going to really hurt the democrats in the future. 20,000,000 new requests for pistol permits alone in 2012. Women are becoming more active gun owners as well. people are tired of their rights being stripped by a clueless government with an agenda

why are republicans defending things 90% of the American people are against?

who is it htey think they work for?

90% of the American people are against the second amendment?

Hey, lets get rid of the first amendment while we're at it... all we have to do is make the ignorant get behind an argument against it. TM would be on the front lines too!

yeah, because standing up for the rights of EVERY American is a losing issue.

With ban on semi-automatic weapons out, Congress now spars over universal background checks | Fox News

Leading gun-control advocate Mark Kelly warned Republican senators that trying to block a vote on new firearms legislation that includes universal background checks could hurt their re-election efforts.

Kelly, a former astronaut and Navy captain, directed his remarks to Sens. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio, among five Republican senators who have suggested they will filibuster a debate and full floor vote.

“They should listen to their constituents” and not get in the way of the debate, Kelly told “Fox News Sunday.”

If the GOP filibusters and/or continues to block even debate on proposed legislation, they will feel the voter's wrath in 2014 and again in 2016. With 80% of voters supporting enhanced background checks, the GOP could lose the House in 2014, if they continue to deal for the NRA. I guess they enjoy those fat checks from the NRA more than anyone realized.

Not when the bill has other onerous provisions in it, like assault weapon band magazine bans and registry of owners.

The American people will now KNOW who the republican party really works for

Sorry... who?

I guess the NRA

You guess?

So the Republican party works for the NRA because they would filibuster illegal legislation to restrict the constitutional second amendment?

Maybe Obama and Dems should try and amend the constitution so they don't end up with another Obamacare mess?

What, pass laws, divide the nation then toss it to the SC in hopes that it's constructional to do something obviously unconstitutional? What's next, attacking SC justices at state of the union addresses?

I don't care what the Republican party wants. I know what I want and what I believe is good for my state and my country.

I have already communicated to my senators (Jim Inhofe and Jim Coburn from Oklahoma) that I will support them IF they oppose these emotional and 'feel good' legislative measures at every turn. Whether that be by legislative measures or by fillibuster, I don't care. Apparently, they agree with my position and with the majority of citizens in Oklahoma.

I do not now, nor will I ever support attempts to limit a LAWFUL citizen's 2nd Amendment rights. These laws NEVER do anything to stop those with malicious intent. I would think that Eric Holder could prosecute individuals who try to circumvent the current laws rather than worry about those of us who have never and will never break the law.

I don't care what the Republican party wants. I know what I want and what I believe is good for my state and my country.

I have already communicated to my senators (Jim Inhofe and Jim Coburn from Oklahoma) that I will support them IF they oppose these emotional and 'feel good' legislative measures at every turn. Whether that be by legislative measures or by fillibuster, I don't care. Apparently, they agree with my position and with the majority of citizens in Oklahoma.

I do not now, nor will I ever support attempts to limit a LAWFUL citizen's 2nd Amendment rights. These laws NEVER do anything to stop those with malicious intent. I would think that Eric Holder could prosecute individuals who try to circumvent the current laws rather than worry about those of us who have never and will never break the law.

Sounds more like 80% of the people are with you and not the originator of this post

With ban on semi-automatic weapons out, Congress now spars over universal background checks | Fox News

Leading gun-control advocate Mark Kelly warned Republican senators that trying to block a vote on new firearms legislation that includes universal background checks could hurt their re-election efforts.

Kelly, a former astronaut and Navy captain, directed his remarks to Sens. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio, among five Republican senators who have suggested they will filibuster a debate and full floor vote.

“They should listen to their constituents” and not get in the way of the debate, Kelly told “Fox News Sunday.”

If the GOP filibusters and/or continues to block even debate on proposed legislation, they will feel the voter's wrath in 2014 and again in 2016. With 80% of voters supporting enhanced background checks, the GOP could lose the House in 2014, if they continue to deal for the NRA. I guess they enjoy those fat checks from the NRA more than anyone realized.

Not when the bill has other onerous provisions in it, like assault weapon band magazine bans and registry of owners.

You realize that the assault weapons ban and the magazine items have been stripped from the bill? The only thing left is the enhanced registration, supported by 88% of voters. The GOP is afraid of losing those envelops with cash that NRA lobby slip to them when they vote the NRA's position. The NRA is lead by the gun industry, not the membership. It all comes down to cash...The Dems will pepper the airwaves with Sandy Hook parents if the GOP blocks debate on this bill. You can bet on it....

Forum List

Back