🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans be Warned: Blocking Gun Control Debate will Hurt You

Well, I wondered! It seemed a little radical, really, for a national pol.

I strive to be accurate regardless if it helps my argument or not, Circe. Which is also why I was trying to set you straight on "assault weapons"... the terminology was adopted by a virulent anti gun proponent named Josh Sugarmann of the Violence Policy Center (VPC)

"Assault weapons—just like armor-piercing bullets, machine guns, and plastic firearms—are a new topic. The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons. In addition, few people can envision a practical use for these weapons."
-Josh Sugarmann, Assault Weapons and Accessories in America, 1988

In short, he is relying upon people to think that it is something that it is not.

Josh is also responsible for the mythical plastic gun scare that resulted in a ban on a firearm that never existed... LOL

Well, thank you, and I appreciate anyone attempting to be accurate.

I am no fan of the tactic of trying to define the problem out of existence, however.

You and I could agree that there is no such thing at all as "assault rifles," but the next psychotic with fluorescent orange hair and crotch-protecting armour and war paint and camouflage clothes who wants to shoot up the new summer zombie movie "World War Z" -- what's he going to be carrying? He's going to be shooting up the theater with an assault rifle with a high-capacity magazine and a yellow racing stripe; they nearly all do.

You know what I mean when I say "assault rifle" and I know you are trying to define it out of existence by saying --- hey, no problem! They are all exactly like any other rifle so if you want to ban them you must want to ban all rifles and then wow, that would be awful!

But none of that is true. The truth is that it was a dire day when the NRA got assault rifles and high-capacity magazines legalized again. The crazies adopted them as their mass killing machine of choice --- nobody could have predicted that one! --- and now look where we are, in a mess.

Boy, talk about unintended consequences.

Hey, maybe the fashion will change and the crazies will all start stabbing people with pencils like that guy in Texas today.

Leading gun-control advocate Mark Kelly warned Republican senators that trying to block a vote on new firearms legislation that includes universal background checks could hurt their re-election efforts.

Kelly, a former astronaut and Navy captain, directed his remarks to Sens. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio, among five Republican senators who have suggested they will filibuster a debate and full floor vote.

“They should listen to their constituents” and not get in the way of the debate, Kelly told “Fox News Sunday.”

With all due respect sir, you are a fucking idiot.

Why do you think the Toomey-Manchin bill died in the Senate? It wasn't just from Republican opposition. It was from Democrat opposition as well. The Democrats were afraid for their jobs (and continued Senate control) in an election cycle where over 20 of them were up for reelection.

So Repubs will lose more ground with women when the pictures of the kids in Sandy Hook are thrown on the screen in 2014 and 2016. The heartless Repubs who used to say gun registration was a good thing want to keep getting the checks under the table from the NRA, so they said NO to the parents of the Sandy Hook kids. It IS going to hurt Count on it.

So democrat senator Kelly who hasn't done much except try to get more funding for NASA becomes a victim as congressperson Gifford's husband and/or wife and now wants his victimhood to influence the votes of republicans after his democrat propaganda network failed to blame Rush Limbaugh. Even Astronauts can be A-holes.

Glad you think so.

Wonder how many voters in America own guns??

Gee, if they already legally own a gun, then what difference do background checks make--only keeps them safer.

About 45 Million voters own 260 Million guns.

But, just cause I know what you're thinking....let me remind the nutters of some hard facts:

delusional.jpg

So Repubs will lose more ground with women when the pictures of the kids in Sandy Hook are thrown on the screen in 2014 and 2016. The heartless Repubs who used to say gun registration was a good thing want to keep getting the checks under the table from the NRA, so they said NO to the parents of the Sandy Hook kids. It IS going to hurt Count on it.
Thats okay. I know of quite a few ads that will feature Obama, and a number of prominent Democrat Senators standing on a pile of dead children holding out a piece of paper that reads gun control........but the paper will be dated 1930 and of course, the message will be, "Dead children used for an 80 year old agenda". Can you trust them with our freedoms?

With ban on semi-automatic weapons out, Congress now spars over universal background checks | Fox News

Leading gun-control advocate Mark Kelly warned Republican senators that trying to block a vote on new firearms legislation that includes universal background checks could hurt their re-election efforts.

Kelly, a former astronaut and Navy captain, directed his remarks to Sens. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio, among five Republican senators who have suggested they will filibuster a debate and full floor vote.

“They should listen to their constituents” and not get in the way of the debate, Kelly told “Fox News Sunday.”

If the GOP filibusters and/or continues to block even debate on proposed legislation, they will feel the voter's wrath in 2014 and again in 2016. With 80% of voters supporting enhanced background checks, the GOP could lose the House in 2014, if they continue to deal for the NRA. I guess they enjoy those fat checks from the NRA more than anyone realized.

Constitution still takes you out you liberal bastard

Adam had to kill his mommy to get the guns to kill the kids.

Truth hurts doesn't it you fool.

You stupid fuck And that idiot over Gabby.. Jared passed a background check.

You really can fuck off now you moron.

honestly, it looks like opposing gun control is helping the republicans. even people who are not gun owners are realizing it is a violation of rights. and many gun owners happen to be democrat. they are not happy either

Forum List

Back