Republicans fall quiet in face of Obama deficit success

The fact is that Obama has nothing to do with raising debt. He had inherited bad economy and trillion+ dollar deficits that came with it.

This is either ajbect ignorance or a bold-faced lie.
Obama signed every spendng bill that came across His desk, including the F2009 budget.
Therefore, every cent spent, and thus, every cent of deficit added to the debt, is His direct responsibility.
Are you absolutely SURE about Obama signing the FY2009 Budget into law?
Yep. March 11, 2009.

Every cent spent, and thus, every cent of deficit added to the debt, is His direct responsibility.
No way around it.

This is either ajbect ignorance or a bold-faced lie.
Obama signed every spendng bill that came across His desk, including the F2009 budget.
Therefore, every cent spent, and thus, every cent of deficit added to the debt, is His direct responsibility.
Yep. March 11, 2009.

Every cent spent, and thus, every cent of deficit added to the debt, is His direct responsibility.
No way around it.

Hardly. Revenues came in 600 billion less than estimated, and mandatory spending was up 6.2%.

Yep. March 11, 2009.

No way around it.

Hardly. Revenues came in 600 billion less than estimated, and mandatory spending was up 6.2%.

Actually the revenues dropped more like a trillion if compared to pre-crisis trend. But it must be Obama's fault since he signed the budget.

fredgraph.png

Last edited:
Yep. March 11, 2009.

No way around it.

Actually the revenues dropped more like a trillion if compared to pre-crisis trend. But it must be Obama's fault since he signed the budget.

fredgraph.png

Um. there is an eerie silence in here from the right side of the room.... No more name calling, no more counter arguments... I guess all those things are useless against hard point blank facts in yo face!!! heh heh heh! Look out for the Neg Reps, thats all they have when they lose!

The budget for which Obama signed into law.
Obama may have signed some parts of the 2009 budget but it actually was a bipartisan undertaking originated by the Bush administration.
Irrelevant - He signed and so it His budget.

Ha,ha, that's like saying the moon is made out of cheese, it's your opinion but that doesn't make it true.

Obviously you have no knowledge of how the Fiscal year works. How is Obama responsible for the Iraq war? Bush initiated it, but it's still in the budget and it has to be paid.

:cuckoo:

Obama may have signed some parts of the 2009 budget but it actually was a bipartisan undertaking originated by the Bush administration.

Ha,ha, that's like saying the moon is made out of cheese, it's your opinion but that doesn't make it true.

Obviously you have no knowledge of how the Fiscal year works. How is Obama responsible for the Iraq war? Bush initiated it, but it's still in the budget and it has to be paid.

Maybe because as president he could have ended the war on his first day in office, like the Democratic Congress voted for over and over?

fredgraph.png

Um. there is an eerie silence in here from the right side of the room.... No more name calling, no more counter arguments... I guess all those things are useless against hard point blank facts in yo face!!! heh heh heh! Look out for the Neg Reps, thats all they have when they lose!

I'm curious. What do you think that graph is showing?

What are you doing here? Obviously you are not here to learn what really happened.
I -cited- what really happend - you simply refuse to believe the truth because it does not fit your bigoted, partisan narative.

I ask again:
Was your statement "that Obama has nothing to do with raising debt" a lie, or simple ignorance?

You can go on playing a moron (or may be that is what you are). It does not change the facts:
1) Obama inherited an economy running trillion plus deficits
2) He kept running those deficits because it was the only choice save for default and ensuing economic collapse

Blaming Obama for deficits means blaming him for NOT running the economy into the ground. It can't get more hypocritical than this.

Untrue. Bush NEVER ran a trillion plus dollar deficit in any year he was in office. Libs try to pin the 2009 budget on Bush, yet they "conveniently" ignore the fact that it was signed into law by Obama, while both TARP increased spending and the ARRA lowered revenue (and liberals just looove TARP and the ARRA).

Last edited:
I -cited- what really happend - you simply refuse to believe the truth because it does not fit your bigoted, partisan narative.

I ask again:
Was your statement "that Obama has nothing to do with raising debt" a lie, or simple ignorance?

You can go on playing a moron (or may be that is what you are). It does not change the facts:
2) He kept running those deficits because it was the only choice save for default and ensuing economic collapse

Blaming Obama for deficits means blaming him for NOT running the economy into the ground. It can't get more hypocritical than this.

Untrue. Bush NEVER ran a trillion plus dollar deficit in any year he was in office.

You obviously have not read the comments posted yesterday.

It was clear as of January 2009 that the deficit will reach at least 1.2 trillion that year. CBO was looking at tax revenues, and they were that low even before Obama took the office.

Untrue. Bush NEVER ran a trillion plus dollar deficit in any year he was in office.

It was clear as of January 2009 that the deficit will reach at least 1.2 trillion that year. CBO was looking at tax revenues, and they were that low even before Obama took the office.

OK, one question for you on the left:

Is a president responsible for what happens when he is in office? Yes or No. No spinning, just answer yes or no.

If you say no, does that only apply to dems? If you say yes, does that only apply to repubs?

try for some honesty, for once.

Is a president responsible for what happens when he is in office? Yes or No. No spinning, just answer yes or no.

The President is responsible for his actions. Is that still too much of a spin for you?

Because you guys on the right keep trying to blame Obama for things that were beyond his control -- like falling tax revenues. Or deficits, which he has to run simply to keep the economy from a total collapse.

Well if they acknowledge the failure of Republican fiscal policies going back to Ronald Reagan, where does that leave their "blame the Democrats" for the current fiscal problems in the US, and the complete failure of Chicago School economic policies world-wide. Going back to 1972 and the election of Richard Nixon, the Republicans have mangled the economy, and botched foreign policy to the point where they have, with the illegal and unprovoked War in Iraq, given a whole new generation of Muslim extremists reasons to hate the US.

Watching successive Republican Presidents drive the country deeper into debt and deeper into the affairs of other nations solely in the interests of US profits made me wonder why anyone would vote for such counter productive policies. And still the faithful here act like the Republicans have in any way operated in a fiscally responsible manner and continue to blame the Democrats for the mess.

]

Forget getting an answer. He can't read a graph so won't because he's afraid he'll be shown for the dunce he is.

If you say no, does that only apply to dems? If you say yes, does that only apply to repubs?

If you want a yes or no answer then maybe you should ask a yes or no question.

If I were to ask you whether or not someone who kills someone else should be punished. yes or no; how would you answer?

Yes.............the President is responsible for what they do while they're in office. However, each and every President should also be held accountable for what they leave for their successor.

What Obama is going to leave the next President is much better than what he was handed when Jr. left office.

And yes...............decisions made 6 months to a year prior to a President taking over the office CAN have a significant impact on what they have to do.

Jr. was responsible for what he left for Obama.

Obama will be responsible for what he leaves to the next President.

And yes........................they are very much held responsible for how they handle what they are given by the predecessor.

What Obama is going to leave the next President is much better than what he was handed when Jr. left office.
Oh yeah, I'm sure the next poor bastard will be thrilled to inherit Obama's $20 trillion debt. What a ridiculous statement.

Forget getting an answer. He can't read a graph so won't because he's afraid he'll be shown for the dunce he is.

That's laughable. The graph has a title telling what it shows. Can't you guys read?

Maybe because as president he could have ended the war on his first day in office, like the Democratic Congress voted for over and over?

If he had been as irrational as Bush, he probably could have, but Obama doesn't make irrational and foolish decisions, like Bush. I guess the moon is made of cheese for you, too.

That's laughable. The graph has a title telling what it shows. Can't you guys read?

I don't think they can! They feast and nibble at the Limbaugh diner and Fox Noise bakery all day; then come here to regurgitate the mess in these forums. Ugggggh its sickening! Meanwhile, with the slime still dripping from their thin cold sore encrusted lips, (especially Rabbi(t)) they weakly mutter: " he can't read a graph." Something that neither of them has proof of. Little did they know how my graph reading, and yours, put an end to their fanciful notions once and for all about the deficit and their 16 quadrillion dollar debt! :lol:

Forum List

Back