By CHARLIE SPIERING | JULY 4, 2013 AT 8:50 AM

606x404-7ef7cbe348cd15adf2e3c94b1500618e.jpg

Article Photos: Gallup: Republicans more proud to be American than Democrats

Gallup: Republicans more proud to be American than Democrats

A quarter of Republicans support secession | Southern Nationalist Network

Secession continues to move further into the mainstream of US politics, as revealed in the results of a new poll. The Public Policy Polling data finds that a full quarter of Republicans now support independence from the United States. Another 19% aren’t sure. Only 56% are opposed to secession.

------------------------------------------

And how many Democrats want to secede? Actually, I suspect many want Republicans to secede. GOP policies have turned Red States into cesspools of ignorance and racism. And the rest of the country is tired of supporting them.

That's not exactly a huge margin between the two. For the most part, the vast majority of all of those groups seem proud of their nationality.

I'm proud to be American; I'm just not very proud of my fellow Americans.

That's not exactly a huge margin between the two. For the most part, the vast majority of all of those groups seem proud of their nationality.

The only reason the Dems are proud is because they have a Marxist in the White House.

The only reason the Dems are proud is because they have a Marxist in the White House.

I know I became proud of America for the first time in my adult life in 2008. Great year that.

I know I became proud of America for the first time in my adult life in 2008. Great year that.

:rofl:

Last edited:
I think wearing "I am proud to be American" on your sleeve is tacky. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way. Most people in most countries feel that way about their own country. But how insecure do you really have to be to wear it on your sleeve and brag it up? It sounds insecure, like who really cares that you brag that way? If you were visiting China how would you like being constantly bombarded with the same kind of internal propaganda? Who cares? People who quietly feel that way without having to wave it about are probably a more mature and reliable segment of the population.

I think wearing "I am proud to be American" on your sleeve is tacky. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way. Most people in most countries feel that way about their own country. But how insecure do you really have to be to wear it on your sleeve and brag it up? It sounds insecure, like who really cares that you brag that way? If you were visiting China how would you like being constantly bombarded with the same kind of internal propaganda? Who cares? People who quietly feel that way without having to wave it about are probably a more mature and reliable segment of the population.

Must we produce pictures to support the fact that China does it even more than we do?

chinese%20military%20parade.jpg

Must we produce pictures to support the fact that China does it even more than we do?

Hardly an unusual thing to do during what appears in the photo to be a national parade. Patriotic displays during a national celebration isn't the topic. But even if it was, so what? Is it a competition? Are we afraid that if we don't toot our own horn nobody else will? Some political science theories teach that such overt displays are conducted at public expense by repressive regimes to distract people from the true state of affairs. Or does only the "other side" do that?

Hardly an unusual thing to do during what appears in the photo to be a national parade. Patriotic displays during a national celebration isn't the topic. But even if it was, so what? Is it a competition? Are we afraid that if we don't toot our own horn nobody else will? Some political science theories teach that such overt displays are conducted at public expense by repressive regimes to distract people from the true state of affairs. Or does only the "other side" do that?

So you think we should be ashamed of our country then?

Seems to me if you asked any Chinese they are very proud of their country. It seems only in America we have people that feel we should celebrate our pride in our country and our independence in secret.

Maybe we have more reason to be less proud of what this country stands for. Republicans are so proud and patriotic I believe they would've sided with the british in the late 1700's. You guys would be posting about what a traitor paul revere was and how he should be hung, no doubt about it. Throwing good tea overboard that belonged to a corporation would've cinched it for sure. Judging how you guys always side with the corporations and the very, very wealthy, you'd be running polls like the above, condemning liberals for not being proud of king george and how they won't bow down to him like you republican patriotic bootlickers do.

Last edited:

Maybe we have more reason to be less proud of what this country stands for. Republicans are so proud and patriotic I believe they would've sided with the british in the late 1700's. You guys would be posting about what a traitor paul revere was and how he should be hung, no doubt about it. Throwing good tea overboard that belonged to a corporation would've cinched it for sure. Judging how you guys always side with the corporations and the very, very wealthy, you'd be running polls like the above, condemning liberals for not being proud of king george and how they won't bow down to him like you republican patriotic bootlickers do.
Not THIS crap again.

The FF wanted low taxes, small government, and a maximum amount of individual liberty.

Who wants that today -- liberals, or conservatives?

A quarter of Republicans support secession | Southern Nationalist Network

Secession continues to move further into the mainstream of US politics, as revealed in the results of a new poll. The Public Policy Polling data finds that a full quarter of Republicans now support independence from the United States. Another 19% aren’t sure. Only 56% are opposed to secession.

------------------------------------------

And how many Democrats want to secede? Actually, I suspect many want Republicans to secede. GOP policies have turned Red States into cesspools of ignorance and racism. And the rest of the country is tired of supporting them.
Good liberal patriots:

"I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists."
Jane Fonda

"And the idea is--in that comparison--is that the United States is like the good guys in our movie against the bad guys in our movie and I think the opposite is true unfortunately."
Viggo Mortensen

''We, the United States of America, are culpable in committing so many acts of terror and bloodshed that we had better get a clue about the culture of violence in which we have been active participants.''
Michael Moore

"We give an infinitesimal amount of our money to people around the world. I think what people around the world would say is it would take so little for this rich country to help and alleviate so much misery and even that is too much for them. We’re oblivious to suffering.”
Bill Maher

"Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me.' That you can have a gay parade on Christopher Street in New York, with naked men and women on a float cheering, 'We're here, we're queer!' -- that's what makes my heart swell. Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked up with pride."
Janeane Garofalo

“Rt wingers luv to tout American Exceptionalism – today is a reminder that so many of the things that make us exceptional these days are bad”
Bill Maher

“I hate this goddamned country! How can I live in a place that lets people go broke because they get sick? How is healthcare not a basic human right?”
Nicole Sandler

“We are a nation founded on genocide and built on the backs of slaves.”
Michael Moore

“We should not forget that the U.S. itself is a leading terrorist state.”
Noam Chomsky

“As to those in the World Trade Center . . .
Well, really. Let’s get a grip here, shall we? True enough, they were civilians of a sort. But innocent? Gimme a break. They formed a technocratic corps at the very heart of America’s global financial empire…
If there was a better, more effective, or in fact any other way of visiting some penalty befitting their participation upon the little Eichmanns inhabiting the sterile sanctuary of the twin towers, I’d really be interested in hearing about it.”
Ward Churchill

Forum List

Back