Republicans see trial as end of trump political career

It's all theater.
So you don't think that the attack on the Capitol was treasonous and un-American?
Treason? Probably. How can you say un-American though when our nation was founded by an act of treason.

It's still all theater though.
That is a QAnon talking point....1776....you showed your colors.
Fuck you. I am more conservative than you can ever hope to be, dummy. You support fuckery. I don't see fuckery as one of our founding principles.

But if you are feeling lucky, come at me. It would be a mistake, but it would be your mistake to make.
Have a nice life....IGNORED!

Another petulant child sidelined? Ding Ding!! ;)
Fear has that affect on people.

I think this was the main purpose of the trial in the first place. The GOPQ was never gonna convict the Liar in Chief. But the trial had ended his political career. Thank God!

I'd like to see Trump replaced by a TRUE Constitutional Patriot.

That would really drive you nuts.

I think this was the main purpose of the trial in the first place. The GOPQ was never gonna convict the Liar in Chief. But the trial had ended his political career. Thank God!
Political career, maybe, but now he gets to play King-maker for his sheep.

He might even like that more.

My president calls for unity...I won't unite with traitors or patrioteers

He isn't your president, he is our president. What a dumb comment, so much for you wanting unity.

As for Biden, his idea of unity, he doesn't really want it, he wants to push his agenda and has no interest in anyone disagreeing with him or uniting anything.

I'll believe he gives a shit about unity the first time he vetoes a bill that is passed with a strict, party-line majority. Wanna bet he never has the balls to do that? Wanna bet that all significant legislation is passed that way?
Why would he do that?

He'd only do that if gives a shit about unity. So, I agree with you - he won't ever do that.
Unity? Come on. 2/3's of Republicans would still vote for DUMP after he attempted treason. Unity in America is "sometimes" getting to 60%, but most often 55% is what it takes. Dump never got over 45%. Reagan is supposedly the great unifer, and even in 81 most people though he was a little nuts

Regardless, passing major legislation with a slim 50%+1 majority, is the opposite of unity. It's "we're in charge now, suck it". It's exactly the attitude that created Trump in the first place.

They're lying. His supporters aren't watching the trial. The senators are still sure they can't get reelected in two years without them. T**** is not over.

While Rump is "not over" in terms of attention-whoring activity --- certainly his enormous ego could never allow that --- his careening career in office certainly is. He lost the national vote by a combined seventeen million (seven million 2016, ten million 2020) never once touched 50% approval (only POTUS in polling history to fail to do that), only sqeaked in the first time due to a perfect storm that included the three crucial states NONE of which he could win outright, saw his pathetic poll numbers dropping precipitously after his little 1/6 panty raid, got impeached twice and is having his baggage loaded on national TV this week.

And of course a litany of criminal charges and civil suits has yet to play out as well.

The real impact this cancer potentially has is out of office, leading the same cult to the same cliff they're attracted to like so many lemmings. But that's why the Twatters and Fecesbooks of the world have permabanned his orange ass, isn't it. Starving a narcissist for attention is every bit as countereffective against such a bleating demagogue as is that demagogue's bleating. If a demagogue bleats in a forest and there's no one there to hear the bleating.... then said bleater will simply bleat to death.

Last edited:

Political career, maybe, but now he gets to play King-maker for his sheep.

He might even like that more.

The question is then, WHY would said sheep need to genuflect to a self-styled kingmaker who has no power to do so.

And the answer, for there can be only one answer, is MONEY. All that shit the Rumpster Fire has been soliciting on internet street corners since he LOST the election, who gets it and who doesn't. Somebody should be following that money.

There's literally no other reason for these yahoos to be kissing his Rump. Which in turn would mean those voting to not convict, are literally selling their votes.

Last edited:

We all know why the terrified Dems conducted the circus. However, they are sadly deluded if they believe Trumps political career is over.

He isn't your president, he is our president. What a dumb comment, so much for you wanting unity.

As for Biden, his idea of unity, he doesn't really want it, he wants to push his agenda and has no interest in anyone disagreeing with him or uniting anything.

I'll believe he gives a shit about unity the first time he vetoes a bill that is passed with a strict, party-line majority. Wanna bet he never has the balls to do that? Wanna bet that all significant legislation is passed that way?
Why would he do that?

He'd only do that if gives a shit about unity. So, I agree with you - he won't ever do that.
Unity? Come on. 2/3's of Republicans would still vote for DUMP after he attempted treason. Unity in America is "sometimes" getting to 60%, but most often 55% is what it takes. Dump never got over 45%. Reagan is supposedly the great unifer, and even in 81 most people though he was a little nuts

Regardless, passing major legislation with a slim 50%+1 majority, is the opposite of unity. It's "we're in charge now, suck it". It's exactly the attitude that created Trump in the first place.
WTF? Reagan got his agenda through the House by giving Tip ONeil 40%plus on everything. America is traditioanally a 55% place. That way you have less then 25% of the nuts on either side of everything, and they'll always be pissed in any event. HW depended on guys like Sonny Montgomerty

It's clear that nearly all of these Republican Senators want Trump ejected from the political conversation.

But they are gutless.

They're HOPING that the Impeachment will do what they are afraid to do. Make Trump ineligible.

If Trump is nominated in 2024 he'll lose by an even greater landslide than he did in 2020 -he'll probably declare that the election was a fraud again - but it won't get him anywhere.

But Trump scum aren't going away. We'll have to worry who their next messiah will be.

As Octavian was to Julius Ceaser, the next demagogue leader may be a bit smarter than Trump...and usher in the dictatorship that Trump had hoped for!

We need to remain vigilant!!!

It's clear that nearly all of these Republican Senators want Trump ejected from the political conversation.

But they are gutless.

They're HOPING that the Impeachment will do what they are afraid to do. Make Trump ineligible.
jmo but it's more about the gop senators thinking Trump is more unelectable in 24, so why fall on their swords now. So long as the Alt Right Proud Boy types are expelled, I don't really have any problem with people playing for a consensus. And to be truthful Obama and Hillary didn't make life better for the people who lost their homes and life savings through no fault of their own beyond buying a house with the intent of paying for it, when some guys on wall st who should be in jail schemed to market junk bonds as gold plate.

I doubt his political career is over because so many idiots would still vote for him...

Why would he do that?

WTF? Reagan got his agenda through the House by giving Tip ONeil 40%plus on everything. America is traditioanally a 55% place. That way you have less then 25% of the nuts on either side of everything, and they'll always be pissed in any event. HW depended on guys like Sonny Montgomerty
Ok - party line votes aren't "unity". They create more partisan rancor, and we need less. If I had my druthers, the 60% super-majority would be a base requirement.

Why would he do that?

Ok - party line votes aren't "unity". They create more partisan rancor, and we need less. If I had my druthers, the 60% super-majority would be a base requirement.
I'd be happier if three gopers would vote for the stimulus. But the sad fact is, imo, that even if the dems took out everything but stuff the gop already supported plus the $1400 checks, no goper would join. It's not exactly courage to look to regain fiscal hawk status after having voted gop for the last 4. But … here we are.

Why would he do that?

I'd be happier if three gopers would vote for the stimulus. But the sad fact is, imo, that even if the dems took out everything but stuff the gop already supported plus the $1400 checks, no goper would join. It's not exactly courage to look to regain fiscal hawk status after having voted gop for the last 4. But … here we are.
And it doesn't have to be that way. When you at historical votes on major, controversial legislation, it wasn't:

Social Security: Social Security History
Medicare: Social Security History

And those laws have never been in any serious jeopardy of being repealed, or significantly undermined. Because they were popular enough that some members of the opposing party felt compelled to vote for them.

They're lying. His supporters aren't watching the trial. The senators are still sure they can't get reelected in two years without them. T**** is not over.
I heard on the news last night, not many R senators are up for reelection in 2022?

Let me go check....

But if that is the case, then it has to be some other fear?

Forum List

Back