Republicans seek own policy cure to replace Obamacare

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Looks like the pubes are making a push

-Geaux

(Reuters) - Top Republicans are saying they can no longer just be the party of "No" on Obamacare: They need to come up with an alternative healthcare policy.

While many Americans are skeptical of President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul, they also tell lawmakers they worry about keeping their costs from getting out of control. For those voters, a party that offers a platform to repeal the 2010 law without anything to replace it may not be very attractive.

As a result, lawmakers from both the establishment wing of the Republican Party and the more fiscally conservative small-government proponents in the Tea Party movement are exploring healthcare policies.

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner of Ohio said it would be a major topic at a Republican retreat next week.

"We need to present the American people with a positive," said long-time Senator John McCain of Arizona, who in 2008 had a detailed healthcare reform plan as the Republican Party's presidential candidate against Democrat Obama.

"A number of people are working on it, and we've come up with the various provisions, and now hopefully we're going to put together a Republican package" on healthcare, McCain told Reuters outside the Senate last week.

read the rest here:

Republicans seek own policy cure to replace Obamacare | Reuters

If the GOP was smart they would propose something along the lines of Singapores 3m program. Even if for no reason than to start a dialogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the GOP was smart they would propose something along the lines of Singapores 3m program. Even if for no reason than to start a dialogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pubs could propose a turd in the hand and it would be a vast improvement over ACA :lol:

-Geaux

Excellent timing for the GOP. Their hearts must really be in it this time.

Their hearts are no different than the black, cold heart of Obamacare. Both only care about the votes their dangerous decisions may garner

-Geaux

Looks like the pubes are making a push

-Geaux

(Reuters) - Top Republicans are saying they can no longer just be the party of "No" on Obamacare: They need to come up with an alternative healthcare policy.

While many Americans are skeptical of President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul, they also tell lawmakers they worry about keeping their costs from getting out of control. For those voters, a party that offers a platform to repeal the 2010 law without anything to replace it may not be very attractive.

As a result, lawmakers from both the establishment wing of the Republican Party and the more fiscally conservative small-government proponents in the Tea Party movement are exploring healthcare policies.

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner of Ohio said it would be a major topic at a Republican retreat next week.

"We need to present the American people with a positive," said long-time Senator John McCain of Arizona, who in 2008 had a detailed healthcare reform plan as the Republican Party's presidential candidate against Democrat Obama.

"A number of people are working on it, and we've come up with the various provisions, and now hopefully we're going to put together a Republican package" on healthcare, McCain told Reuters outside the Senate last week.

read the rest here:

Republicans seek own policy cure to replace Obamacare | Reuters
Now THATS funny!

The GOP proposed an individual mandate in response to HillaryCare back in the 90's.

Jeezus. They're just getting around to this NOW????

Yeah, brilliant.

Not true. The article clearly states that the GOP has presented alternatives but no single plan has been presented. That means they've been working on it. The administration simply ignores it, and so does the media.

On several occasion Obama has brought together commissions to investigate problems, they then submitted their findings and their recommendations, and Obama promptly discounts them. The latest was on the NSA. The commission found that the Date-mining program currently spying on million of American needs to be scrapped because it can show no successes in fighting terrorism. Obama said, nope, not going to scrap it.

Last edited:

Yeah, brilliant.

Not true. The article clearly states that the GOP has presented alternatives but no single plan has been presented. That means they've been working on it. The administration simply ignores it, and so does the media.

As I've screamed about multiple times here, the GOP could have done the following IF they actually wanted to present an alternative to Obamacare (And I say IF because I've heard many conservatives say there should have been NO alternative). In order:

1. Come up with a plan they can get behind
2. Give it a snappy, memorable name
3. Print it up, preferably an easy-to-handle 5x7 booklet
4. Put a nice, bright, instantly recognizable cover
5. Hand out a copy to each and every Republican elected official
6. Hold it up at every State of the Union
7. Hold it up during every teevee interview, whether the interview is about the plan or not
8. Make it downloadable from some website
9. Refer to it by its snappy, memorable name in every talk, interview and speech.

That's all it would have taken, there is NO WAY it could have been ignored, even by the media. Nice and easy. But no, the GOP couldn't get its act together to do this, even though they had MORE than enough time to do so.

Why not? Probably because the party was afraid to ruffle the feathers of people like Limbaugh and Hannity and Levin and Beck, all of whom were saying no alternative was necessary.

So they sat there, they did NOTHING, and this pig was passed. They're just as culpable as the Democrats. And NOW they're suddenly seeing the light, NOW they're suddenly becoming brave? A little late in the game, isn't it, four freakin' years down the road?

Ridiculous.

Who knows? Maybe with some honest effort they can eventually come up with something that sucks even worse.

Yeah, brilliant.

As I've screamed about multiple times here, the GOP could have done the following IF they actually wanted to present an alternative to Obamacare (And I say IF because I've heard many conservatives say there should have been NO alternative). In order:

7. Hold it up during every teevee interview, whether the interview is about the plan or not
9. Refer to it by its snappy, memorable name in every talk, interview and speech.

That's all it would have taken, there is NO WAY it could have been ignored, even by the media. Nice and easy. But no, the GOP couldn't get its act together to do this, even though they had MORE than enough time to do so.

Why not? Probably because the party was afraid to ruffle the feathers of people like Limbaugh and Hannity and Levin and Beck, all of whom were saying no alternative was necessary.

So they sat there, they did NOTHING, and this pig was passed. They're just as culpable as the Democrats. And NOW they're suddenly seeing the light, NOW they're suddenly becoming brave? A little late in the game, isn't it, four freakin' years down the road?

Ridiculous.

That is one hell of a plan. Basically, you think the GOP can become relevant again if they can only come up with a snappy slogan and learn how to use Print Shop.

No worries about substance. Presentation is the key. Very appropriate.

1. The system needs to be affordable to most people
2. The system needs to be innovative
3. Both must meet for most people

How do we do that??? We both know that the government funds a large percentage of innovative science. I'll defend the drug corps to the last breath but what I say is true.

Ridiculous.

That is one hell of a plan. Basically, you think the GOP can become relevant again if they can only come up with a snappy slogan and learn how to use Print Shop.

Since when do liberal, radical leftists consider 'substance'? It's been my experience that substance typically escapes their grasp.

-Geaux

Ridiculous.

Since when do liberal, radical leftists consider 'substance'? It's been my experience that substance typically escapes their grasp.

-Geaux

Yikes. Lone Laugher continues to post directly to me, even though he knows I can only see his posts when he's quoted. It was a little creepy at first, but you get used to it.

He was kind enough, however, to vividly exhibit the type of blatant intellectual dishonesty that motivated me to put him on ignore in the first place.

Note that he chose to ignore #1: Come up with a plan they can get behind.

He did that, of course, because he had a little point to make and didn't want honesty to derail his agenda.

Lying liars lie. Evidently it's genetic, they can't help themselves.

:rolleyes:

Ridiculous.

Exactly ! Theses republicans have no clue .

Yeah, brilliant.

points to ponder:
The ACA is unconstitutional, regardless of what the tyrannical Supremes say. The Republicans along with 70% of Americans expected the Supreme Court to follow the U.S. Constitution and rule the whole thing unconstitutional. No where in the Constitutional is the power given to the Federal Government to force the American People to buy anything! PERIOD!!

The so called, "Neocons", have always had ideas that would bring down healthcare and insurance costs, and allow patients and their doctors to decide what treatment was best.
Among these are allowing people to shop nationwide for insurance.
Repealing the Clinton law that required drug companies to sell drugs to foreign countries cheaper than it cost to manufacture them and charging the American people to make up for the loss.
Tort reform, opponents say it's only a miunte portion of the cost, but they don't calculate the cost of all the unnesessary tests and procedures doctors perform to cover themselves against frivilous lawsuits.

These ideas have been opposed by the Democrats, who BTW are heavily financed by Lawers and 'legal organizations', and the 'establishment Republicans' who also get huge donations from lawyer's organizations.

So, when you say, "About time", don't include the New Conservative Republicans, (so called neocons)

Last edited:

Yeah, brilliant.

Ridiculous.

And give the Dems something concrete to criticize?

They would twist it and rename it and just trash it in the usual manner.

Ridiculous.

And give the Dems something concrete to criticize?

They would twist it and rename it and just trash it in the usual manner.

Yes, Mud. The horror of having Democrats criticize a plan is reason enough not to come up with one. You nailed it.

Forum List

Back