🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans to Domestic Terrorists - You're Welcome

Gun control does not work no matter how many times you simply wish that passing these feel good do nothing measures would.
The shooter used a late model Sig Sauer which was already ILLEGAL and NOT available to the public anyway. He had a full military combat rifle NOT an AR-15.

The Sig MCX is not a full military combat rifle, it is a civilian variant just like the Ar-15 is a civilian variant of the M-16. Now get a grip and stop with the BS.

The key differences being what?
No burst option on the selector switch?

Otherwise same ammo, magazines and rate of fire.

No burst or full auto on the selector switch, it's semi-auto only, just like the AR.

But...
It's my understanding that most of our combat forces can switch to full auto but choose to almost never switch to full auto because their weapons are more efficient killing machines on semi-auto
- IOWs an ISIL duped American citizen can go into their local gun store and purchase the same fire power our combat forces choose to carry into battle.

It's dependent on the situation of course, but the mode most preferred is the 3 round burst. It's a lot more accurate than full auto. Full auto is usually used for suppressive fire only to get a lot of shit down range in a short time. But the real question is so what if civilians have equally capable weapons as the military? After all our military is made up of former and future civilians. I have a total of 26 years of military experience, why shouldn't I have any weapon I chose?

Why do you have so little faith in your fellow citizens, statistically the number of citizens that abuse the right to have firearms is pretty insignificant compared with other causes of death and injury. Less than .01% abuse that right annually and 60% of those only hurt themselves, while defensive uses of guns are about 2% of the population. So why don't you regressives just admit, it's not about controlling guns or crime, it's about controlling civil law abiding people. The criminals could give a shit about your laws.

Senate rejects series of gun measures

The next scheduled domestic terrorist attack will take place on... at...?
We don't know when or where the next domestic terrorist attack will take place but what we do know is after today's Republican vote in the Senate - getting a gun to kill Americans with won't be a problem for ISIS recruits.

Chris Murphy: ‘Republicans have decided to sell weapons to ISIS’

“We’ve got to make this clear, constant case that Republicans have decided to sell weapons to ISIS,” Murphy said, using an alternative term for the Islamic State militant group. “That’s what they’ve decided to do. ISIS has decided that the assault weapon is the new airplane, and Republicans, in refusing to close the terror gap, refusing to pass bans on assault weapons, are allowing these weapons to get in the hands of potential lone-wolf attackers. We’ve got to make this connection and make it in very stark terms.”

A democrat and ISIS member goes on a shooting spree to kill gays and somehow if the repubs won't go along with reducing every citizens Constitutional right to due process they're the ones selling guns to ISIS. How does that make any sense to you?

On top of that the democrats directly sold guns to the Mexican drug cartel's. The gay democrats one here in particular fully support islam. He even has a gay flag with the islam symbol on it. I've personally told him a few times that muslims would kill him at the drop of a hat. Well guess who was right.

The stench of desperation from the left is appalling and only complete morons would fall for this spin of trying to blame anyone but islam and their cohorts in this country the democrats for this tragedy.

Nice rant.

Only a complete moron would come up with that as a reply. Point out what's wrong with it.

We don't know when or where the next domestic terrorist attack will take place but what we do know is after today's Republican vote in the Senate - getting a gun to kill Americans with won't be a problem for ISIS recruits.

“We’ve got to make this clear, constant case that Republicans have decided to sell weapons to ISIS,” Murphy said, using an alternative term for the Islamic State militant group. “That’s what they’ve decided to do. ISIS has decided that the assault weapon is the new airplane, and Republicans, in refusing to close the terror gap, refusing to pass bans on assault weapons, are allowing these weapons to get in the hands of potential lone-wolf attackers. We’ve got to make this connection and make it in very stark terms.”

A democrat and ISIS member goes on a shooting spree to kill gays and somehow if the repubs won't go along with reducing every citizens Constitutional right to due process they're the ones selling guns to ISIS. How does that make any sense to you?

On top of that the democrats directly sold guns to the Mexican drug cartel's. The gay democrats one here in particular fully support islam. He even has a gay flag with the islam symbol on it. I've personally told him a few times that muslims would kill him at the drop of a hat. Well guess who was right.

The stench of desperation from the left is appalling and only complete morons would fall for this spin of trying to blame anyone but islam and their cohorts in this country the democrats for this tragedy.

Nice rant.

Only a complete moron would come up with that as a reply. Point out what's wrong with it.

He was a lone wolf. Democrats are saying that voting no on the gun control measures means that the Republicans are in favor of terrorist, like the lone wolf in Orlando, being able to purchase the arms necessary to kill several dozen people. I don't believe they limited it to ISIS inspired terrorfucks. Maybe some jackass did, I didn't hear it. I don't accept that logic. There are other ways to kill if you are so inspired. Might not be as easy though....

Democrats did not sell any guns directly to the Drug Cartels. Anyone who believes that is completely and utterly wrong. Like believing the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

I don't know any Gay person who supports the Radical Islamic Terrorist or Islamic regimes that imposes the death penalty for being gay.

I'm not willing to blame anyone but that POS shooter. I wish I believed in a place call Hell, where that fucker would feel pain and agony for eternity......

Reagan sold arms to Iran and gave arms to terrorists in Central America, and that was banned. So, it seems bans don't work.

The shooter used a late model Sig Sauer which was already ILLEGAL and NOT available to the public anyway. He had a full military combat rifle NOT an AR-15.

The Sig MCX is not a full military combat rifle, it is a civilian variant just like the Ar-15 is a civilian variant of the M-16. Now get a grip and stop with the BS.

No burst or full auto on the selector switch, it's semi-auto only, just like the AR.

But...
It's my understanding that most of our combat forces can switch to full auto but choose to almost never switch to full auto because their weapons are more efficient killing machines on semi-auto
- IOWs an ISIL duped American citizen can go into their local gun store and purchase the same fire power our combat forces choose to carry into battle.

It's dependent on the situation of course, but the mode most preferred is the 3 round burst. It's a lot more accurate than full auto. Full auto is usually used for suppressive fire only to get a lot of shit down range in a short time. But the real question is so what if civilians have equally capable weapons as the military? After all our military is made up of former and future civilians. I have a total of 26 years of military experience, why shouldn't I have any weapon I chose?

Why do you have so little faith in your fellow citizens, statistically the number of citizens that abuse the right to have firearms is pretty insignificant compared with other causes of death and injury. Less than .01% abuse that right annually and 60% of those only hurt themselves, while defensive uses of guns are about 2% of the population. So why don't you regressives just admit, it's not about controlling guns or crime, it's about controlling civil law abiding people. The criminals could give a shit about your laws.

Your opinion doesn't seem to square with Army policy. But it's possible you've been out of the Army so long you're also out of the loop?

Our military (the most powerful military in the world) is using the semi-auto position as the 'A' position and that's the same position that darn near any American civilian can pick up at their local gun store.

Full Auto: Battlefield Necessity or A Waste of Ammo?

Even if the Army does nothing more to improve the M4, the service should be applauded for its decision to dump the three-round burst setting. It’s ineffective, never used and hinders accuracy with its inconsistent trigger pull.

But switching to a full-auto setting does raise an interesting question — does the infantry need full auto when most battle-seasoned veterans — including special operators — agree that semi-auto fire is highly effective for suppressing the enemy?

<snip>

I can’t really see a downside to it. Back in the mid-1980s — before the shift to the M16A2 and the three-round burst — active-duty infantry units kept to a strict rule that rifleman only fired their M16A1s on semi auto. Today’s combat-experienced infantrymen are even more disciplined.

Having a more consistent trigger pull can only help rifleman shoot more accurately.

Gawd, liberals are so retarded. Gun control will stop terrorism! What an idiot

shocking! And Afghanistan is a gun free zone!

Surely they have less murder than ANYWHERE!

Gun Control Policy, Jalalabad Style: He Who Grabs All the Rifles Writes the Rules

But...

Your opinion doesn't seem to square with Army policy. But it's possible you've been out of the Army so long you're also out of the loop?

Our military (the most powerful military in the world) is using the semi-auto position as the 'A' position and that's the same position that darn near any American civilian can pick up at their local gun store.

Even if the Army does nothing more to improve the M4, the service should be applauded for its decision to dump the three-round burst setting. It’s ineffective, never used and hinders accuracy with its inconsistent trigger pull.

But switching to a full-auto setting does raise an interesting question — does the infantry need full auto when most battle-seasoned veterans — including special operators — agree that semi-auto fire is highly effective for suppressing the enemy?

<snip>

I can’t really see a downside to it. Back in the mid-1980s — before the shift to the M16A2 and the three-round burst — active-duty infantry units kept to a strict rule that rifleman only fired their M16A1s on semi auto. Today’s combat-experienced infantrymen are even more disciplined.

Having a more consistent trigger pull can only help rifleman shoot more accurately.

Not to mention a gross waste of ammunition.

But...

<snip>

Things may have changed, since I retired, I never took the A-2 to the two way rifle range, I had an A-1 in Vietnam. The unit I was with during Desert Storm wasn't deployed and I retired in 2000 before Afghanistan. May I ask why you concentrated on the mode of fire and ignored the remainder of my post?

Gun control does not work no matter how many times you simply wish that passing these feel good do nothing measures would.

When I hear someone say: weapons like the AR15 and the Sig Sauer MCX are less lethal because they are not legally able to be switched to full auto, I wonder, is the speaker/author stupid or full of political bullshit.

Functionally speaking, the only difference between a military M16, or M4, etc, and an AR15. or Sig Sauer MCX, etc is the seldom to never used FA function. And an argument can be made that because of it's lighter weight, gentler recoil, and gas system, the Sig Sauer MCX is even more deadly in an urban environment. But don't just take my word for it - below are several quotes from former "Deputy Assistant Defense Secretary Phillip Carter, himself a gun owner, who knows the AR-15 well from his service as an Army officer." gleaned from an interview with John Yang.

*PHILLIP CARTER, Former Defense Department Official: So, the AR-15 is America’s rifle because it’s what America’s military carries.

It’s modeled on the M-16 that’s been carried by America’s Army and America’s Marine Corps and the rest of our services since Vietnam. Today, roughly 20,000 troops carry a similar rifle in Iraq and Afghanistan, and even those who don’t serve feel that they’re part of that effort when they carry the AR-15.

*PHILIP CARTER: So, the recoil on the M-16 or the AR-15 is designed to be light, so that you can keep it on target and continue to shoot bullet after bullet after bullet. It’s by design.

*PHILIP CARTER: It’s a military rifle. It’s designed to deliver masses of bullets to a very specific target over time. This is a weapon designed to kill in mass quantities. It’s a military weapon.

JOHN YANG: Fully automatic, meaning?

*PHILIP CARTER:
<snip>
The ammunition for the M-16 or the AR-15 is a 5.56-millimeter bullet. It’s a very small and very fast bullet that does a lot of tissue damage when it hits a person. So just the tip here is the bullet. It’s roughly the size of your pinkie tip. But it’s propelled forward by a massive cartridge of powder that shoots this at a very high velocity, creating a bullet that can punch through targets, whether they’re human or otherwise, with a great deal of lethality and power.

The other thing about this bullet is, because it’s so small and moves so fast, it tends to tumble or become volatile when it hits a person, and so it tends to create a very wound and very difficult-to-treat wounds. Again, it’s a military weapon. It’s not designed for hunting, where you might want to preserve the meat so that you can eat it. It’s designed to wound or kill soldiers in combat.

So let me get this straight

1) An administration that has lost sight of tracked weapons going across the border into Mexico, wants to hold the PEOPLE in this country more accountable for getting a hold of weapons that has a potential of creating the killing we saw in Orlando and San Bernardino
2) We have a problem with domestic terrorists, yet Presodent Obama releases known terrorists from a secured facility in Guantanamo Bay to other nations beyond the reach of the Inited States.

Yet it's republicans that should be thanked by these terror groups like Isis?

Which begs the question(s); which is deadlier in a crowded bar, a Sig Sauer MCX on automatic or semi-automatic? which is deadlier in classroom a Sig Sauer MCX on automatic or semi-automatic? And how long can a shooter stay in automatic before a Sig Sauer MCX barrel warps? or the shooter runs out of ammo?
Semi-Auto is almost always preferred. Fully auto is pointless in most situations other than siuppressive fire because aiming is impossible with fully automatic fire.

But...
Not quite correct. Full auto has been completely removed from the vast majority of military weapons because it is not effective. Crew serve weapons are still fully auto but those are either mounted or otherwise grounded and they are not common. The average soldier carries an M4 or M16 with select fire available (single shot or 3 round burst). 3 round is only used for close quarters combat such a room clearing and we are taught to aim at the crotch. With 3 round burst, a target at 10 feet will have a round in the crotch, chest and head if aimed in this manner - that is the kick from just 3 rounds. Full auto puts anything past those 3 rounds in the air and not on target.

But...

<snip>

I have to ask, And?

This does not change the fact that the second is a right protected in the constitution and that the second specifically protects such arms as are in common use at the time to include infantry weapons used by the military. The idea that the AR or M16 is somehow more deadly than most handguns is silly and wrong. How deadly a weapon is relates directly to the weight of the round, its ballistics and its speed. There are far more deadly rounds. The 556 is nothing compared to something like a 45 or a 12 gauge. A handgun would be far more useful in close quarters like a night club as well where you may be engaging targets at very close range. Rifles become cumbersome in that environment.

Forum List

Back