Republicans to target unions, expand school choice in states

She did plenty wrong, it's just with that little cabal they have up there has people watching out for their own kind that stopped them from doing the right thing. That's one of the reasons Trump won. It's also the reason Comey had a pile of resignations from his agents on his desk.

That sounds like the FBI was putting politics before good investigations. Point was, Comey investigated Hillary twice, broke the rules about announcing investigations before an election. Did it help Trump win the swing states and override the will of the people, or was it the Russian Hacking?

Doesn't really matter. The real problem is that a guy most of us didn't want is taking over... and there's going to be hell to pay when he fucks it up.

She did plenty wrong, it's just with that little cabal they have up there has people watching out for their own kind that stopped them from doing the right thing. That's one of the reasons Trump won. It's also the reason Comey had a pile of resignations from his agents on his desk.

That sounds like the FBI was putting politics before good investigations. Point was, Comey investigated Hillary twice, broke the rules about announcing investigations before an election. Did it help Trump win the swing states and override the will of the people, or was it the Russian Hacking?

Doesn't really matter. The real problem is that a guy most of us didn't want is taking over... and there's going to be hell to pay when he fucks it up.
It's a good thing Trump won with a mandate....

Should the left, "target" republicans who are, infidel, protestant, and renegade to their own, Republican Doctrine?

Sounds like it could be a good time to end our wars on the abstractions of crime, drugs, poverty, and terror, since they are nowhere to be found in the Doctrine, of the republicans.

the electoral college; there was no popular mandate.

Yes, a mandate, by the people....

just right wing fantasy? the democrat won the popular vote.

What did they win?

Again, how did they hack the election? I hear all about hacking but I heard they hacked the Democratic Party's emails, then leaked the emails.

Are you saying they hacked the voting machines?
Hacking the actually voting machines and not being discovered is almost impossible because they are not online during the voting. The votes are either stored on a cartridge, hard drive, paper punched card, or a marked card. All machines produce a paper backup. The danger in manipulating votes is in counting, not the voting.

The Russian hacking had no effect on the voting process. The question of whether it had any effect on voter decisions is unknown and will remain so. However, Russia has had a long history of inference in the political process of selecting leaders in other nations. To think that Russia would not attempt to do so in US elections seems a bit naive.

This is not the first time Russia has meddled in US presidential elections. Russia attempted to persuade Adlai Stevenson, the Democratic presidential nominee in 1952 and 1956, to run again and offered to support him. This is probably the best documented attempt but there are others.
The Russians Tried Once Before to Meddle in a U.S. Presidential Election

Well we don't know if Russia leaked the emails or not, their reputation precedes them. However, no one has given solid proof who hacked the computers and no one has proof the Russians are involved, it is all speculation.

The US government has an obligation to it's citizens to investigate and then let the citizens know if the Russians are involved or not and what the evidence is. Simply retaliating against Russia is not proof of anything.

The current tactic is saying yes they are involved and not releasing proof is highly suspicious.
Security agencies such as the CIA and the FBI usually don't want to release a lot of details that involves on going operations for obvious reasons. I don't know if it's possibility to gather enough evidence to prove the Russians are guilty in this politically charged court of public opinion. My guess is they would be able to establish a fairly high level of probability but not absolute proof. Kind of like the farmer who has lost 3 chickens, finds bloody feathers and sees a chicken hawk hanging around. It's possible a fox he has never seen did it but not likely.

Assuming the CIA has a huge amount evidence and released it, would it be enough and would it be worth divulging information that would be potentially damaging to their operation? I think this would definitely be a consideration when the president elect has already said he didn't believe it.

"What The Russian Hacking Report DOESN’T Say

Today, the Department of Homeland Security and FBI released a report alleging Russian hacking.
It’s important to note what the report does NOT say …
It does NOT allege any of the following:
 It doesn’t claim that it’s accurate.

weasel words – “as is”, “does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information” –

 It doesn’t mention Wikileaks … not even once. In other words, the report does not allege that the Russians gave any Democratic Party or Podesta emails to Wikileaks
 It doesn’t address the fact that the NSA possesses records showing exactly how the emails went from the Democratic Party to Wikileaks, as it tracks all electronic communications in the U.S.
 It doesn’t address the fact that Russia would not have used widely known hacking methods (and wouldn’t have paid tribute within the code to a famous Russian intelligence officer), and that anyone could have copied these methods and names
 It doesn’t address the fact that top former NSA and CIA officials (and Wikileaks) says that these were not hacks at all … but rather leaks by American insiders
 It doesn’t address American intelligence services’ less-than-stellar history of truthfulness, and routinely skew intelligence to justify preordained policy outcomes
 It doesn’t address the fact that – according to the Los Angeles Times – the U.S. interfered in foreign elections 81 times between 1946 and 2000 … compared to only 36 times by the Ruskies
 It doesn’t address the fact that most Americans aren’t buying the whole claim that the Russians hacked our election
In other words, the report really doesn’t say much of anything …"
http://www.globalresearch.ca/what-the-russian-hacking-report-doesnt-say/5565479

Wise up.
The report only address one and only one issue, Whether Russia hacked into the DNC network and other government and non goverment networks, not how hacked information might have been distributed or if was distributed, nor whether it influenced the election, nor clandestine acts the US may have committed in the past, nor the accuracy of various security agencies, because that was not purpose of the report nor the responsibility of these security agencies.

The report provides technical details regarding the tools and infrastructure used by the Russian civilian and military intelligence Services (RIS) to compromise and exploit networks and endpoints associated with the U.S. election, as well as a range of U.S. Government, political, and private sector entities.

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

Any who voted for Bill's wife NEED to believe that some outside force provided Trump's victory.

I'll assume you voted so, in which case it assuages your hurt at having so many disagree with your view.

Hence, zero evidence is enough for you.

Am I correct?

What did they win?
the electoral college made the decision, not the People.

What did they win?
Read the constitution....you sound foolish.....

What did they win?
i am trying to be a poet, and know it. why do you appeal to ignorance?

What did they win?
i am trying to be a poet, and know it. why do you appeal to ignorance?
I don't know why I appeal to you.....

We don't need that, but we need something. I didn't back Benghazi because of lack of evidence, I am not backing this either.

How did the "Russians hack the vote.", as you keep claiming?

How is that union you are forming at work coming?

I work at a company that is employee owned. That's actually better than a union.

My other job is a sole proprietorship.

without going back to find where you probably made all sorts of comments about Benghazi, I point out that right in general ignored evidence about it, the emails, Obama's Birth Certificate, etc. They knew what the "truth" was.

Let's have a real investigation into how much the Russians hacked our elections. While we are at it, let's release all of Trump's taxes to see how much the Russians own of his businesses.

I see, the union should be for others, not you. Interesting. I believe if you want to join a union fine, if you don't fine. Private companies union get collective bargaining, public employees get no collective bargaining.

I did make comments about Benghazi and I wanted an investigation and then it was over and I said to move on, there wasn't enough evidence. I also asked for a full investigation of the Russians influencing the election by hacking into DNC and other emails and Obama ordered an investigation and so far we have nothing. As far as Russians actually hacking the vote counts, we have nothing.

So like Benghazi, the birthers and other nonsense I will wait but we currently have no real evidence that has been presented. I don't take government propaganda as fact. Time will tell.

Thinking Democrats should applaud school choice. The greatest disadvantage suffered by poor urban young people is the bad education inflicted by the corrupt public school monopoly. Let students and parents choose and the schools will either improve or go out of business. Why would anyone want to empower union bosses and bureaucrats rather than students and parents?!

Guy, we've already told you...

First, there aren't enough private schools to accommedate all the kids.
Second, the private schools will cherry pick the kids they want, not the ones who probably need the help.
Third, you increase demand for something, the price will go up. Which means that it will cost more to voucher a kid than to send him to a public school. That will waste tax dollars.
Right. The average private school tuition in the U.S. for a non-sectarian elementary school is $15,945 a year, and $27,302 a year for secondary school. Only 10% of the students in the US attend privates schools and 80% of those that do attend religiously affiliated schools.

You would think with all the news of vouchers and failing public schools that there would be quality private schools popping up everywhere but the fact is there aren't and for good reason.

• First, privates schools value their privacy. They do not want to have to open their doors to government and public scrutiny. They value their right to select the kind of students that their parents want which are typically white, upper middle class students free of the problems that make them hard to reach.
  • Second, school vouchers and scholarship programs are only available in a small number of states and often limited to students with IEP's or disabilities.
  • Third, less than 10% of US public schools are failing or face sanctions and when students and parents are giving the option of attending better schools, 70% choose to remain where they are.
School Vouchers: The Emerging Track Record

OK ray then how about nobody in america has kids except if they make at least 500 thousand dollars per year.
Then you would complain our military is shrinking because people aren't having enough kids. I would highly disagree and perhaps ahuge birthrate decline for many years would be the way to go. That means a lot more low paying jobs unfilled which to my retired viewpoint, and yes I collect social security...happily. With businesses struggling to find workers we all win.

You don't need a half-mil a year to educate your children. There are plenty of families making less than six figures that do it today. One of those families are tenants of mine. The father works as a computer tech (making nowhere near six figures) and his wife stays home and home schools their two children. A friend of mine the same. He works two full-time jobs and has been supporting his family since he and his wife got married. They raised three children all home schooled and again, he makes nowhere near six figures.

Now as far as public school, I don't mind doing my part. But I do believe that people with kids in the school should pay more than people with no kids in the school. As I stated earlier, I'm paying more to the schools with no children attending than other people on my street that do have kids in those schools. If anybody here thinks that's fair, I would sure love for them to explain to me how.

You own more valuable properties, therefore you pay higher taxes. There ya go!

There you go what????

Because my property is valued better than others on the street, I should pay more for their kids education? Again, please explain the equity or how that makes any sense.

Your property is valued less than mine, but you have four kids in the school. I have no kids in school, yet I'm paying more into that school than you are and you call that fair?

I have a better idea: why don't people with kids in school pay more for the school than people that don't? That's much fairer than forcing people with higher property value to pay for education.

You have a strange concept of what is fair. THAT is the problem. Don't like it? Vote to change it. As it stands, that how we fund schools.

Forum List

Back