Republicans want to decrease turnout by pretending to think that mail ballots will result in fraud.

Perhaps someone can explain why voting in person is no longer good enough. Don't give me the Covid bullshit excuse if people can go out and protest and riot in Portland for 60 plus straight days and counting they can dam sure wear a mask and stand in line six feet apart to vote.

Perhaps someone can explain why voting in person is no longer good enough. Don't give me the Covid bullshit excuse if people can go out and protest and riot in Portland for 60 plus straight days and counting they can dam sure wear a mask and stand in line six feet apart to vote.
It's not the same set of people you dumb-ass.

Your logic: Because people in Portland are protesting, all of you must risk infection

Your logic: Because people in Portland are protesting, all of you must risk infection
I see you couldnt explain why in person voting is no longer good enough. Your logic because there is a slight chance you could geyt an infection that the vast majority recover from we shouldn't continue with in person voting. People have camped out overnight to be the first to see a movie or get those black Friday deals they have stood in line for days to be the first to get the new Iphone if it is something people really care about they proven nothing will keep them from doing it. Itshould be no different with voting your response
1596110733599.png

Republicans are setting up an excuse for why they were so badly beaten in November

Trump will use it as an excuse to challenge the results in court.

Madam President strikes again. LOL I sure remember 2016 where Hitlery was a shoe in.

Oh and I would never vote by mail. I always go to the voting booth. Just to make sure my vote gets there. I always vote early.

Democrats don't need mail-in ballots to cheat.
With a number of votes cast, that is statistically impossible, absent some serious cheating.

assuming all 30,000+ people in that district intended to vote for Obama (unlikely), there should've been at least a few mistaken votes for Romney.

People are already getting thousands of mail in ballots sent to their personal address. Nothing suspicious about that.

But the recent Supreme Court decision means that Texas will definitely NOT be turning blue.
:auiqs.jpg:

I see you couldnt explain why in person voting is no longer good enough.

1. Because in person voting has never been “good enough”. Many people are away on Election Day. Many are not physically able to go stand on line for an hour.

2. With a deadly infection rampant, there is no reason for Government to insist people risk exposure

3. Many states already have 100 percent mail in voting.

4. in person voting would require constant disinfecting of the voting booth and people in long lines risk infection

5. There is no reason NOT to have mail in voting during a pandemic

Their minions actually do believe mail in ballots are a sure sign of illegal votes, just like they believe all the other crap that right wing leaders spout at them. The leaders, however, know better.

City councilman among 4 facing voter fraud charges in New Jersey

Mail in ballots open people up to influence from friends and family
Mail in ballots open up vote farming
If it's safe enough for Trump and his staff to vote by mail, it's safe enough for everyone else.
You're not trying to equate absentee voting to massive mail in voting, are you?

You're not trying to equate the risk of fraud to the risk of exposure to a "deadly" virus, are you?

But, if it takes ID to get a firearm, surely we can justify requiring ID to vote, right?

If you have to have ID to buy alcohol and tobacco, surely it is no big deal to require ID to vote, right?

Because in person voting has never been “good enough”. Many people are away on Election Day. Many are not physically able to go stand on line for an hour.
This is complete bullshit, because every state now has early voting, where weeks in advance of election day, all the polls are open every day. It is another bullshit excuse.

With a deadly infection rampant, there is no reason for Government to insist people risk exposure
But it's OK for people to go around "protesting" in pretty close proximity to each other?

Yeah, we're not buying that bullshit.

Many states already have 100 percent mail in voting.
Good thing most of the swing states are not.

Texas won't, thanks to the Supreme Court. So, say goodbye to that "blue wave" in the Lone Star State.
:laughing0301:

There is no reason NOT to have mail in voting during a pandemic
except that we have already found examples of potential fraud and nobody seemed to give a shit about a pandemic while out "protesting" and ignoring social distancing and mask wearing.

What is the point of masking and social distancing if it will do nothing to protect people at the polls (but ignore those "protester")?

Their minions actually do believe mail in ballots are a sure sign of illegal votes, just like they believe all the other crap that right wing leaders spout at them. The leaders, however, know better.

If it's safe enough for Trump and his staff to vote by mail, it's safe enough for everyone else.

You're not trying to equate the risk of fraud to the risk of exposure to a "deadly" virus, are you?

But, if it takes ID to get a firearm, surely we can justify requiring ID to vote, right?

If you have to have ID to buy alcohol and tobacco, surely it is no big deal to require ID to vote, right?
If there’s a risk of fraud for absentee voting, there’s a risk of fraud for mail in voting.

Why would you accept a little fraud?

Sorry. If everyone can’t do it, no one should.

Last edited:
Republicans don't think mail ballots are unsafe. Republicans are just pretending to think so in order to force as many in-person votes as possible. This is because Republican voters are more likely to be unafraid to be exposed to coronavirus (due to their ignorance about risk posed by being in a crowd). Democrats are more likely to be afraid of being out there in a crowd bring exposed to the virus.

Republicans know the state of Washington and Oregon have been conducting all-mail elections for years without problems.

They just don't mention Oregon and Washington.

Because they're playing dumb.

We know what you're trying to do.
I don't think that is the case. I think the right truly is concerned with fraudulent voting. Ballots being mailed out by mistake, for dead people, dogs, cats, and those not eligible to vote.

Personally, I think mail in voting is a great idea, its much more convenient, I just don't believe that it can be done with the assurance that it will not create a lot of problems.

Aside from the high potential that there will be fraudulent voting, there is also the fact that the results of the election may not be available the day of the election. There is also the potential for election interference because ballots could become "lost", or that large quantities of ballots could magically be "found".

Then there is also the problem like we saw with "dangling chads", where ballots with could be called into question because of inaccurate markings, or possible incomplete markings. This could cause the election to be held up for weeks while it is straightened out, and for each side calling for suspicious ballots to be thrown out.

Because in person voting has never been “good enough”. Many people are away on Election Day. Many are not physically able to go stand on line for an hour.
This is complete bullshit, because every state now has early voting, where weeks in advance of election day, all the polls are open every day. It is another bullshit excuse.

With a deadly infection rampant, there is no reason for Government to insist people risk exposure
But it's OK for people to go around "protesting" in pretty close proximity to each other?

Texas won't, thanks to the Supreme Court. So, say goodbye to that "blue wave" in the Lone Star State.

except that we have already found examples of potential fraud and nobody seemed to give a shit about a pandemic while out "protesting" and ignoring social distancing and mask wearing.

What is the point of masking and social distancing if it will do nothing to protect people at the polls (but ignore those "protester")?
People protesting is no justification for not encouraging people to avoid social contact.

“Potential”. That is all you have
Same with voter ID, you can provide no example of actual instances of significant voter fraud.

People protesting is no justification for not encouraging people to avoid social contact.

“Potential”. That is all you have
Same with voter ID, you can provide no example of actual instances of significant voter fraud.

So, because no one has actually broken into my home, I should simply ignore the POTENTIAL and not lock up when I leave?

I can just leave the keys in the ignition of my car, because I have never been a victim of GTA. There is only a potential, so I am all clear, right?

Because very few have been caught in voter fraud schemes, we should just ignore the risk?

Fuck no!! That's what stupid people do.

all polls ARE NOT OPENED for early voting in this pandemic.

didn't you see the complete madness for the primary elections? some states.. closed all of the local voting spots near citizen's homes and made one big ass voting spot, where people had to wait up to 6 hours in line, in order to vote.... and find a way to get to this new far away voting spot.....

YOU ARE TRYING to disenfranchise citizens, of their vote..... you know it, I know it, we all know it....

it is the ONLY WAY Reublicans can win.... they HAVE TO disenfranchise citizens of their vote. :(

Let's put the vote-by-mail 'fraud' myth to rest

Vote fraud in the United States is exceedingly rare, with mailed ballots and otherwise. Over the past 20 years, about 250 million votes have been cast by a mail ballot nationally. The Heritage Foundation maintains an online database of election fraud cases in the United States and reports that there have been just over 1,200 cases of vote fraud of all forms, resulting in 1,100 criminal convictions, over the past 20 years. Of these, 204 involved the fraudulent use of absentee ballots; 143 resulted in criminal convictions.​
Let’s put that data in perspective.​
One hundred forty-three cases of fraud using mailed ballots over the course of 20 years comes out to seven to eight cases per year, nationally. It also means that across the 50 states, there has been an average of three cases per state over the 20-year span. That is just one case per state every six or seven years. We are talking about an occurrence that translates to about 0.00006 percent of total votes cast.​
Oregon is the state that started mailing ballots to all voters in 2000 and has worked diligently to put in place stringent security measures, as well as strict punishments for those who would tamper with a mailed ballot. For that state, the following numbers apply: With well over 50 million ballots cast, there have been only two fraud cases verifiable enough to result in convictions for mail-ballot fraud in 20 years. That is 0.000004 percent — about five times less likely than getting hit by lightning in the United States.

Some people lead complicated lives, can't always make it to the polls on election day. Work hard all day, then stand in long lines late at night when you have to get up early next day, not too good. Then you have republicans closing down polling places in areas where Black folks vote and republicans don't allow weekend voting. On and on, one link below.

Republicans don't think mail ballots are unsafe. Republicans are just pretending to think so in order to force as many in-person votes as possible. This is because Republican voters are more likely to be unafraid to be exposed to coronavirus (due to their ignorance about risk posed by being in a crowd). Democrats are more likely to be afraid of being out there in a crowd bring exposed to the virus.

Republicans know the state of Washington and Oregon have been conducting all-mail elections for years without problems.

They just don't mention Oregon and Washington.

Because they're playing dumb.

We know what you're trying to do.
Trump and other officials in DC think it is fine for them to use.
Do you not know the difference in mail-in ballots and absentee ballots?

Can you tell me who won that Congressional seat in NY that had mail in voting and was so fucked by by the USPS that no winner has yet to be determined 5 weeks after the election?

If there’s a risk of fraud for absentee voting, there’s a risk of fraud for mail in voting.

Why would you accept a little fraud?

Sorry. If everyone can’t do it, no one should.

The risk is smaller because of the smaller # of absentee ballots.

Voting should be onsite, and 1 day, a 24 hour period from say 9 PM local time the night before to 9 PM the night of election day.

Absentee ballots for cause only.

Forum List

Back