Republicans: why do you ignore the wealth inequality issue?

No one is "moving jobs"....Global competition dictates the marketplace. To be frank, there are not that many jobs that are not here that used to be.
Most jobs that have disappeared by attrition or technology.
It simply takes less people to do the same amount of work that it did 30 or even 20 years ago.
As a matter of fact our production output is greater than it ever has been. Hence reason why the handwringers get to post these dopey charts that indicate productivity has outpaced wages. Of course it has. When fewer workers are required to produce a higher volume of product, the cost goes down and thus the amount of wages paid to produce the product. This is not some evil plot to create a large underclass.
Look, if you want perpetual employment where government mandates employees are kept on the payroll even when there is nothing for them to do, move to France. That country has such laws. And 20% unemployment with a generation of youth that cannot find decent work because they have to wait until someone dies or retires in order to get a job.

Actually, France's unemployment rate is about the same as ours..

International Unemployment Rates and Employment Indexes, Seasonally Adjusted, 2007-2011

I will concede "productivity" has reduced the number of workers. And the geniuses pat themselves on the back and pay themselves eight figure salaries and pride themselves on what a great job they've done.

And they've pretty much created millions of Democratic voters. Because the more people you make dependent on Government, the more government they will tend to vote for.

That's a straw man argument as there are very few people who "pay themselves 8 figure salaries" in business.
60% of all employers are small business.
Besides, THEY OWN the business. What they do is none of anyone else's concern.
Increased production does not create dependency on government. Government policy toward business does that.

"Similar to winning the lottery"

Only a snob leftist prick would use such an analogy....

What the hell are you babbling about?

In regards to being income, they are similar, because they only happen one time, rather than happening repeatedly, as with wages, investment dividends, etc.

Get a grip.

No it's not income...

Every accountant on this earth would NEVER call it income...

It's called a fucking inheritance and is (wrongly) taxed as such...

Only a fucking democrat would look forward to having their life savings taxed at 50%...

Oh for criminies sakes, if you're going to opine about this law, Mr Nick, the very least you ought to do is learn what the law really says.

The estate tax is scheduled to a top rate of 35%.

The exemption amount is scheduled to be $5.0 million, or $10 million for married couples.

Not enough free money for you?

Poor little rich boy.

No one is "moving jobs"....Global competition dictates the marketplace. .

yes, a liberal simply cant understand this point or capitalism in general. He imagines that if corporations just stayed here and made over priced union junk the American people would mysteriously stop going to WalMart to buy lower priced higher quality stuff from China.

In fact the people would continue to shop at WalMart to improve their standard of living and the home bound American corporations would go bankrupt with 100% of the jobs.

Are you some kind of high-grade retard who thinks that stuff coming in from China is "higher quality". Really? :lol::lol::lol:

YOu know, the ones where they put lead in the paint of kids toys, or put anti-freeze in the toothpaste sold in dollar stores?

Again, I'm always amazed you begrudge the guy who does the work a fair wage, but think that the executives making the horrible decisions really deserve those 8 figure salaries when their companies go into bankruptcy.

This is the kind of "Capitalism" that Romney represents, and why the man is pretty much the political equivlent of the Ebola Virus.

Oh just stop it with the mysterious 8 figure salaries. Exit that strategy. There is no traction there.
No one begrudging anyone anything.
What is a "fair" wage?...
See none of you can define "fair". You repeat that stance because it sounds good.
Lets take a company like NCR..Ok, how many retail outlets actuall use cash registers? Few if any. Under your premise, NCR should keep making these outdated devices because the company has been making them for decades. And what of all those workers who make should NCR get out of the cash register mfg business....
Look, if such a compnay as NCR does not chanmge their business model to keep up with technonlogy, then they go bankrupt or die. It's that simple.
Whirlpool used to make ice boxes. Once the refirgerator was invented Whirlpool had to retool to make those products. Otherwise the company would have gone out of business.
Many companies are forced by union contracts to keep staff even though manufacturing processes require fewer workers to produce more product. This is one of the main gripes of the unionists. They scream "no fair" when a company modernizes a plant to increase production and reduce labor cost.
The business has no choice. They can keep up with their competition or go out of business. It's that simple.
Your lack of understanding in this concept is puzzling.

In regards to being income, they are similar, because they only happen one time, rather than happening repeatedly, as with wages, investment dividends, etc.

Get a grip.

No it's not income...

Only a fucking democrat would look forward to having their life savings taxed at 50%...

Oh for criminies sakes, if you're going to opine about this law, Mr Nick, the very least you ought to do is learn what the law really says.

The exemption amount is scheduled to be $5.0 million, or $10 million for married couples.

Poor little rich boy.

what's funny is you know he doesn't come close to having enough where it wouldn't be exempt from taxes.

Get a grip.

No it's not income...

Poor little rich boy.

The amount is immaterial. The issue is that the federal government in it's arrogance beleives it is entitled to ANY part of an estate just because a person happens to die.
That money has been taxed many times over and government still wants another bite at the apple.
I once heard an interview of a top level IRS spokes person. She used the words "we let you keep"....I almost wanted to go the radio station and plant my foot in this woman's ass.
That phrase "we let you keep" presupposes the notion that all wealth belongs to government FIRST....Hogwash.
Unfortunately there are many people in this country who believe everything begins and ends with government.

No it's not income...

Poor little rich boy.

The amount is immaterial. The issue is that the federal government in it's arrogance beleives it is entitled to ANY part of an estate just because a person happens to die.
That money has been taxed many times over and government still wants another bite at the apple.
I once heard an interview of a top level IRS spokes person. She used the words "we let you keep"....I almost wanted to go the radio station and plant my foot in this woman's ass.
That phrase "we let you keep" presupposes the notion that all wealth belongs to government FIRST....Hogwash.
Unfortunately there are many people in this country who believe everything begins and ends with government.

From what I've seen, that's the primary difference between left and right when it comes to property, including the income that we earn from labor or investments. Those on the right, whether they fully think it through or not, embrace the Founderts' understanding that if personal property is not sacred and untouchable by govetrnment, there is no freedom. The government should receive, courtesy of the people, only as much as is necessary to fund the Constitutional functions of government. Those on the right are not given to class envy but see the infinite possibilities in a social contract in which the people are not servants of the government.

The left however, sees everything belonging to the collective and, whether they fully think it through or not, philosophically see the government as the entity that determines what rights, including property, that we will be allowed to have. If you read carefully what they write, the left embraces the concept of a monarchal government with rightful power over the people. They seem unable to conceive of a government as the servant of the people and resist that concept when it is put before them. They see that the duty of the people is to serve the government who then takes care of everybody who isn't rich. Class envy is just one of the phenomenon that helps them justify their ideology in their own minds.

The Founders gave us a Constitution and philosophy of government in which the people can be free, unfettered by whatever circumstances into which they are born, and where opportunity is there for the taking for everybody. It is ever more obvious that we are losing the heart and soul of that Constitution, however, and if we do not constantly defend and fight for it, it will soon be too late to reverse that trend.

Last edited:

Poor little rich boy.

From what I've seen, that's the primary difference between left and right when it comes to property, including the income that we earn from labor or investments. Those on the right, whether they fully think it through or not, embrace the Founderts' understanding that if personal property is not sacred and untouchable by govetrnment, there is no freedom. The government should receive, courtesy of the people, only as much as is necessary to fund the Constitutional functions of government. Those on the right are not given to class envy but see the infinite possibilities in a social contract in which the people are not servants of the government.

The left however, sees everything belonging to the collective and, whether they fully think it through or not, philosophically see the government as the entity that determines what rights, including property, that we will be allowed to have. If you read carefully what they write, the left embraces the concept of a monarchal government with rightful power over the people. They seem unable to conceive of a government as the servant of the people and resist that concept when it is put before them. They see that the duty of the people is to serve the government who then takes care of everybody who isn't rich. Class envy is just one of the phenomenon that helps them justify their ideology in their own minds.

The Founders gave us a Constitution and philosophy of government in which the people can be free, unfettered by whatever circumstances into which they are born, and where opportunity is there for the taking for everybody. It is ever more obvious that we are losing the heart and soul of that Constitution, however, and if we do not constantly defend and fight for it, it will soon be too late to reverse that trend.
Once again I must congratulate Mr Foxfyre for marrying such a sharp lady...
Excellent post!

The facts should anger you.

You say any person deserves to keep every cent they make. That would be fine, except that most of the people in the top 5% are not EARNING all of the money that they are MAKING.

Why ignore the evidence?

Wealth And Inequality In America

Productivity and profits are up, yet wages for the middle class haven't changed over the last few decades unlike the 1%

I don't think that I should make more money simply because of the top 5%. I just the think the wealthy should pay a fair tax that would go to benefit programs for lower level workers. In doing so, their hardwork can be fulfilled.

Billy000 - the better question is - why do you liberals cry like little girls over som something you control? If you don't like what you are getting paid, then quit your damn job and go find a new damn job. Or, start your own damn business and you can be the "evil" owner making all of the money.

At the end of the day, talented people make as much money as they want, and useless, lazy, talentless people cry about mythical "inequality".

Get a grip.

No it's not income...

Poor little rich boy.

In what fucking universe do you believe you have entitlements to anothers wealth or life savings???

Fuck the government - fuck you and fuck the idiots that made bad decisions in life...

Its almost like you leftist fucks believe in NO RESPONSIBILITY in life- if you're poor its the result of the rich - not yourself...

I donate to as many private charities as possible, and you know what asshole?? private charities can CHOOSE to help those who are truly needy - they're not obligated to unlike our fucking government that uses our tax dollars as a fucking reward to those who vote for them...

Now go fuck off and cry....

You say any person deserves to keep every cent they make. That would be fine, except that most of the people in the top 5% are not EARNING all of the money that they are MAKING.

Why ignore the evidence?

Productivity and profits are up, yet wages for the middle class haven't changed over the last few decades unlike the 1%

I don't think that I should make more money simply because of the top 5%. I just the think the wealthy should pay a fair tax that would go to benefit programs for lower level workers. In doing so, their hardwork can be fulfilled.

Billy000 - the better question is - why do you liberals cry like little girls over som something you control? If you don't like what you are getting paid, then quit your damn job and go find a new damn job. Or, start your own damn business and you can be the "evil" owner making all of the money.

At the end of the day, talented people make as much money as they want, and useless, lazy, talentless people cry about mythical "inequality".

Gingrich really pissed off a lot of libs and was labeled a racist because he suggested that the federal government would be willing to offer training to go get a job, then training to help improve the person's ability to get a better job and some day be able to OWN the job.
Any suggestion of self help or self determination sends libs into orbit around Saturn.
They cannot handle the suggestion that people CAN accomplish things as long as they are willing to help themselves.
No libs would rather beat up business based on a perception that ALL workers are grossly underpaid. Libs despise the idea of individualism, achievement and success.
Libs feel that we are all incompetent and we are incapable. We must be saved form ourselves.

Why ignore the evidence?

Because when they got the chance, they went to school and majored in sandbox. Which only pays in the cat shit that is buried at the bottom of it. They used their grant money on window dressing that keeps the school in business, but doesn't pay the holder of their degrees anything. So they think those of us who made better choices owe them!

Last edited:

Why ignore the evidence?

Gingrich really pissed off a lot of libs and was labeled a racist because he suggested that the federal government would be willing to offer training to go get a job, then training to help improve the person's ability to get a better job and some day be able to OWN the job.
Any suggestion of self help or self determination sends libs into orbit around Saturn.
They cannot handle the suggestion that people CAN accomplish things as long as they are willing to help themselves.
No libs would rather beat up business based on a perception that ALL workers are grossly underpaid. Libs despise the idea of individualism, achievement and success.
Libs feel that we are all incompetent and we are incapable. We must be saved form ourselves.

There have been many inducements and incentive programs over the years to help people get training to get a job. Even Section 8 housing was supposed to help in that regard because it was supposed to motivate people on welfare to work by letting them see how the other half lives. None of it has worked. None of it ever will work as long as healthy people can get free money, as long as 'baby daddies' can impregnate dozens of women and then cool their heels in prison for gang activity, or as long as women who have no means of support other than the government perceive they have a 'choice' to 'stay at home with the babies' and have that perception validated. The system has to change or this country will go under. Anyone who does not have a serious mental or physical disability should be required to work for money they get from the government. I realize what the Constitution says about involuntary servitude. But, IMO, those of us who have to pay all that money to able bodied people who won't work are the ones caught up in involuntary servitude.

And I will edit to add another comment as to the rich on this one: The super rich are the ones who run our government. They force things down our throats which they themselves are shielded from. I personally, am to the point of telling the ilk of Teddy Kennedy to support the crack hos with their own goddamned money! No one can deny that the burden for welfare falls largely on the middle class. Yet the system was set up by people who are insulated from the very system they created.

Last edited:
Sorry, guy, there is a pie.

It's called "The amount of profit an enterprise makes". And back in the 1950's or 60's, it was shared pretty fairly- if you were white and working class.

That is the dumbest thing I ever heard anyone say. In the 50's and 60's hourly workers were hourly workers. Stock holders got the goodies then, just like they do now. If you want a slice of the pie, buy into it.

Buying stock just isn't that complicated!

Please point out anything I said that was inaccurate.

I'll ask you honestly, did Wagoneer, the guy who ran GM into the ground and require a government bailout, deserve a 12 million dollar salary? The only reason why he was thrown out was because the government insisted he leave as a condition of the bailout, becuase he was kind of worthless.

But you'd begrudge the union thug ACTUALLY ASSEMBLING THE CAR $28.00 an hour.

Can you kind of see where your priorities are kind of skewed here?

Your first word calling the statement that wealth is not a 0 sum game is inaccurate.

NOthing to do with my point. Please get off the Limbaugh cliches. This is not a case of an expanding pie, and hasn't been an expanding pie in some time. The pie is shrinking, and the rich are demanding ever larger slices.

The fact is, if you are dividing the pie, we were far better off as a country when working schlubs got a more even share of the pie, because they turned around and spent on consumber goods, employing other working schlubs.

"If my workers can't afford my products, I don't have a business" - Henry Ford.

If the pie is not getting bigger how do you explain the fact that GDP is increasing?

Last edited:
Sorry, guy, there is a pie.

It's called "The amount of profit an enterprise makes". And back in the 1950's or 60's, it was shared pretty fairly- if you were white and working class.
Oh please. Making up shit along the way does not make it fact.
This issue of alleged income or wealth inequality is based on the so-called "share" of the net wealth of the country. Not one individual firm.
For a moment, I'll play along.
So we have the XYZ corporation. They make widgets.
This is a privately held firm with 5 owners who administer the daily operations of the company.
There are 100 employees.
FY 2010 was a banner year for XYZ as they realized a net profit rise of 15% over the previous year.
All 100 employees are given a bonus of 15% of their weekly salary as a reward for a job well done. The company identified the workers most responsible for the terrific result and offered them 6% wage increases while the rest of the workers got the normal 3%.
In FY 2011, the company did not do as well. It realized a net profit of just 4%.
The owners paid themselves a bonus as well. 20% of their annual salaries.
Because expenses for new equipment were to rise for FY2012, the company offered only the standard increase for the best workers. Others received no increase. The 5 owners continue to draw their salaries in which they paid themselves cost of living increases.
No bonus for FY 2011 because the company under performed.
Do you see anything unjust in this scenario?
Whether you accept this or not, the above is the way a vast majority of businesses operate.

Your first word calling the statement that wealth is not a 0 sum game is inaccurate.

NOthing to do with my point. Please get off the Limbaugh cliches. This is not a case of an expanding pie, and hasn't been an expanding pie in some time. The pie is shrinking, and the rich are demanding ever larger slices.

The fact is, if you are dividing the pie, we were far better off as a country when working schlubs got a more even share of the pie, because they turned around and spent on consumber goods, employing other working schlubs.

"If my workers can't afford my products, I don't have a business" - Henry Ford.

If the pie is not getting bigger how do you explain the fact that GDP is increasing?
He can't....Expect a response loaded with spin.

Why should one work hard and build a resume and profit off of it while another does nothing???

Cafe Hayek suggested the other day that the various welfare entitlements could be ended if each person who received the payments was assigned or matched with the actual person who earned the money that was the source of the payment.

With this level of honesty welfare would be ended and America would again become a very productive nation with everyone making a contribution rather than most becoming liberal leeches.

Forum List

Back