Republicans won’t be satisfied with overturning Roe

‘Lawrence v. Texas, a 2003 decision decriminalizing same-sex sodomy; Obergefell v. Hodges, a 2015 decision legalizing same-sex marriage; Griswold v. Connecticut, a 1965 decision that legalized contraceptive use; and Loving v. Virginia, the 1967 decision legalizing interracial marriage.

More ominously, in a passage emphasizing judicial restraint, Justice Alito underscored that “respect for a legislature’s judgment applies even when the laws at issue concern matters of great social significance and moral substance.” It doesn’t take a clairvoyant to get the gist of this. What issues, beyond abortion, are leavened with “great social significance and moral substance”? Marriage, contraception, and the panoply of “heart and home” rights that scaffold our intimate lives.

Like the abortion right, these rights are implied from the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of liberty and the notion of constitutional privacy. And like abortion, they will come under fire as conservatives cast about for their next constitutional crusade.’ ibid

Exactly.
That's still no one making that claim. That's you fear-mongering. You know, like you always do.

OP is correct.

I recently had to leave my job as a teacher in Florida because I couldn’t teach my children about my own gender or use of pronouns.

Desantis is ruining that state.

Thankfully I moved to NY where it’s much more inclusive
So you can groom children to become gender benders?
You are either a male or a female. That's what you teach children.

Contraception is PRIVATE, and no forms of it are anything resembling abortion. Abortion Cannot be questioned by anyone.

You are either a male or a female. That's what you teach children.
That’s a lie

There are many different genders and I could go on and on for days talking about them.

Unfortunately there are right wing extremists living in LaLa Land and trying to convince children that there are only 2.

“Republican senators are giving us a glimpse of the culture war clashes to come. There are already warning signs — including the Texas directive that prohibits parents from legally providing gender-affirming treatment and therapies to their children, as well as various state officials’ questioning whether the Constitution sanctions contraceptive use. Indeed, some Republican senators have gestured toward these future conflicts. In his questions to Jackson, Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) repeatedly sought her views of Obergefell v. Hodges, the court’s 2015 decision legalizing same-sex marriage, pressing her as to whether the decision was properly decided. Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) took her turn at the microphone to criticize Griswold v. Connecticut, the 1965 case that legalized contraception use. It’s not a stretch to imagine this revisionism extending to Loving v. Virginia, the ruling that legalized interracial marriage. A Republican senator recently said he was open to overturning that ruling. He later walked back his comments.

All this underscores that abortion was never the conservatives’ endgame. It is merely a way station on the path to rolling back a wide range of rights — the rights that scaffold the most intimate aspects of our lives and protect the liberty and equality of marginalized groups.”

Republicans’ assault on citizens’ rights and protected liberties has just begun.
democrats won't be happy with 1 statue only removed.

That’s a lie

There are many different genders and I could go on and on for days talking about them.

Unfortunately there are right wing extremists living in LaLa Land and trying to convince children that there are only 2.
You either have a YY chromosome or you have a XY chromosome. Anything else is just pretending.

Last edited:
Oh yeah? I don't need to. I'm sure there are woke sites that make up shit.
You want to pretend? That's your God given right, but don't teach the children
with your slanted views. It will only confuse them.
Sorry to break it to you, but you’re in the minority
Most media sites and corporations would agree with me.

You know it, which is why you refuse to do a simple search.

You can pretend all you want, just quit with the indoctrinating of the children.
I'm glad that you had to leave Florida, it shows that not all states have gone woke
with this bullshit.

I followed a distinctive cloud of butt hurt to this thread.

So, what's up?

Anything news?

55e589be-5c55-4918-8a54-8b56f20ffbf9_1.256fa43d402a3787cde32ec190672f0e.jpeg

‘Lawrence v. Texas, a 2003 decision decriminalizing same-sex sodomy; Obergefell v. Hodges, a 2015 decision legalizing same-sex marriage; Griswold v. Connecticut, a 1965 decision that legalized contraceptive use; and Loving v. Virginia, the 1967 decision legalizing interracial marriage.
Obviously the citizens in those states wanted those laws to exist. They voted in the legislators who passed the bills which became law to make those acts illegal. Don't you want a moral America?

Forum List

Back