Responsible gun owner - dead 4yo

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Police release report, 911 calls in 4-year-old's shooting - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

A 4-year-old boy was taken to Medical University Hospital Monday evening after he shot himself in the head. Two days later, police released 911 calls and a police report on the shooting.

A police report shows the boy was found unresponsive on the ground outside his grandparents' home. He'd been shot with a Taurus .25-caliber handgun, the report states.

Police said the gun was on the dining room table and the boy was lying on the floor in the dining room when they arrived.

Summerville police say it appears the boy found the weapon and shot himself.

The boy lives in North Charleston and was visiting his grandparents at the time of the shooting, said Capt. Jon Rogers with Summerville Police.

The police report says the boy's grandmother had been putting away groceries when she heard a loud bang.

"I don't know where he got a gun from," she told dispatchers. "This boy is four. His eyes are shut. I don't know if he's alive or what."

Yet another horrendous tragedy that could have easily been avoided if the ADULT had secured the gun. The grand parents often baby sat but the grand mother didn't even know where the gun was when the child was there.

I cannot imagine living with myself if my own stupidity had killed my grand child.

No charges filed.

This is one of the comments -

"But I left him in the car for less than a minute while I was dropping a letter in the mailbox!" "Sorry Ma'am, but that's reckless endangerment because every one of your fellow citizens is capable of kidnap and murder."
versus:
"I left him alone for less than a minute while I was putting away groceries, and there was a 'BANG'!" "Yes, I agree ma'am. It's a complete mystery how the little fellow found the gun, and why he would want to play with it. Just one of those things I guess."

Maybe if idiots were held responsible, they just might behave that way.

Ludd apparently has no problem with "responsible" drivers who drive drunk.

Or "responsible" drivers who apply makeup while they are driving.

Or "responsible" drivers who text message while they are driving.

Or "responsible" mothers who leave knives on the kitchen counter.

The scariest scenario is that somebody like Ludd is capable of owning a firearm (unless he is a convicted felon, of course).

The scariest scenario is that somebody like Ludd is capable of owning a firearm (unless he is a convicted felon, of course).

Being in favor of gun safety means being opposed to car and knife safety? I'll have to reread Luddy's post, because I somehow missed that.....

Only a liberal nut job like Luddley would call these people "responsible gun owners".

Like calling Ted Bundy "careful with knives", or calling Putin a "peace keeper".

exactly. luddly lies about those who support second amendment rights and safety. not a single person who supports second amendment rights does not believe in safety.

all he has are lies about people's position in order to promote his twisted anti gun nutter agenda....which oddly....he claims to not be anti gun, despite constantly posting only anti gun threads.

Only a liberal nut job like Luddley would call these people "responsible gun owners".

Like calling Ted Bundy "careful with knives", or calling Putin a "peace keeper".
Obviously, the gun owner was not a responsible gun owner, but logic doesn't stop liberals from manipulating the language.

The fact that Dudley thinks this type of carelessness is what qualifies as "responsible" doesn't surprise me in the least given his consistent ignorant and idiotic views on a whole slew of subjects.

Being in favor of gun safety means being opposed to car and knife safety? I'll have to reread Luddy's post, because I somehow missed that.....

Of course the literary use of parallels would be a device unknown to the limited liberal mind.

Police release report, 911 calls in 4-year-old's shooting - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

A 4-year-old boy was taken to Medical University Hospital Monday evening after he shot himself in the head. Two days later, police released 911 calls and a police report on the shooting.

A police report shows the boy was found unresponsive on the ground outside his grandparents' home. He'd been shot with a Taurus .25-caliber handgun, the report states.

Police said the gun was on the dining room table and the boy was lying on the floor in the dining room when they arrived.

The boy lives in North Charleston and was visiting his grandparents at the time of the shooting, said Capt. Jon Rogers with Summerville Police.

The police report says the boy's grandmother had been putting away groceries when she heard a loud bang.

"I don't know where he got a gun from," she told dispatchers. "This boy is four. His eyes are shut. I don't know if he's alive or what."

Yet another horrendous tragedy that could have easily been avoided if the ADULT had secured the gun. The grand parents often baby sat but the grand mother didn't even know where the gun was when the child was there.

I cannot imagine living with myself if my own stupidity had killed my grand child.

Tragic -- my heart goes out to the parents.

I hope these people are arrested and charged with child endangerment.

Ever stop and think what damage your attitudes and beliefs help cause?

We hear this mantra over and over again: responsible gun owner. But it does seem like most gun owners in America cannot be described as such. Every time something like this happens, rather than admitting gun owners are not responsible, they just seem to take the position that these deaths are 'collateral' type damage, with the attitude, so what, no big deal. These 'accidents,' mass shootings, etc., all fall within that category for pro-gun people. They turn a blind eye the constant repetition of tragedy that occurs because of private gun ownership in the US.

Forum List

Back