Responsible gun owner - dead 4yo

Police release report, 911 calls in 4-year-old's shooting - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

A 4-year-old boy was taken to Medical University Hospital Monday evening after he shot himself in the head. Two days later, police released 911 calls and a police report on the shooting.

A police report shows the boy was found unresponsive on the ground outside his grandparents' home. He'd been shot with a Taurus .25-caliber handgun, the report states.

Police said the gun was on the dining room table and the boy was lying on the floor in the dining room when they arrived.

Summerville police say it appears the boy found the weapon and shot himself.

The boy lives in North Charleston and was visiting his grandparents at the time of the shooting, said Capt. Jon Rogers with Summerville Police.

The police report says the boy's grandmother had been putting away groceries when she heard a loud bang.

"I don't know where he got a gun from," she told dispatchers. "This boy is four. His eyes are shut. I don't know if he's alive or what."

Yet another horrendous tragedy that could have easily been avoided if the ADULT had secured the gun. The grand parents often baby sat but the grand mother didn't even know where the gun was when the child was there.

I cannot imagine living with myself if my own stupidity had killed my grand child.

We hear this mantra over and over again: responsible gun owner. But it does seem like most gun owners in America cannot be described as such. Every time something like this happens, rather than admitting gun owners are not responsible, they just seem to take the position that these deaths are 'collateral' type damage, with the attitude, so what, no big deal. These 'accidents,' mass shootings, etc., all fall within that category for pro-gun people. They turn a blind eye the constant repetition of tragedy that occurs because of private gun ownership in the US.

and yet anti gun nutters like yourself are silent an alcohol, auto deaths etc....

you want to blame the pro second amendment crowd and lie that all gun owners are not responsible. they aren't. those that aren't are maybe 1% of gun owners but you bed wetters want to make it out as if every gun owner is a wackjob looking to kill someone.

why do you and luddly hate the constitution?

Ludd apparently has no problem with "responsible" drivers who drive drunk.

Or "responsible" drivers who apply makeup while they are driving.

Or "responsible" drivers who text message while they are driving.

Or "responsible" mothers who leave knives on the kitchen counter.

The scariest scenario is that somebody like Ludd is capable of owning a firearm (unless he is a convicted felon, of course).

You wanna compare guns to cars?

Okay, let's do that:

10155896_744578182230716_2127971220_n_zpsc4051d7b.jpg

Police release report, 911 calls in 4-year-old's shooting - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

A 4-year-old boy was taken to Medical University Hospital Monday evening after he shot himself in the head. Two days later, police released 911 calls and a police report on the shooting.

A police report shows the boy was found unresponsive on the ground outside his grandparents' home. He'd been shot with a Taurus .25-caliber handgun, the report states.

Police said the gun was on the dining room table and the boy was lying on the floor in the dining room when they arrived.

Summerville police say it appears the boy found the weapon and shot himself.

The boy lives in North Charleston and was visiting his grandparents at the time of the shooting, said Capt. Jon Rogers with Summerville Police.

The police report says the boy's grandmother had been putting away groceries when she heard a loud bang.

"I don't know where he got a gun from," she told dispatchers. "This boy is four. His eyes are shut. I don't know if he's alive or what."

Yet another horrendous tragedy that could have easily been avoided if the ADULT had secured the gun. The grand parents often baby sat but the grand mother didn't even know where the gun was when the child was there.

I cannot imagine living with myself if my own stupidity had killed my grand child.

We hear this mantra over and over again: responsible gun owner. But it does seem like most gun owners in America cannot be described as such. Every time something like this happens, rather than admitting gun owners are not responsible, they just seem to take the position that these deaths are 'collateral' type damage, with the attitude, so what, no big deal. These 'accidents,' mass shootings, etc., all fall within that category for pro-gun people. They turn a blind eye the constant repetition of tragedy that occurs because of private gun ownership in the US.

Over 300 million firearms in private hands, less than a 1000 accidental shooting deaths a year. you do the math dumb ass.

what amendment in the constitution do cars fall under luddly liar?

you can make death comparisons to show how insecure you about deaths. doesn't mean gun and cars are equal you mentally incompetent anti gun nutter.

Over 300 million firearms in private hands, less than a 1000 accidental shooting deaths a year. you do the math dumb ass.

One thousand unnecessary deaths. Completely unnecessary. BTW, people who need to use name calling have already lost the argument.

One thousand unnecessary deaths. Completely unnecessary. BTW, people who need to use name calling have already lost the argument.

accident happens without guns....are those necessary?

you can make death comparisons to show how insecure you about deaths. doesn't mean gun and cars are equal you mentally incompetent anti gun nutter.

Tell it to the nutters (see above) who say they're the same.

They're not but as long as stupid people make the comparison, I'm more than happy to oblige them.

If you can't keep up, shut up.

They're not but as long as stupid people make the comparison, I'm more than happy to oblige them.

cite where they said they are the same...

you simply lack the cognitive function to understand what an analogy and comparison is. a comparison necessarily means it is NOT the same. same with analogy.

you can't understand basic words, stfu.

and yet anti gun nutters like yourself are silent an alcohol, auto deaths etc....

you want to blame the pro second amendment crowd and lie that all gun owners are not responsible. they aren't. those that aren't are maybe 1% of gun owners but you bed wetters want to make it out as if every gun owner is a wackjob looking to kill someone.

Instead of constantly trying to defelct, why don't you start a thread on alcohol/car related deaths.

This thread concerns the deaths caused by stupidity and carelessness.

Stop trying to change the subject to cars and/or alcohol and face up to the subject of THIS thread.

It wasn't Luddly that made the comparison

The scariest scenario is that somebody like Ludd is capable of owning a firearm (unless he is a convicted felon, of course).
You lot need to co-ordinate your talking points better.

You all keep coming up with the same pointless fallacious argument over and over again. You cannot compare the necessary equipage of life to guns. Cars, bathtubs, step ladders, etc. are not the same as guns. Any argument assuming just any kind of household or automobile accident is the same as a gun accident is fallacious because the comparison is not logical.

Come up with something else.

you simply lack the cognitive function to understand what an analogy and comparison is. a comparison necessarily means it is NOT the same. same with analogy.

Here's one example of a brain dead nutter comparing guns to cars and booze.

Responsible gun owner - dead 4yo - Page 2 - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Only a liberal nut job like Luddley would call these people "responsible gun owners".

Like calling Ted Bundy "careful with knives", or calling Putin a "peace keeper".

And Luddly thinks it is Not Child Abuse to send kids to public schools which brain wash all individuality out of them.

Only a liberal nut job like Luddley would call these people "responsible gun owners".

Like calling Ted Bundy "careful with knives", or calling Putin a "peace keeper".

And Luddly thinks it is Not Child Abuse to send kids to public schools which brain wash all individuality out of them.

Do you mean the 'individuality' to parrot the talking points of big business interests under the guise of concern for the constitution, freedom and....America?

Dupe.

Here's one example of a brain dead nutter comparing guns to cars and booze.

Responsible gun owner - dead 4yo - Page 2 - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

you can't read or understand basically english. i said why don't you care about those deaths...i never compared them liar.

and again, comparison does not mean equal or the same. learn basic english.

You all keep coming up with the same pointless fallacious argument over and over again. You cannot compare the necessary equipage of life to guns. Cars, bathtubs, step ladders, etc. are not the same as guns. Any argument assuming just any kind of household or automobile accident is the same as a gun accident is fallacious because the comparison is not logical.

nope, they are all accidents and all cause death. i can't believe you're illogical enough to say the deaths are different because one was by a gun and one was by a car. i doubt their loved ones really care, death is death you hyperbolic anti gun nutter.

you guys don't give a rat's ass about the deaths unless they further your twisted political agenda. further, cars etc...are not protected by the constitution. you keep thinking guns are not, but they are. deal with it.

It wasn't Luddly that made the comparison

You lot need to co-ordinate your talking points better.

learn to read. i was using the plural "you" (1st you) to refer to other posters, not luddly.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Instead of constantly trying to defelct, why don't you start a thread on alcohol/car related deaths.

This thread concerns the deaths caused by stupidity and carelessness.

Stop trying to change the subject to cars and/or alcohol and face up to the subject of THIS thread.

nice try. accidents and death are part of this thread. don't like it, stop making anti gun threads you nutter.

nope, they are all accidents and all cause death. i can't believe you're illogical enough to say the deaths are different because one was by a gun and one was by a car. i doubt their loved ones really care, death is death you hyperbolic anti gun nutter.

you guys don't give a rat's ass about the deaths unless they further your twisted political agenda. further, cars etc...are not protected by the constitution. you keep thinking guns are not, but they are. deal with it.

You don't understand the lack of logic I am pointing out. My premise isn't that all deaths are not equal: all death is equal -- death is death. My point was that not all accidents are equal. An accident in one's bathroom that causes death is not the same as an accident with a gun. Bathrooms are a necessary part of life; guns are not. To compare gun accidents with accidents in the course of necessary daily activities is irrational. They do not compare. This is something you seem to be unable to understand.

Not liking guns is not a political agenda, btw. It is what one believes in. Has nothing to do with poltics. So, saying that being concerned with gun deaths is only about politics is very much another logical fallacy.

Last edited:

You don't understand the lack of logic I am pointing out. My premise is that dying is not equal: all death is equal. Yes, death is death. My point was that not all accidents are equal. An accident in one's bathroom that causes death is not the same as an accident with a gun. Bathrooms are a necessary part of life; guns are not. To compare gun accidents with accidents in the course of necessary daily activities is irrational. They do not compare. This is something you seem to be unable to understand.

Not liking guns is not a political agenda, btw. It is what one believes in. Has nothing to do with poltics. So, saying that being concerned with gun deaths is only about politics is very much another logical fallacy.

are you saying that we should all stop doing anything that is unnecessary if it accidentally causes death?

of course it is political, the constitution is involved. you don't know what a logical fallacy is.

Forum List

Back