Rest in Peace Muhammad Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.
America is on its way to being post-American. A collection of warring ethnic tribes dedicated to wiping one another out.

In an odd turn, it will bring us back to the way it was before white men made it a great nation. We will again be at constant war.
I don't think so, I think we are seeing a resurgence of racist attitude that can be smacked down just like it has many times before. Racists are like cockroaches, been around since the beginning of time and resistant to most bug sprays. But they can be controlled.
. If your seeing a resurgence, then what do you think is causing that resurgence ? Do tell my little liberal poster child person.

How many of those guys had four prime years taken away because they stood up for their political principles?
Some poor schmuck in the ghetto had to take Clay's place because he changed his name as an excuse for refusing to go to Vietnam. He's lucky he only lost four years, the poor sap who took Ali's place probably died.

Nevertheless, RIP. Both of them.
. It wasn't just ghetto warriors that were drafted was it ? And as I recall they sure weren't all dark skinned or black right ? He was definitely known as a draft dodger, but he paid for that with his boxing career that sadly destroyed his life anyway. Cruel unforgivable world we all live in, but the reward is the forgiveness for our sins. Amen.
Looking back, it was interesting how, out of all the great athletes of the era, only Ali managed to get drafted
The others either got deferments or a cushy National Guard gig where they only did weekends
. Like some have said here, it probably was for moral purposes for the troops just like Elvis was during world war two or Prince William during Afghanistan. Wasn't that the conflict Prince William was a part of ? I don't believe it was for reasons of trying to get rid of him (Ali) or anything like that.
Elvis WW2?......i dont think so.....
. Yep Elvis in wait wasn't it world war two y'all ?

1) Michael Loewe (Born 1969, Welterweight) never fought Ali.

2) Ricardo Lopez (Born 1966, Light flyweight, Minimumweight) never fought Ali.

3) Terry Marsh (Born 1958, Light Welterweight) never fought Ali.

4) Harry Simon (Born 1971, Middleweight, Super middleweight, Light heavyweight, Light middleweight) never fought Ali.

5) Dimitry Pirog (Born 1980, Middleweight) never fought Ali.

6) Edwin Valero (Born 1981, Lightweight, Super featherweight) never fought Ali.

Because ALL of them were A) Born before, at, near or after the peak of Ali's boxing career, and B) never fought a heavyweight bout in their careers.

Sit down liar. You've been TKO'd.
Looks more like you just TKO's yourself (AGAIN). So what if they didn't fight Ali ? Like he is supposed to be some standard that everyone might be gauged by ? How absurd.

He was a good boxer who was champ for awhile, but he got beat by a variety of different fighters. One of them (Leon Spinks), a low ranked almost unknown boxer, took the title from Ali, when Spinks was a rookie fighter with only 7 fights under his belt.

As for fighting a heavyweight, Rocky Marciano was a heavyweight (you obviously don't know what you're talking about), and what does it matter ? Clay called himself the greatest, not just the greatest heavyweight. He was nowhere near the greatest. Every one of the undefeated fighters I listed, were the greatest, and they EARNED that distinction by going undefeated, not by running their mouths, and calling themselves the greatest.
Marciano weighed like 188 lbs.....Ali had 30-40 pounds on him.....i dont think he would have beat him....in Ali's day Rocky would have been a Light Heavy if that.....
Ali would have destroyed Marciano

Rockys style would have played right into Ali's strength
. Ali better be glad he didn't have to fight the likes of Mike Tyson... wow.

My hero died today.... a black man proud, responsible, loyal to his race, his people, to us. I often remind people that my generation without pay-per-view, wittnessed the best boxing in world history for free....LOL...and it Ali that gave us all that. I wish he hadn't got so ill, the lessons, the inspirational words he could give to a generation of sorry nigga's today, if only he could speak.

Condolences to all in the Ali family. Sad ti see a guy pass away at only 74. Nowadays that is a young age for someone to die. Look a Bernie Sanders. He's 74 and he's a bundle of energy. Same with Ringo Starr and Mick Jagger, who tour the world and dance all over stages.

Something does need to be said about this "greatest" title we keep seeing and hearing so much, though. Muhammad Ali (AKA Cassius Clay) was perhaps "the greatest" at showmanship and self-promotion. As a boxer, he was a very good one, but he was far from being the greatest at that.

He lost a few fights, and there are other boxers (Rocky Marciano, Floyd Mayweather, Joe Calzaghe, Ricardo Lopez, Sven Ottke, Edwin Valero, and others) who fought dozens of fights, and still went UNDEFEATED. Valero won all 27 of his fights, all of them by knockouts. Not fair to these guys to call Ali "the greatest".

List of undefeated boxing world champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many of those guys had four prime years taken away because they stood up for their political principles?

Is dodging the draft now considered a political principle?
Ali did not dodge the draft, he met it head on. While conservatives were sending their sons to Canada or getting them college deferments, Muhammad Ali just refused to step across that line at the inception station. That was a powerful moment that stands as one of the most spectacular in Black History.

Here was a real man who was courageous enough to let the the White world know he was a Black man who demanded to be in control of his fate and not just a shill for corporate America. With Jim Crow and a plethora of other racial atrocities as the backdrop of his refusal to be drafted, Ali's decision became even more important during the era of MLK. Frankly it would have been interesting to see other Black draftees follow the advise of MLK and do what Ali did.

Thousands of Black men died in Vietnam as in all of our wars; even as their loved ones, left behind, still had to struggle with their real enemy: RW conservatism/racism. Ali knew that and was brave enough and smart enough to bring it out to be recorded by the unblinking eye of the news cameras for the entire world to see. He was willing to make that ultimate sacrifice and gained more respect in that moment than all the Blacks who acquiesced and went with the flow; earning nothing but more contempt by many Whites who hated them anyway…and hated obsequious Blacks even more.
. You know if it was so bad for the blacks in the 60's 70's, and onward, then I'll ask this now - Why didn't the blacks who hated white America so bad, return to their homeland Africa ? With what the government was doing for blacks in those years & beyond, I think that if the blacks would have asked the government here, and at anytime they wished, the federal government would have provided them a way to be repatriated to their homeland. In fact the government might have even went as far as helping them to liberate their homeland, and even to make war with those who might oppose them going back there.

Back to where?
. Their homeland they talk about so much, and that is why they put African in front of American right ? Some of the blacks the way they talk here, you have to wonder why they aren't trying as hard as they can to go back to the place they claim is their real home and place of their culture.

Ali did not dodge the draft, he met it head on. While conservatives were sending their sons to Canada or getting them college deferments, Muhammad Ali just refused to step across that line at the inception station. That was a powerful moment that stands as one of the most spectacular in Black History.

Here was a real man who was courageous enough to let the the White world know he was a Black man who demanded to be in control of his fate and not just a shill for corporate America. With Jim Crow and a plethora of other racial atrocities as the backdrop of his refusal to be drafted, Ali's decision became even more important during the era of MLK. Frankly it would have been interesting to see other Black draftees follow the advise of MLK and do what Ali did.

Thousands of Black men died in Vietnam as in all of our wars; even as their loved ones, left behind, still had to struggle with their real enemy: RW conservatism/racism. Ali knew that and was brave enough and smart enough to bring it out to be recorded by the unblinking eye of the news cameras for the entire world to see. He was willing to make that ultimate sacrifice and gained more respect in that moment than all the Blacks who acquiesced and went with the flow; earning nothing but more contempt by many Whites who hated them anyway…and hated obsequious Blacks even more.
. You know if it was so bad for the blacks in the 60's 70's, and onward, then I'll ask this now - Why didn't the blacks who hated white America so bad, return to their homeland Africa ? With what the government was doing for blacks in those years & beyond, I think that if the blacks would have asked the government here, and at anytime they wished, the federal government would have provided them a way to be repatriated to their homeland. In fact the government might have even went as far as helping them to liberate their homeland, and even to make war with those who might oppose them going back there.

Back to where?
. Their homeland they talk about so much, and that is why they put African in front of American right ? Some of the blacks the way they talk here, you have to wonder why they aren't trying as hard as they can to go back to the place they claim is their real home and place of their culture.

What country? Africa is a continent, genius.

1) Michael Loewe (Born 1969, Welterweight) never fought Ali.

2) Ricardo Lopez (Born 1966, Light flyweight, Minimumweight) never fought Ali.

3) Terry Marsh (Born 1958, Light Welterweight) never fought Ali.

4) Harry Simon (Born 1971, Middleweight, Super middleweight, Light heavyweight, Light middleweight) never fought Ali.

5) Dimitry Pirog (Born 1980, Middleweight) never fought Ali.

6) Edwin Valero (Born 1981, Lightweight, Super featherweight) never fought Ali.

Because ALL of them were A) Born before, at, near or after the peak of Ali's boxing career, and B) never fought a heavyweight bout in their careers.

Sit down liar. You've been TKO'd.
Looks more like you just TKO's yourself (AGAIN). So what if they didn't fight Ali ? Like he is supposed to be some standard that everyone might be gauged by ? How absurd.

He was a good boxer who was champ for awhile, but he got beat by a variety of different fighters. One of them (Leon Spinks), a low ranked almost unknown boxer, took the title from Ali, when Spinks was a rookie fighter with only 7 fights under his belt.

As for fighting a heavyweight, Rocky Marciano was a heavyweight (you obviously don't know what you're talking about), and what does it matter ? Clay called himself the greatest, not just the greatest heavyweight. He was nowhere near the greatest. Every one of the undefeated fighters I listed, were the greatest, and they EARNED that distinction by going undefeated, not by running their mouths, and calling themselves the greatest.
Marciano weighed like 188 lbs.....Ali had 30-40 pounds on him.....i dont think he would have beat him....in Ali's day Rocky would have been a Light Heavy if that.....
Ali would have destroyed Marciano

Rockys style would have played right into Ali's strength
. Ali better be glad he didn't have to fight the likes of Mike Tyson... wow.

Mike Tyson was a chump. None of the fighters he fought were of the caliber of Liston and Foreman. And either of them would have whooped Tyson's ass. Ali dominated Boxing during its golden age, and in his prime he was unbeatable, beating some of the greatest boxers of his era. He beat them all. Let's make that clear, my friend.

Last edited:
Some poor schmuck in the ghetto had to take Clay's place because he changed his name as an excuse for refusing to go to Vietnam. He's lucky he only lost four years, the poor sap who took Ali's place probably died.

Nevertheless, RIP. Both of them.
. It wasn't just ghetto warriors that were drafted was it ? And as I recall they sure weren't all dark skinned or black right ? He was definitely known as a draft dodger, but he paid for that with his boxing career that sadly destroyed his life anyway. Cruel unforgivable world we all live in, but the reward is the forgiveness for our sins. Amen.
Looking back, it was interesting how, out of all the great athletes of the era, only Ali managed to get drafted
The others either got deferments or a cushy National Guard gig where they only did weekends
. Like some have said here, it probably was for moral purposes for the troops just like Elvis was during world war two or Prince William during Afghanistan. Wasn't that the conflict Prince William was a part of ? I don't believe it was for reasons of trying to get rid of him (Ali) or anything like that.
Elvis WW2?......i dont think so.....
. Yep Elvis in wait wasn't it world war two y'all ?
elvis was like 8 years old at that time.....geezus....

I was wondering with the group people on this forum, how many pages it would take to bring up Ali as a Muslim draft dodger...less than 5. That's actually slower than I thought it would take.

Ali could have chosen another career and had been just as successful. The guy was talented.

He could have been a huge asset to the troop morale in war time, but really he made up for it in the end, as everyone loved him and his contributions he made afterwards. He paid his dues in the end. RIP.

Bob Hope was a big asset to troop morale

He would have been more effective if he had come out against the war
. Now your talking dumb. Bob hope was flat outright the best when it came to troop morale. Denounce the war & undermine the troops in action ? A typical weak knees liberal move, but not the move of true American patriots who were fighting for those in the world who wanted what America has "Freedom".

Bob Hope coming out against the war would have ended it two years earlier

Sometimes supporting the troops is not making them laugh but looking out for their well being
. Winning that war should have been the order of the day, and us not bowing down to freaks & hippies who didn't know their butt from a hole in the ground is where it all went wrong & where we went wrong. It's been a shame and a sham ever since. It opened up Pandora's box, and it all but erased our victories in Europe and in the Pacific theater.

The "freaks and hippies" we're proven correct about Vietnam

It was the war Hawks who wrapped themselves in the American flag who sent 60,000 boys to their deaths

Ali could have chosen another career and had been just as successful. The guy was talented.

He could have been a huge asset to the troop morale in war time, but really he made up for it in the end, as everyone loved him and his contributions he made afterwards. He paid his dues in the end. RIP.

. Now your talking dumb. Bob hope was flat outright the best when it came to troop morale. Denounce the war & undermine the troops in action ? A typical weak knees liberal move, but not the move of true American patriots who were fighting for those in the world who wanted what America has "Freedom".

Sometimes supporting the troops is not making them laugh but looking out for their well being
. Oh so Bob Hope caused the war to go on for two more years eh ? Stop, your making me laugh out loud now.

Bob Hope was an American icon. If he came out against the war it would have turned the tide against the war
But instead, Hope sided with the "patriotic" war Hawks who extended a fruitless war

. Winning that war should have been the order of the day, and us not bowing down to freaks & hippies who didn't know their butt from a hole in the ground is where it all went wrong & where we went wrong. It's been a shame and a sham ever since. It opened up Pandora's box, and it all but erased our victories in Europe and in the Pacific theater.

It was the war Hawks who wrapped themselves in the American flag who sent 60,000 boys to their deaths
War hawks like Kennedy and Johnson?

Condolences to all in the Ali family. Sad ti see a guy pass away at only 74. Nowadays that is a young age for someone to die. Look a Bernie Sanders. He's 74 and he's a bundle of energy. Same with Ringo Starr and Mick Jagger, who tour the world and dance all over stages.

Something does need to be said about this "greatest" title we keep seeing and hearing so much, though. Muhammad Ali (AKA Cassius Clay) was perhaps "the greatest" at showmanship and self-promotion. As a boxer, he was a very good one, but he was far from being the greatest at that.

He lost a few fights, and there are other boxers (Rocky Marciano, Floyd Mayweather, Joe Calzaghe, Ricardo Lopez, Sven Ottke, Edwin Valero, and others) who fought dozens of fights, and still went UNDEFEATED. Valero won all 27 of his fights, all of them by knockouts. Not fair to these guys to call Ali "the greatest".

The idea of repatriation to Africa was considered but not with any consent from Blacks who really had no real leadership at that time. There was even an experimental model that briefly ensued under the auspices of the American Colonization Society in 1816 formed in Jew Jersey by Robert Finley to send free Blacks back to Africa and thus nullify any influence their freedom might have had on slaves. Present day Liberia was the destination and those Blacks mimicked their American counterparts and ruled over the natives with an iron hand until their version of " the storming of the Bastille" occurred!

Kennedy refused to send ground troops and it cost him his life. If LBJ and Nixon were still here I would want them tried for war crimes. They`re gone but there is another murdering piece of shit living in exile on a fake ranch in Texas. Do you want to know why 4,500 died looking for wmds? Me too.

Ali was very brave in refusing to step across that line and faced the consequences that cost him his title and millions of dollars

He could have taken the course of Joe Louis who joined up and fought exhibitions that raised millions for the war effort only to have the IRS haunt him till the day he died for back taxes

Ali was very brave in refusing to step across that line and faced the consequences that cost him his title and millions of dollars

He could have taken the course of Joe Louis who joined up and fought exhibitions that raised millions for the war effort only to have the IRS haunt him till the day he died for back taxes
Well said, well said!

And Nixon and the whole Conservative party

I had a former Green Beret who fought in the in the battle of Khe Sanh from January to July 1968, in what he thought was one of the bloodiest battles of the war, as my JROTC teacher in High School. We bonded and as such he opened up and told me some of his war stories. He also told me how disillusioned he was that our government was so passive that it wouldn't allow US forces to pursue Viet Cong into Laos and Cambodia. That from across the border the Viet Cong would launch Guerrilla style attacks on US forces then retreat back across the border. These attacks were devastating. He thought that this was one of the main reasons why we lost the war. The ROI was rigged against them.

60,000 of our boys needn't have died if our government had been interested in ending the war quickly.

I had a former Green Beret who fought in the in the battle of Khe Sanh from January to July 1968, in what he thought was one of the bloodiest battles of the war, as my JROTC teacher in High School. We bonded and as such he opened up and told me some of his war stories. He also told me how disillusioned he was that our government was so passive that it wouldn't allow US forces to pursue Viet Cong into Laos and Cambodia. That from across the border the Viet Cong would launch Guerrilla style attacks on US forces then retreat back across the border. These attacks were devastating. He thought that this was one of the main reasons why we lost the war. The ROI was rigged against them.

60,000 of our boys needn't have died if our government had been interested in ending the war quickly.

If we were never there at all, we would not have needed rules of engagement

Not our fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back