Rest in Peace Muhammad Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this thread shouldn't have been the place for political discussion. A legend just died and this thread was meant to revere his legacy, not revile him for what he believed in.

Yeah.......a racist hater....and all of a sudden that doesn't matter to you guys.....you truly are nuts...
Have a racist quote by him to share?

He was in the Nation of Islam, but hey, a lot of the Founding Fathers either owned slaves or supported the 3/5's compromise. We put stuff in context. That's how we make sense of people.

Folks forget just how bad the 1950's and 60's were for black people. Folks forget the very real fear a lot of black folks had they'd be outright lynched for no damn reason. In an environment like that joining the Nation of Islam makes a lot of sense.

As far as the draft dodging goes: Ali was right to do it. Vietnam was an unjust, poorly fought war that was waged almost entirely on the backs of the poor. We absolutely should not have been involved there and how we waged the war both in tactics and who actually fought is to this day deplorable. He was right to call out the Feds on the war.

There are good articles out there about how the statistics simply don't exist to objectively proof Ali was the greatest. But to anyone who met him later in life or saw him in his prime he will always be the best of them all and truly The Greatest.

It was apropos that he dodged the draft by claiming he was Muslim... again, cheating to win. I just never had any respect for the man and didn't like him as a person.

Of all the deaths that have happened in 2016, his saddens me the least.

He never should have been drafted in the first place. And he was right, no Vietcong ever called him ******. And why should he have gone to fight in a war that not only wasn't America's but on behalf of a country where vast tracts of the nation treated people of his colour as second-class citizens.
. You could say the same for the Tuskegee Airmen, but they fought world war two with pride for their nation or was it that they got to go kill white guys ? Hmmm, I'm learning here.

Oh, please. Look at who they fought and under the conditions. I've always had a soft spot for Marciano, and Floyd is possibly up there, but look at who Ali fought. A brutal Sonny Liston, a bully in George Foreman, a brawler like Frazier, an underrated Larry Holmes and I won't even get into very handy journeymen like Henry Cooper (who knocked Ali down) and Ken Norton. I won't even get into how they fought 15 rounds back in Ali's day and medical conditions were a lot less stringent. The rest on your 'list' are average to say the least. Ali was the greatest.
Actually medical conditions had improved during Clay's time which was 20 years after Marciano, and I'm not buying this tougher opponent line either. I haven't seen a shred of evidence to show that Clay's opponents were any tougher than the undefeated guys' opponents.

I pointed out already that Clay lost his title to a low ranked, rookie boxer (Leon Spinks) who had only 7 fights before he beat Clay. Norton was knocked by Gerry Cooney in less than 1 minute of the 1st round, and there were plenty of 15 round bouts in Mariciano's day. Nice try though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this thread shouldn't have been the place for political discussion. A legend just died and this thread was meant to revere his legacy, not revile him for what he believed in.
Clay was not a "legend". He was an anti-American Muslim, racist, who was a good boxer, and was champion in his division for some period of years (but so were a lot of other guys).

It was apropos that he dodged the draft by claiming he was Muslim... again, cheating to win. I just never had any respect for the man and didn't like him as a person.

Of all the deaths that have happened in 2016, his saddens me the least.

He never should have been drafted in the first place. And he was right, no Vietcong ever called him ******. And why should he have gone to fight in a war that not only wasn't America's but on behalf of a country where vast tracts of the nation treated people of his colour as second-class citizens.
. You could say the same for the Tuskegee Airmen, but they fought world war two with pride for their nation or was it that they got to go kill white guys ? Hmmm, I'm learning here.

You also forget the Nazis were gassing and sterilizing Black people too.

The Holocaust’s forgotten black victims – the ‘Rhineland Bastards’

Last edited:
You could say the same for the Tuskegee Airmen, but they fought world war two with pride for their nation or was it that they got to go kill white guys ? Hmmm, I'm learning here.

WWII was a justified war. Vietnam was not.
. Many might beg to differ, and it's just the way that we fought wars that changed. The circumstances for the troops remained the same "Win or Lose".

I don't think so, I think we are seeing a resurgence of racist attitude that can be smacked down just like it has many times before. Racists are like cockroaches, been around since the beginning of time and resistant to most bug sprays. But they can be controlled.
How about YOU ? Are YOU racist ? Do you support the biggest/worst racism in America ? >> Affrimative Action.

Many might beg to differ, and it's just the way that we fought wars that changed. The circumstances for the troops remained the same "Win or Lose".

They may beg to differ, but there is only one criterion to use: What threat did Vietnam pose to the US? Answer: None. As was proven when the US lost.

Ditto Iraq and Afghanistan.

Is Iraq?
Tell Obama to get the fuck out of there idiot

Are you serious ? Of course Iraq is justified. And American troops are there now fighting ISIS. And no war in all American history has ever been more justified than this. And America has never been more threatened than by ISIS now.

They may beg to differ, but there is only one criterion to use: What threat did Vietnam pose to the US? Answer: None. As was proven when the US lost.

Ditto Iraq and Afghanistan.
FALSE! Both Iraq and Afghanistan pose the greatest threats to America that have ever existed. You don't know what you're talking about .

You could say the same for the Tuskegee Airmen, but they fought world war two with pride for their nation or was it that they got to go kill white guys ? Hmmm, I'm learning here.

WWII was a justified war. Vietnam was not.

Is Iraq?
Tell Obama to get the fuck out of there idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
. That's just it, we're in it, so let's win it or get out quick.. problem is these days as always, is the another power may move in to then capitalize on the situation, restore order, and then blame America for the mess, therefore gaining yet another Allie against America in the world. How many potential friends do we want to lose in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back