🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Restaurant Bans Guns...But Not Armed Robbery

No, it is NOT a safe place to eat. Every customer in there is a target. Criminals do not pay attention to such signs, ya know.

Actually it is a safe place. If the robber knows he can walk out with cash and he doesn't have to shoot anyone and he won't get shot at, all of us live to fight another day. See how that works?

I visited a friend in Wyo some years ago and it was a smallish town full of cowboys who had their guns slung on their hip, rifles in the back window of their trucks. Going out to eat lunch at the local cafe, the place was full of people..most wearing guns. Didn't bother me in the least. What would bother me is going in to a restaurant or cafe or fast food late at night and there are signs all over the place saying NO GUNS!

Um. No. I'll pass.
When I go to chicken here there are usually three of four fat lawmen with guns there, and it still gets robbed. Their policy? Hand over the cash, do as the robber says, and duck. It works and I am unconcerned.

Well...I guess that is where we differ. Someone plans to rob me in or as I am coming out, they better make sure I am dead because I refuse to give up what little I have for some thug. Not without a fight.

Well...I guess that is where we differ. Someone plans to rob me in or as I am coming out, they better make sure I am dead because I refuse to give up what little I have for some thug. Not without a fight.
Then you value your money more than your life. Smart people, and smart corporations, make the opposite choice. They are much wiser than you in this case.

Yeah, I see how that works, Paint. I just don't agree with you.

So don't, but ask yourself why countless corporations say if you try to play the hero, your ass is grass? They aren't dumb so follow their lead.

And that is fine. I just refuse to patronize such businesses.

Oh, but you do, since that position is almost universal. The life of an employee is worth far more than a chunk of cash. And the bad press that follows, much, much worse

Lots of people don't like guns around them, and their kids especially. If more people in your area feel that way, business is good, if that is your policy. Businesses should try to make the customers happy right?

People like you describe are a lot like atheist's. They don't like guns, until the only person that has one is robbing them and may shoot them then they sure wish someone had a gun to come save them. Same with atheist's in a dire situation. They both reverse their beliefs in a big ass hurry when the chips are down.
You live in a Bruce Willis movie, we live the real world. Nuff said.

Your version of the world is people with guns come to rob or kill you and you lay down like a punk and hand over your belongings, or your life. But you're happy as long as nobody upset or confronted the thief.

No, it is NOT a safe place to eat. Every customer in there is a target. Criminals do not pay attention to such signs, ya know.

Of course it is safe. You think I constantly look over my shoulder when I eat out?

Would you if you lived in Detroit?

Look, if I cannot go eat out at a place in your country, I wouldn't go there. Why do Americans feel the need to protect themselves against the fellow Americans?

Of course it is safe. You think I constantly look over my shoulder when I eat out?

Look, if I cannot go eat out at a place in your country, I wouldn't go there. Why do Americans feel the need to protect themselves against the fellow Americans?
Because the country is populated by nutters with guns, why else?

Because crooks don't give a shit about fellow Americans, Noomi. They are now calling Detroit "Carjack City".
And it isn't just Detroit. There are criminals everywhere and they don't give a shit about anything. Fine. Some do care and they will make damn sure to protect themselves.

A couple of weeks ago, Jack in the Box restaurants asked customers to leave their legally carried guns at home. While it sounds like this was a request more than a ban, it looks like criminals might have been paying attention and realized Jack in the Box restaurants would be easy targets.

According to Click2Houston, four armed men wearing masks robbed a Jack in the Box restaurant in NW Houston, TX. The robbery took place in the middle of the day.

This is third time a Jack in the Box restaurant has been targeted by armed criminals since the burger chain made their request in regards to legally carried guns.

In the other two incidents, one of which was also in Houston, and one in Tennessee, people were actually shot.

The armed criminals in Houston robbed the restaurant and also robbed individuals of their personal belongings.

[Video] THIRD Armed Robbery at Jack in the Box After Restaurant Asks Customers to Leave Guns

Then you value your money more than your life. Smart people, and smart corporations, make the opposite choice. They are much wiser than you in this case.

I value what is mine. We just have to agree to disagree.

*shrug*

People like you describe are a lot like atheist's. They don't like guns, until the only person that has one is robbing them and may shoot them then they sure wish someone had a gun to come save them. Same with atheist's in a dire situation. They both reverse their beliefs in a big ass hurry when the chips are down.
You live in a Bruce Willis movie, we live the real world. Nuff said.

Your version of the world is people with guns come to rob or kill you and you lay down like a punk and hand over your belongings, or your life. But you're happy as long as nobody upset or confronted the thief.
My version is you don't pretend to be John Wayne for a bit of cash. It's the same tired and true advice that banks, and restaurants, and stores have used for hundreds of years. Money isn't worth dying for. At some point in life, you were supposed to have learned that, so why didn't you wannabe hero?

I value what is mine. We just have to agree to disagree.

*shrug*

Your money or your life, pick one?

If you are pro-life, the answer is obvious.

Because the country is populated by nutters with guns, why else?

I thought these were all law abiding citizens? Why should I be afraid?
Being afraid of Americans is maybe the first lesson we should teach the rest of the world. These people are loons, plain and simple.

And to your point, they are a law unto themselves, which is the problem in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Actually it is a safe place. If the robber knows he can walk out with cash and he doesn't have to shoot anyone and he won't get shot at, all of us live to fight another day. See how that works?

If you aren't going to fight that day what day are you waiting for?

Forum List

Back