Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog!

I live in the area where this incident took place.

The local news this morning said the restaurant owner has now apologized. .. :cool:

As well he should have. AND he should give our veteran a free meal or two.

I don't see the problem.

If the owner doesn't want dogs in his restaurant so what?

There are plenty of other restaurant owners who would love the business.

So you would turn away a seeing eye dog too.

I live in the area where this incident took place.

The local news this morning said the restaurant owner has now apologized. .. :cool:

fuck him and his fake apology....
True......for 2 days his name and place of business was all over the local news.

But he still claimed he was in the right.

I guess he saw the light when a state wide Veterans motorcycle club announced it was going to stage a mass rally saturday at his restaurant. .. :cool:

LMAO. "I love it when a plan comes together!"

How does a restaurant tell a "stress dog" from someone who just wants to bring their pet to breakfast?
The veteran carries the papers with him and even showed them to the restaurant owner.

But the idiot owner said they were fake and called 9/11

Then the veteran showed them to the police.

The police then presented them to the owner and said they were genuine.

The owner said that he didn't care and still kicked the vet and his dog out of the diner.

What a nitwit......... :cuckoo:

You have no idea how easy it is to get a dog designated as a "service" dog. It's as easy as asking a friendly doctor. Hells bells, the doc who gives out the medical marijuana cards at the pot clinic will do it for $50.00.

The use of service dogs is flat being abused. This guy is one of the abusers.

Service dogs are highly trained working dogs. Emotional support dogs require nothing more than someone to say they need the dog with them. I know several people who have emotional support dogs that are designated as service dogs who are nothing more than pets. Pets lack the rigorous training that real service dogs go through. The guy just doesn't want to leave his dog home. He wants to be accommodated.

The abuse of the term service dog is what leads to the doubt that any dog who is not in service to someone with an obvious disability. The whole post traumatic stress thing is half a crock anyway.

Paperwork from a medical provider is required. And special training is required for the dog. Here is one legit outfit that does the training:

DarnFar Ranch

And here is the section on therapy dogs:

Therapy Dog Illinois

These dogs serve a legitimate purpose. But, yes, there are people who fake it. A business owner can always ask for the name and contact information of the provider who ordered the dog for the patient.

fuck him and his fake apology....
True......for 2 days his name and place of business was all over the local news.

I guess he saw the light when a state wide Veterans motorcycle club announced it was going to stage a mass rally saturday at his restaurant. .. :cool:

He didn't see the light. He was intimidated. That's how we roll nowadays, if you want something you aren't entitled to, get a big group together to intimidate the business owner.

Your support for our veterans is overwhelming~! You should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited:
Service dogs are highly trained working dogs. Emotional support dogs require nothing more than someone to say they need the dog with them. I know several people who have emotional support dogs that are designated as service dogs who are nothing more than pets. Pets lack the rigorous training that real service dogs go through. The guy just doesn't want to leave his dog home. He wants to be accommodated.

The abuse of the term service dog is what leads to the doubt that any dog who is not in service to someone with an obvious disability. The whole post traumatic stress thing is half a crock anyway.

Paperwork from a medical provider is required. And special training is required for the dog. Here is one legit outfit that does the training:

DarnFar Ranch

Therapy Dog Illinois

These dogs serve a legitimate purpose. But, yes, there are people who fake it. A business owner can always ask for the name and contact information of the provider who ordered the dog for the patient.

Did you read your own link?

Therapy Dogs are those that have been trained to a high standard to visit with individuals who may not otherwise have the opportunity to benefit from the therapeutic effects of interacting with a dog. Therapy Dogs are typically handled by their owners and taken to locations such as nursing homes or hospitals to visit with patients. School reading programs also employ Therapy Dogs to encourage children who are reluctant to read the chance to read to a dog that will not judge or criticize the child’s performance. Therapy Dog handlers volunteer their time to enhance other people's lives. Although the two terms are sometimes mistakenly interchanged, a Service Dog is one which has been trained specifically for a person with a disability to help mitigate symptoms of the owner's disability. Therapy Dogs provide beneficial interactions for others.

He didn't see the light. He was intimidated. That's how we roll nowadays, if you want something you aren't entitled to, get a big group together to intimidate the business owner.

Your support for our veterans is overwhelming~!

I have no support for fakes.

Everyone understands a seeing eye dog. But these "stress relief dogs" ? Every dog owner can claim their dog relieves stress and many cause stress among other patrons.

If the vet has a legitimate need for his dog, let him carry some kind of a certification that the dog is a service dog and show it when you enter a place of business

Not without a medical provider's statement of necessity.

This happens all the time. People with dogs are told to leave, especially emotional support dogs. That excuse has been so overused and misused that no one takes it seriously anymore.

Fake service dogs provoke resentment, possible rule changes | www.palmbeachpost.com

True. The real thing requires a medical provider's signature on the paperwork. I know someone who wanted to travel with her dog and keep it with her on the plane. She told my friend who she was going to visit about her little 'plan' and the friend uninvited her. LOL

I know SEVERAL people who travel with their emotional support dogs with them on planes because they don't want the dog in the cargo hold. They all have "doctor" papers, which they duly paid for. The dogs are, in reality, just pets.

How does a restaurant tell a "stress dog" from someone who just wants to bring their pet to breakfast?

Well, those dogs should have a vest of some kind.

They actually have a special collar. But, unfortunately, a lot of people get those collars and try to pass their pet off as a service dog.

I have actually been kind of amazed at the abilities of these dogs. If they are not 'working', they will behave as a pet toward other people. But if they are 'working' they will ignore you if you try to engage them.

That is not true. They require special training. I have already posted a link to a legitimate trainer of therapy dogs. Some veterans can get agitated when they are around people or if an individual challenges them. The dog is trained to step in between the veteran and the person who is causing him a problem.

I don't know how you live carrying the burden of knowing everything.

Last edited:

Everyone understands a seeing eye dog. But these "stress relief dogs" ? Every dog owner can claim their dog relieves stress and many cause stress among other patrons.

If the vet has a legitimate need for his dog, let him carry some kind of a certification that the dog is a service dog and show it when you enter a place of business

Not without a medical provider's statement of necessity.

Easy enough to get. A doctor in India will write it out on-line and e-mail it to you.

Free My Paws - The Resource for Service Animal Owners Free My Paws The Resource for Service Animal

The deluxe kit is $199, it includes a vest, but the paperwork is only $49.00.

That is not true. They require special training. I have already posted a link to a legitimate trainer of therapy dogs. Some veterans can get agitated when they are around people or if an individual challenges them. The dog is trained to step in between the veteran and the person who is causing him a problem.

You just did not read your own link. You are misunderstanding the term "therapy" dog.

If a veteran gets agitated around other people, he should stay on his meds.

The veteran carries the papers with him and even showed them to the restaurant owner.

But the idiot owner said they were fake and called 9/11

Then the veteran showed them to the police.

The police then presented them to the owner and said they were genuine.

The owner said that he didn't care and still kicked the vet and his dog out of the diner.

What a nitwit......... :cuckoo:

You have no idea how easy it is to get a dog designated as a "service" dog. It's as easy as asking a friendly doctor. Hells bells, the doc who gives out the medical marijuana cards at the pot clinic will do it for $50.00.

The use of service dogs is flat being abused. This guy is one of the abusers.

Those dogs are VERY expensive. I have had some paid for by the insurance and others paid for by the patient. Either way, they are specially trained dogs.

And you can stop telling me I have 'no idea' about my own line of work. You are the one who is clueless. If you know a doctor who is dealing in cannabis or fake therapy dogs, it is incumbent up on you to report him, otherwise you are an accomplice. Perhaps you should be reported.

Last edited:
I don't see the problem.

If the owner doesn't want dogs in his restaurant so what?

There are plenty of other restaurant owners who would love the business.

So you would turn away a seeing eye dog too.

Seeing eye dogs are trained. Emotional support dogs are not.

DarnFar Ranch

Therapy Dog Illinois

^^^^^^^^^ That. Look it up.

Forum List

Back