Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

And you believe Republicans are going to solve this?
where did I ever say that?

and I don't know how many times I have to tell you before it sinks into your thick skull that I am not nor have I ever been a reublican

He has binary thinking disease, he can't get past Democrat or Republican thinking. What is sad is that is the thinking that got us into this mess.
No I get it. Especially when Republicans are in charge because then reality collides with their rhetoric. For example healthcare. Now we see us liberals were right. The GOP lied about the aca. Turns out things would be worse if not for it.

Maybe you idiots should have voted against Republicans in 2010 instead of giving them back control of the house and senate.

You rewarded bad behavior.

And last I checked we have two parties. If you aren't a democrat then you're a Republican. And you guys got us in this message. I don't blame the politicians anymore. I would favor the rich too. You don't need favoring. You vote for them even when they fuck you. Or almost as good you people reward them by not voting

With healthcare the Democrats are wrong, what we have is free premiums with people not being able to afford the deductible. See if you give people with no money health insurance and a $3500 deductible, it does them no good. So really the Democrat party was wrong. You have no proof that we were worse off, that is an opinion.

Also, it wasn't just Republicans that voted in 2010, so your blame game is also a flawed opinion.

We have more than two party's in fact there are several hundred. Just your way of not taking blame for a mess that all helped create. If you have voted either Republican or Democrat, you helped get us into this mess because you only hold the Republicans accountable.
2 options

$3500 deductible and survive cancer or don't have insurance so you can't afford the million dollar cure.

If you don't have the $3500 you are not getting any cure.

and I don't know how many times I have to tell you before it sinks into your thick skull that I am not nor have I ever been a reublican

He has binary thinking disease, he can't get past Democrat or Republican thinking. What is sad is that is the thinking that got us into this mess.
No I get it. Especially when Republicans are in charge because then reality collides with their rhetoric. For example healthcare. Now we see us liberals were right. The GOP lied about the aca. Turns out things would be worse if not for it.

Maybe you idiots should have voted against Republicans in 2010 instead of giving them back control of the house and senate.

You rewarded bad behavior.

And last I checked we have two parties. If you aren't a democrat then you're a Republican. And you guys got us in this message. I don't blame the politicians anymore. I would favor the rich too. You don't need favoring. You vote for them even when they fuck you. Or almost as good you people reward them by not voting

With healthcare the Democrats are wrong, what we have is free premiums with people not being able to afford the deductible. See if you give people with no money health insurance and a $3500 deductible, it does them no good. So really the Democrat party was wrong. You have no proof that we were worse off, that is an opinion.

Also, it wasn't just Republicans that voted in 2010, so your blame game is also a flawed opinion.

We have more than two party's in fact there are several hundred. Just your way of not taking blame for a mess that all helped create. If you have voted either Republican or Democrat, you helped get us into this mess because you only hold the Republicans accountable.
2 options

$3500 deductible and survive cancer or don't have insurance so you can't afford the million dollar cure.

If you don't have the $3500 you are not getting any cure.

Yup.

I always thought of skullpilot as a con/rep. What are you?

I am completely unaffiliated.

I can't help it if you can only see the world in 2 dimensions

I agree, I lean conservative, however I am not a Republican.
OK, I'm not a democrat. I just vote for them. Happy?

I don't for just Republicans. I look at a lot more than political affiliation, I can't help it that you are a Democratic idiot who votes straight party line. Real stupid way to vote. Ever try thinking for yourself?

the only way to bring the price of medical costs down is to let the public know what the costs are in the first place.

The single biggest scam is the hiding of the costs. No one knows what medical care costs up front so they can't make informed decisions on where to get care

You just vote for them. lol. Or their puppets.

Do you believe the crap you spew?
I do

You would, he is 100 times smarter than you, and his IQ is 45.

A company (any company) only pays labor what it is worth. This is dictated by the supply and demand market of employees.

You are only worth as much as the next person willing to do the same job and same quality of work as you do. That's how it's decided.

Those are two rules of business that are cast in stone and yet, Progressives cannot comprehend the concept. It is as if Progressives have little filters in their ears and vital information never even gets to their brain to be processed.

A company (any company) only pays labor what it is worth. This is dictated by the supply and demand market of employees.

You are only worth as much as the next person willing to do the same job and same quality of work as you do. That's how it's decided.

Those are two rules of business that are cast in stone and yet, Progressives cannot comprehend the concept. It is as if Progressives have little filters in their ears and vital information never even gets to their brain to be processed.

We look at businesses as entities that produce products or services for a profit. Liberals think that businesses start up to give people good jobs and pay the social obligation they are saddled with.

Often just because they aren't married, does not mean that a child is not being raised by two parents, sometimes even living together without the benefit of marriage.

Which means that by living together, without being married, they qualify for far more government welfare and handouts. No marriage, no stability in the union.

It seems that some education would help rectify your illusions.

BY WALTER E. WILLIAMS
RELEASE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2005, AND THEREAFTER

AMMUNITION FOR POVERTY PIMPS

In the wake of Hurricane Katrina's destruction of New Orleans, President Bush gave America's poverty pimps and race hustlers new ammunition. The president said, "As all of us saw on television, there is also some deep, persistent poverty in this region as well. And that poverty has roots in a history of racial discrimination, which cut off generations from the opportunity of America. We have a duty to confront this poverty with bold action."

The president's espousing such a vision not only supplies ammunition to poverty pimps and race hustlers, it focuses attention away from the true connection between race and poverty.

Though I grow weary of pointing it out, let's do it again. Let's examine some numbers readily available from the Census Bureau's 2004 Current Population Survey and ask some questions. There's one segment of the black population that suffers only a 9.9 percent poverty rate, and only 13.7 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. There's another segment that suffers a 39.5 percent poverty rate, and 58.1 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. Among whites, one segment suffers a 6 percent poverty rate, and only 9.9 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. The other segment suffers a 26.4 percent poverty rate, and 52 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. What do you think distinguishes the high and low poverty populations among blacks?

Would you buy an explanation that it's because white people practice discrimination against one segment of the black population and not the other or one segment had a history of slavery and not the other? You'd have to be a lunatic to buy such an explanation. The only distinction between both the black and white populations is marriage -- lower poverty in married-couple families.

In 1960, only 28 percent of black females ages 15 to 44 were never married and illegitimacy among blacks was 22 percent. Today, the never-married rate is 56 percent and illegitimacy stands at 70 percent. If today's black family structure were what it was in 1960, the overall black poverty rate would be in or near single digits. The weakening of the black family structure, and its devastating consequences, have nothing to do with the history of slavery or racial discrimination.

Dr. Charles Murray, an American Enterprise Institute scholar, argues in an article titled "Rediscovering the Underclass" in the Institute's On the Issues series (October 2005) that self-destructive behavior has become the hallmark of the underclass. He says that unemployment in the underclass is not caused by the lack of jobs but by the inability to get up every morning and go to work. In 1954, the percentage of black males, age 20 to 24, not looking for work was nine percent. In 1999, it rose to 30 percent, and that was at a time when employers were beating the bushes for employees. Murray adds that "the statistical reality is that people who get into the American job market and stay there seldom remain poor unless they do something self-destructive.

I share Murray's sentiment expressed at the beginning of his article where he says, "Watching the courage of ordinary low-income people as they deal with the aftermath of Katrina and Rita, it is hard to decide which politicians are more contemptible -- Democrats who are rediscovering poverty and blaming it on George W. Bush, or Republicans who are rediscovering poverty and claiming that the government can fix it." Since President Johnson's War on Poverty, controlling for inflation, the nation has spent $9 trillion on about 80 anti-poverty programs. To put that figure in perspective, last year's U.S. GDP was $11 trillion; $9 trillion exceeds the GDP of any nation except the U.S. Hurricanes Katrina and Rita uncovered the result of the War on Poverty -- dependency and self-destructive behavior.

Guess what the president [President George Walker Bush] and politicians from both parties are asking the American people to do? If you said, "Enact programs that will sustain and enhance dependency," go to the head of the class.

Ammunition For Poverty Pimps

By the way, those numbers on out-of-wedlock birth rates can be misleading. Often just because they aren't married, does not mean that a child is not being raised by two parents, sometimes even living together without the benefit of marriage.
If they were really committed they would be married. So not much of a family.

Not true, bigot.
It is true, two legal guardians with the tax advantages, live-ins want a quick exit.

Why do some restaurants get away with paying less, due to tips? It should only matter for tax purposes.

Because servers make out pretty good with tips, and in fact, make most of their income that way.

My mother was a waitress at Denny's. My niece is now doing the same job at a better restaurant. Both have made out pretty well in spite of the hard work. One of my former tenants used to be a server at an upper-scale restaurant. He brought home more in one night in tips than I used to make in a week. HIs tips per table were anywhere from $75.00 to $200.00. Granted, he had to spend a lot of time per table, but hell, think of the cash money if you only served five or six tables a night?
so what; that does not let an employer off the hook unless they are independent contractors.

BUT BUT BUT Libtards laughed when Republicans said higher minimum wages will drive up food costs.

Restaurant diners are footing the bill for rising minimum wages.

In lieu of steep menu price increases, many independent and regional chain restaurants in states including Arizona, California, Colorado and New York are adding surcharges of 3% to 4% to help offset rising labor costs. Industry analysts expect the practice to become widespread as more cities and states increase minimum wages.

More on this...

Wendy's installing self-ordering kiosks in 1,000 restaurants
US retail sales rise in January, led by gas and restaurants
What does 'A Day Without a Woman' mean for restaurants?
“It’s the emerging new norm,” said Sharokina Shams, spokeswoman for the California Restaurant Association. She said California restaurants are adding surcharges as the state lifts the minimum wage every year until it reaches $15 an hour by 2023. It is currently at $10.50 an hour for employers with 26 or more workers.
Big deal cheap ass. You can't afford $3 more for your dinner?
Hardly the point.
The states that mandate this are forcing their ideology down the throats of business owners, something you know nothing about, nor care to, for the sole purpose of building a political base.
And then you get pissed off when businesses react to protect their already thin margins.
Tell ya what. Open a business. Then pay your employees non competitive wages. Let us know how that works out for you.
Until you have walked the walk, you have no right to criticize.
/---- For years, I have thrown down the challenge for the Libtard Moonbats to open their own restaurant and show us how much they pay their employees yet they never answer.

Bullshit. Of course it's not the carrot's fault; it's the fault of the asshole dangling the carrot just out of reach.

The only people the carrot is out of reach for are those physically or mentally disabled, and we take care of those people. Everybody else? It's up to you if you want that carrot or a bushel of carrots.
I would have more confidence in the sincerity of the right, if corporate welfare did not exist in modern times. why not end that, first?

Why would I want to end people keeping more of their very own money? DumBama had two years with a Democrat led Congress to do whatever he desired. Why didn't he end it?
every bailout for the rich, inspires less confidence in the sincerity of the right

Bailouts and corporate welfare are two different things. Bailouts are granted or loaned money to an industry while so-called welfare is nothing more than tax breaks.
the poor do not get to keep their wealth while means tested welfare for individuals, and may jeopardize their steak and lobster privileges as well.

Which is stupid. Unhappy workers are shytty workers- no wonder we have so many...Check Costco.

It's not the job of an employer to make you happy. It's the job of an employer to produce products or services for a profit.

Nobody is forced to work for minimum wage. If you need more money, don't cry for government to get you more, do it yourself.
then, stop making people on welfare work for under less than fifteen dollars an hour.

I'm not making anybody do anything. Individuals make that choice for themselves.
work for welfare. only the right wing, never gets it.

You don't think that's been tried before? It has and doesn't work.
yet, the right wing insists on a "work or die" ethic from the Age of Iron.

They want to pay more in taxes to help the country, hater dupe. Your lying cheating bought off heroes suq.
What special kind of stupid thinks they don't employ every trick in the book to pay the least amount of taxes possible?
Why are those tricks in the book? Oh yes because poor people are the problem. Lol. It's never the rich. You can't fault who you worship.

It isn't the rich, Congress can say no to the rich, they choose to say yes. Again, both parties are to blame, yet you can't seem to blame the Democrats, because then you would have to take responsibility.
Maybe because they've been trying to raise taxes on the rich for 30 years, dupe. Keep voting for bought off lying cheating brainwashers.

Already gave several links showing that Democrats are just as giving to the rich as the Republicans. Why they heck are you being duped by Congress, Democrats and Republicans? I didn't vote for a Republican or Democrat incumbent, you are the problem because you support a party that sold you out in the 90's and to prove how stupid you are, you will continue to vote for them. Congrats!
Yes, Bill went along with the a-hole GOP too much. Nothing like the GOP disasters when they're in office.

Bullshit. Of course it's not the carrot's fault; it's the fault of the asshole dangling the carrot just out of reach.

The only people the carrot is out of reach for are those physically or mentally disabled, and we take care of those people. Everybody else? It's up to you if you want that carrot or a bushel of carrots.
I would have more confidence in the sincerity of the right, if corporate welfare did not exist in modern times. why not end that, first?

Why would I want to end people keeping more of their very own money? DumBama had two years with a Democrat led Congress to do whatever he desired. Why didn't he end it?
every bailout for the rich, inspires less confidence in the sincerity of the right

You mean the bailout the left helped carry through? You are a no thinker, you are a propagandist with no honesty.
the left is also for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

What special kind of stupid thinks they don't employ every trick in the book to pay the least amount of taxes possible?
Why are those tricks in the book? Oh yes because poor people are the problem. Lol. It's never the rich. You can't fault who you worship.

It isn't the rich, Congress can say no to the rich, they choose to say yes. Again, both parties are to blame, yet you can't seem to blame the Democrats, because then you would have to take responsibility.
Maybe because they've been trying to raise taxes on the rich for 30 years, dupe. Keep voting for bought off lying cheating brainwashers.

Already gave several links showing that Democrats are just as giving to the rich as the Republicans. Why they heck are you being duped by Congress, Democrats and Republicans? I didn't vote for a Republican or Democrat incumbent, you are the problem because you support a party that sold you out in the 90's and to prove how stupid you are, you will continue to vote for them. Congrats!

People like Franko are brainwashed by their puppet masters. Through brainwashing, they have managed to convince them that Republicans are in bed with the rich, racist, homophobes, and most of all, uneducated.

As they saying goes, if you repeat a lie often enough, eventually people will believe it.
We don't HAVE a fake news propaganda machine to compare with your disgrace, dupe.

BUT BUT BUT Libtards laughed when Republicans said higher minimum wages will drive up food costs.

Restaurant diners are footing the bill for rising minimum wages.

In lieu of steep menu price increases, many independent and regional chain restaurants in states including Arizona, California, Colorado and New York are adding surcharges of 3% to 4% to help offset rising labor costs. Industry analysts expect the practice to become widespread as more cities and states increase minimum wages.

More on this...

Wendy's installing self-ordering kiosks in 1,000 restaurants
US retail sales rise in January, led by gas and restaurants
What does 'A Day Without a Woman' mean for restaurants?
“It’s the emerging new norm,” said Sharokina Shams, spokeswoman for the California Restaurant Association. She said California restaurants are adding surcharges as the state lifts the minimum wage every year until it reaches $15 an hour by 2023. It is currently at $10.50 an hour for employers with 26 or more workers.
Big deal cheap ass. You can't afford $3 more for your dinner?
Hardly the point.
The states that mandate this are forcing their ideology down the throats of business owners, something you know nothing about, nor care to, for the sole purpose of building a political base.
And then you get pissed off when businesses react to protect their already thin margins.
Tell ya what. Open a business. Then pay your employees non competitive wages. Let us know how that works out for you.
Until you have walked the walk, you have no right to criticize.
/---- For years, I have thrown down the challenge for the Libtard Moonbats to open their own restaurant and show us how much they pay their employees yet they never answer.
social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour; that is the reason for the fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage. only the right wing, never gets it.

Yes, Bill went along with the a-hole GOP too much. Nothing like the GOP disasters when they're in office.
the GOP was willing to "shut down" government, if they didn't get their way.

Lol! Not Billy boys fault it's those damn Republicans! Lol! You are such a hater dupe! You are supporting a party that sold out the poor and middle class and work for the rich, you are just to stupid to realize your ignorance.

You mean the bailout the left helped carry through? You are a no thinker, you are a propagandist with no honesty.
the left is also for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

And they are for giving health care to the poor, a poor that with the insurance, can't afford the deductibles. That's a lot of help! Forcing all Americans into health care so the middle class can pay more. Lol! Democrats are for The rich, you gobble up the crumbs they feed you will they eat your steaks, and you are happy. Lol!

Forum List

Back