Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

A company (any company) only pays labor what it is worth. This is dictated by the supply and demand market of employees.

You are only worth as much as the next person willing to do the same job and same quality of work as you do. That's how it's decided.

Those are two rules of business that are cast in stone and yet, Progressives cannot comprehend the concept. It is as if Progressives have little filters in their ears and vital information never even gets to their brain to be processed.

We look at businesses as entities that produce products or services for a profit. Liberals think that businesses start up to give people good jobs and pay the social obligation they are saddled with.
We can keep both in mind at the same time. Amazing, eh?

Why don't you find a business owner that can honestly say he opened up his business to provide good paying jobs, and I'll show you a failed businessman.

Here's a business that opened up to employ those who usually can't find jobs.

Puzzles Bakery & Cafe in Schenectady owner tells inspiring story to Women@Work

Why do some restaurants get away with paying less, due to tips? It should only matter for tax purposes.

Because servers make out pretty good with tips, and in fact, make most of their income that way.

My mother was a waitress at Denny's. My niece is now doing the same job at a better restaurant. Both have made out pretty well in spite of the hard work. One of my former tenants used to be a server at an upper-scale restaurant. He brought home more in one night in tips than I used to make in a week. HIs tips per table were anywhere from $75.00 to $200.00. Granted, he had to spend a lot of time per table, but hell, think of the cash money if you only served five or six tables a night?
so what; that does not let an employer off the hook unless they are independent contractors.

Why shouldn't it? The restaurant owner provided the restaurant. The owner provides the utilities. The owner takes care of the money and taxes. The owner is the one risking his money. Why shouldn't he be off the hook? His employees are making a damn good living thanks to him.

A company (any company) only pays labor what it is worth. This is dictated by the supply and demand market of employees.

You are only worth as much as the next person willing to do the same job and same quality of work as you do. That's how it's decided.

Those are two rules of business that are cast in stone and yet, Progressives cannot comprehend the concept. It is as if Progressives have little filters in their ears and vital information never even gets to their brain to be processed.

We look at businesses as entities that produce products or services for a profit. Liberals think that businesses start up to give people good jobs and pay the social obligation they are saddled with.

Why don't you find a business owner that can honestly say he opened up his business to provide good paying jobs, and I'll show you a failed businessman.

You have to have an account to read it. I'm not doing that to read a story that's unlikely true.

Today's min wage is 7.25? So, a department manager makes 14.50/ hr? Not even close in my area.
How do you know? You consistently speak as if you were god.

No, I speak as if I read. And I know working people. It's not that hard to find out the wages of a particular industry in a particular area.
Department managers make the same wages? I call bullshit. You make stuff up to fit your narrative.

You have to have an account to read it. I'm not doing that to read a story that's unlikely true.

For People With Developmental Disabilities, Food Work Means More Self Reliance

Today's min wage is 7.25? So, a department manager makes 14.50/ hr? Not even close in my area.
How do you know? You consistently speak as if you were god.

No, I speak as if I read. And I know working people. It's not that hard to find out the wages of a particular industry in a particular area.
Department managers make the same wages? I call bullshit. You make stuff up to fit your narrative.

You cannot find that I said they make the same wages. I say they don't make twice as much.

Maybe because they've been trying to raise taxes on the rich for 30 years, dupe. Keep voting for bought off lying cheating brainwashers.

Already gave several links showing that Democrats are just as giving to the rich as the Republicans. Why they heck are you being duped by Congress, Democrats and Republicans? I didn't vote for a Republican or Democrat incumbent, you are the problem because you support a party that sold you out in the 90's and to prove how stupid you are, you will continue to vote for them. Congrats!

People like Franko are brainwashed by their puppet masters. Through brainwashing, they have managed to convince them that Republicans are in bed with the rich, racist, homophobes, and most of all, uneducated.

As they saying goes, if you repeat a lie often enough, eventually people will believe it.
We don't HAVE a fake news propaganda machine to compare with your disgrace, dupe.

Did you eat paint chips when you were a kid?
WE have media that tries to be good journalists, not Sean and Rush and your other bought off HS grad ex DJ's spewing the same bs...all run directly by greedy idiot billionaires.

I don't watch Fox or Rush or anyone else, so stuff your BS! So you did eat paint chips as a kid.

Why would I want to end people keeping more of their very own money? DumBama had two years with a Democrat led Congress to do whatever he desired. Why didn't he end it?
every bailout for the rich, inspires less confidence in the sincerity of the right

You mean the bailout the left helped carry through? You are a no thinker, you are a propagandist with no honesty.
the left is also for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

And they are for giving health care to the poor, a poor that with the insurance, can't afford the deductibles. That's a lot of help! Forcing all Americans into health care so the middle class can pay more. Lol! Democrats are for The rich, you gobble up the crumbs they feed you will they eat your steaks, and you are happy. Lol!
the right wing, still has no better solution at lower cost.

And neither do the Democrats, you keep eating the crumbs, you make your leaders very happy.

Maybe because they've been trying to raise taxes on the rich for 30 years, dupe. Keep voting for bought off lying cheating brainwashers.

Already gave several links showing that Democrats are just as giving to the rich as the Republicans. Why they heck are you being duped by Congress, Democrats and Republicans? I didn't vote for a Republican or Democrat incumbent, you are the problem because you support a party that sold you out in the 90's and to prove how stupid you are, you will continue to vote for them. Congrats!
Yes, Bill went along with the a-hole GOP too much. Nothing like the GOP disasters when they're in office.
the GOP was willing to "shut down" government, if they didn't get their way.

So we're the Democrats, why do you persist in the lies of the left?
Never, dupe.

Then why do you persist on your lies?

People like Franko are brainwashed by their puppet masters. Through brainwashing, they have managed to convince them that Republicans are in bed with the rich, racist, homophobes, and most of all, uneducated.

As they saying goes, if you repeat a lie often enough, eventually people will believe it.
We don't HAVE a fake news propaganda machine to compare with your disgrace, dupe.

WE have media that tries to be good journalists, not Sean and Rush and your other bought off HS grad ex DJ's spewing the same bs...all run directly by greedy idiot billionaires.

I don't watch Fox or Rush or anyone else, so stuff your BS! So you did eat paint chips as a kid.
So you get no info at all? I believe it.

Yes, Bill went along with the a-hole GOP too much. Nothing like the GOP disasters when they're in office.

Never, dupe.

LOL. There's never been a debt ceiling crisis before the "No compromise, un-American TP GOP" -TIME.

So you get no info at all? I believe it.

I meant extreme right wing sources, but you knew that and you can't be honest.

Never, dupe.

LOL. There's never been a debt ceiling crisis before the "No compromise, un-American TP GOP" -TIME.

It takes two to tango.

It isn't the rich, Congress can say no to the rich, they choose to say yes. Again, both parties are to blame, yet you can't seem to blame the Democrats, because then you would have to take responsibility.

That is why, Clinton went along with it.

No I get it. Especially when Republicans are in charge because then reality collides with their rhetoric. For example healthcare. Now we see us liberals were right. The GOP lied about the aca. Turns out things would be worse if not for it.

Maybe you idiots should have voted against Republicans in 2010 instead of giving them back control of the house and senate.

You rewarded bad behavior.

And last I checked we have two parties. If you aren't a democrat then you're a Republican. And you guys got us in this message. I don't blame the politicians anymore. I would favor the rich too. You don't need favoring. You vote for them even when they fuck you. Or almost as good you people reward them by not voting

With healthcare the Democrats are wrong, what we have is free premiums with people not being able to afford the deductible. See if you give people with no money health insurance and a $3500 deductible, it does them no good. So really the Democrat party was wrong. You have no proof that we were worse off, that is an opinion.

Also, it wasn't just Republicans that voted in 2010, so your blame game is also a flawed opinion.

We have more than two party's in fact there are several hundred. Just your way of not taking blame for a mess that all helped create. If you have voted either Republican or Democrat, you helped get us into this mess because you only hold the Republicans accountable.
2 options

$3500 deductible and survive cancer or don't have insurance so you can't afford the million dollar cure.

That may be so if you could get a crap policy like that for around $200.00 a month. But the last plan I checked out on Commie Care wanted $725.00 a month with a $7,000 deductible and a $7,100 out of pocket. No prescription coverage, no dental or eye, and a $50.00 copay for all doctors visits.

How would I be able to pay that, pay for all my prescriptions, and pay my medical bills since the insurance didn't cover anything?
That's a lie. It's about $300 a month which is still too much I agree.

We need single payer.

Are Republicans willing to fix the problem? The only way they know how is to let insurance companies deny insuring the sick and not cover the poor.

Some things shouldn't be for profit
single payer has failed everywhere it's been tried
links?

The poor and middle class are the victims, dolt. We have the worst rich poor gap and upward mobility ever TODAY. Reaganism, not obstructed Obama, dupe.
So all that money spent on the war on poverty accomplished...what exactly?
we have "poor" people that are richer than 70% of the entire population of the planet

Are you a globalist? Because you are so concerned about the poor on other countries.

because I happen to know the FACT that our so called poor are far richer than 70% of the entire world population that makes me a globalist?

no it doesn't it makes me informed and gives me a perspective that extends beyond the walls of your little 2 dimensional echo chamber

I understand that fact, too. I haven't disputed that fact. That doesn't mean that we should work to make our poor more comparable to the poor of the rest of the world.

They are already comparable to the rest of the world.

The so called poor here are no worse off than the so called poor in any other first world country and they are far better off than the actual poor

Forum List

Back