RFK Jr condemns the removal of Confederate monuments

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has condemned the removal of Confederate statues, saying he had a “visceral reaction against” the destruction of monuments honoring southern leaders from the Civil War.

Robert E. Lee, the top Confederate general, had “extraordinary qualities of leadership” that deserve to be celebrated, Kennedy said Friday in an interview for the Timcast IRL, which is hosted by conservative podcaster Tim Pool.

“There were heroes in the Confederacy who didn’t have slaves,” Kennedy said in response to a question about the monuments. “And, you know, I just, I just have a visceral reaction to this destroying history. I don’t like it. I think we should celebrate who we are. And that, you know, we should celebrate the good qualities of everybody.”

Sure, he is making a big play for the southern, white, Republican demographic. But what surprises me is the line - “There were heroes in the Confederacy who didn’t have slaves,” I mean, even in the history of pandering, this is a bit much.

The Confederacy was founded with the explicit goal of preserving and expanding the institution of slavery. Its leaders and soldiers fought to maintain slavery and white supremacy.

This is similar to some guy claiming about the Nazis - "There are some fine people on both sides".

Last edited:
The "fine people" canard has been thoroughly debunked at this point. The full context provides a very different meaning.

As for the statues issue, it's something the left put forward to pander to certain bases. Does removing a statue do anything to improve the plight of minorities? No, not really, but it's quite a spectacle, and they never waste an opportunity to spend more government money.

And he waited this long to say this? Which just coincidentally coincides with his run for the presidency? What? Does he think he has a shot at Trump Supporters. oh..pun.

you know....I've always have my doubts about him
RFK Junior....there is something that just doesn't...completely make sense about him! just something....

you know....I've always have my doubts about him
RFK Junior....there is something that just doesn't...completely make sense about him! just something....
It's that brain worm. LOL

joking aside. I agree with you. I think it may be that he, like Biden, will say anything to RELATE to the crowd. He's looking for a niche and is trying to be all things to different people. Well...there's that saying. You can fool some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time but not all the people all the time.

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has condemned the removal of Confederate statues, saying he had a “visceral reaction against” the destruction of monuments honoring southern leaders from the Civil War.

Robert E. Lee, the top Confederate general, had “extraordinary qualities of leadership” that deserve to be celebrated, Kennedy said Friday in an interview for the Timcast IRL, which is hosted by conservative podcaster Tim Pool.

“There were heroes in the Confederacy who didn’t have slaves,” Kennedy said in response to a question about the monuments. “And, you know, I just, I just have a visceral reaction to this destroying history. I don’t like it. I think we should celebrate who we are. And that, you know, we should celebrate the good qualities of everybody.”

Sure, he is making a big play for the southern, white, Republican demographic. But what surprises me is the line - “There were heroes in the Confederacy who didn’t have slaves,” I mean, even in the history of pandering, this is a bit much.

The Confederacy was founded with the explicit goal of preserving and expanding the institution of slavery. Its leaders and soldiers fought to maintain slavery and white supremacy.

This is similar to some guy claiming about the Nazis - "There are some fine people on both sides".
should ancient statues of Ceasar , Napoleon , or the Pharaos ect ..be torn down ? after all many of said historical figures were tyrants and some like the Phoraos had slaves to cater to there every demand ..

i'm assuming your avatar is a statue [bust] of a roman leader .. should it be destroyed .. after all Rome had slaves .

The situation doesn't affect me one way or the other, we had union statues where I'm from. As far as the confederate ones go, I don't mind them being a constant reminder to Southerners that they lost.

As far as RFK Jr. goes, he needs to stick to real issues and shy away from this nonsense that gets him nowhere and the media will hop on.

What has RFK Jr. accomplished in the private sector? What are his qualifications? We don't need another amateur Obama or lifelong taxpayer mooch Biden.

should ancient statues of Ceasar , Napoleon , or the Pharaos ect ..be torn down ? after all many of said historical figures were tyrants and some like the Phoraos had slaves to cater to there every demand ..
By that logic we should have statues to Hitler and Mousolini

Ya think?

Those “heroes” were responsible for the deaths of six hundred thousand American soldiers and who knows how many civilians

What has RFK Jr. accomplished in the private sector? What are his qualifications? We don't need another amateur Obama or lifelong taxpayer mooch Biden.
What we don't need is another inhertance baby who knows nothing about public policy.

The government is a non profit entity.

:auiqs.jpg: said no Dem politician who made millions off their government office. You are batting zero today, take a time out.
The government is a non profit entity. What 'people do with their personal income has nothing to do with it, and both parties have been guilty.

The difference is that none of the above fought a war for the sole purpose of keeping slaves.

But I notice you left out - Hitler and the other Nazi leaders. Should they too have statures in their honor?

Forum List

Back