Rhode Island State Senator Cynthia Mendes: “when we’re sure homelessness has been resolved & no one is going to freeze to death, the protest will end”

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
She was one of over a dozen progressives who ascended to the state house in 2020 after ousting Senate Finance Committee chairman and Working Families Party ally Billy Conley by 20 points in a primary. Mendes had challenged Conley due to his tight relationship with the establishment forces in senate leadership.

On the 16th day of the protest, Governor Dan McKee announced 150 new emergency shelter beds and a new quarantine and isolation facility for homeless people.

She sounds like an idiot.

The more any city offers the homeless, the more homeless they end up with in their city. I doubt if as much as 10% of the homeless around here are even from Oregon. They just move here from all over because the stupid mayors of the larger cities would rather virtue signal their phony crap than serve the needs of the people who actually contribute to society instead of just taking from it.

1642253014475.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Good on her.

Whoever despises his neighbor is a sinner, but blessed is he who is generous to the poor.

Proverbs 14:21

Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Proverbs 14:31

She sounds like an idiot.

The more any city offers the homeless, the more homeless they end up with in their city. I doubt if as much as 10% of the homeless around here are even from Oregon. They just move here from all over because the stupid mayors of the larger cities would rather virtue signal their phony crap than serve the needs of the people who actually contribute to society instead of just taking from it.
This special program on Seattle's ABC affiliate outlined a perfectly good alternative for Seattle's homeless who are, as you'll see if you watch, 100% drug addicted. There is an unused former federal corrections facility on an island in Puget Sound, where the parasites could actually turn themselves back into humans, but Seattle's dem "rulers" won't have it, for some reason. So Seattleites are continually victimized by the dregs and the smaller towns are continually taking the runoff that Seattle and Portland ship to treatment centers, who then end up back on local streets, terrorizing good citizens.

This is why I will sing and dance while Seattle burns. You morons voted for this.

This special program on Seattle's ABC affiliate outlined a perfectly good alternative for Seattle's homeless who are, as you'll see if you watch, 100% drug addicted. There is an unused former federal corrections facility on an island in Puget Sound, where the parasites could actually turn themselves back into humans, but Seattle's dem "rulers" won't have it, for some reason. So Seattleites are continually victimized by the dregs and the smaller towns are continually taking the runoff that Seattle and Portland ship to treatment centers, who then end up back on local streets, terrorizing good citizens.

This is why I will sing and dance while Seattle burns. You morons voted for this.

It has been just short of amazing to me to watch the parade of utter stupidity that passes for City governance. Anybody with even a tiny smidgen of common sense is labeled as some sort of "far right" "White supremacist" by these idiots as they go further and further down the rabbit hole searching for that imaginary virtue of theirs.

That so many would judge the homeless, yet live on the edge of being homeless themselves, is phenomenal
:rolleyes:
~S~

She was one of over a dozen progressives who ascended to the state house in 2020 after ousting Senate Finance Committee chairman and Working Families Party ally Billy Conley by 20 points in a primary. Mendes had challenged Conley due to his tight relationship with the establishment forces in senate leadership.

On the 16th day of the protest, Governor Dan McKee announced 150 new emergency shelter beds and a new quarantine and isolation facility for homeless people.

They should let her sleep in her tent..........after cutting any power to it that is using that taxpayers have to pay for.

It has been just short of amazing to me to watch the parade of utter stupidity that passes for City governance. Anybody with even a tiny smidgen of common sense is labeled as some sort of "far right" "White supremacist" by these idiots as they go further and further down the rabbit hole searching for that imaginary virtue of theirs.
I weep as I watch this program again. My husband and I loved Seattle. His family was respected, he ran for public office (I thank God he was not elected). We lived a nice life there in a city that was once breathtakingly beautiful, until the junkies made it hazardous to go downtown and the derelict RV's started parking on our nice street and were used for selling drugs.

I weep for what was once a gem, turned into a turd by democrats Who. Will. Not. Do. Anything. To. Save. It.

Good on her.

Whoever despises his neighbor is a sinner, but blessed is he who is generous to the poor.

Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Manipulative of her---she is just trying to rob taxpayers some more. If any of those idiotic activists cared about the poor homeless freezing--they would load up the homeless and take them home with them.

Good on her.

Here is one that many libs will be surprised yo learn that God DIDNT say:

if you meet a hungry man on the toad to Damascus form a political action committee and petition Ceasar to give him bread

Here is one that many libs will be surprised yo learn that God DIDNT say:

if you meet a hungry man on the toad to Damascus form a political action committee and petition Ceasar to give him bread

But I posted what the Bible did say.

Good on her.

What you should ACTUALLY be reading is Matthew chapter 6.

It says nothing about government taking food from one man and giving it to someone else

charity comes from the heart not congress

If "charity" was working these people would not still need help.

Forum List

Back