rich people are ruining America, & they're not done yet

let me begin by saying this is not a criticism of Donald Trump, but of folks like The Koch Brothers.

while rich folks don't announce their intentions on the front page of newspapers, their goal is clear. they want to move America into an oligarchic form of society in which all economic and political power rests with a handful of billionaire families. they want to make it impossible for ordinary americans to improve their lives. tragically, they are succeeding.

we must make our choice. we either have democracy, or we have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Money is pretty much over-rated in politics. When you have such poor choices, NO amount of money is gonna fix that. Trump showed you don't need focus groups, ad consultants, tons of cash. You need to know HOW to get coverage. Even if the coverage is sometimes ludicrous.

Imagine what principled, focused people could do to run cheaper campaigns that work. There are endless possiblities. ONE is just promise to END the senseless mind-numbing warfare between the Dems and Reps by electing folks that want BOTH parties -- out of town by High Noon...

I think candidates should be given free air time to explain their plans and we should have many debates, all funded by tax payers. No campaign donations. No attack ads. All criticism of opponents should be made at the debates or allotted air time and must be made by the candidates themselves, not others who have the message approved.

This way, anyone can run even if they aren't wealthy or have connections with wealthy people.

Would be difficult at a national level. Because you DO need to show organization and effort from supporters to weed out the kind of 87 candidate free for all that elected Schwarzenegger out in Cali. I still have a copy of that ballot. 3 hookers, 2 pro clowns, 4 or 5 crystal worshippers, etc. $26 got you on the ballot. That's TOO democratic..

In terms of Prez races -- if you can't get ON the ballots -- there's nothing to "debate". The 2 parties will block and oppose ballot access every way they can. So ANY party that gets on enough State ballots to THEORETICALLY win the E-College --- Should definitely be in every debate. The Greens and LParty were there. Took us all our money and energy to get THAT far. LParty made EVERY ballot. Greens made "most" of them.

Actually much cheaper and easier to run as Independent than with a party. And I do believe the LParty will be doing that with candidates in the future. Because the Brand Name parties don't WANT ANY "organized competition" to their Dynasties..

the US is the wealthiest country in the history of the world, and the reason we are so prosperous is because American men work so hard. they DESERVE a paid vacation like the rest of the world.

the US in 1 of only 13 countries that does not give paid vacation, along with countries like India, Pakistan, & Sierra Leone.

90 percent of Americans say that their happiest memories are associated with vacations.

out of 188 countries, the US and Papua New Guinea are the only 2 countries in the world that don't provide paid maternity leave. in norway, workers who have baby are entitled to 50 weeks of paid leave at 100 percent of their wages.

let me begin by saying this is not a criticism of Donald Trump, but of folks like The Koch Brothers.

while rich folks don't announce their intentions on the front page of newspapers, their goal is clear. they want to move America into an oligarchic form of society in which all economic and political power rests with a handful of billionaire families. they want to make it impossible for ordinary americans to improve their lives. tragically, they are succeeding.

we must make our choice. we either have democracy, or we have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
Its amazing how some people seem to think they know what everyone else thinks and intends.

I guess it is a good thing we are not a democracy. I have no desire to be ruled by an out-of-control mob in full throat.

McDonald's, which has 840,000 low-wage workers, gave its CEO a 370 percent pay raise in 2016. he made $7million in 2016, up from $1million in 2015.

the owner of Burger King is worth 30 billion dollars. many of his employees earn just $7 an hour.

the owners of Walmart, the Walton family, are worth $130 billion. this one family owns more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of Americans...130 million people. the Walmart workers also receive more welfare than anyone else. Many Walmart workers recieve Medicaid, paid for by taxpayers. they receive food stamps, paid for by taxpayers. many Walmart workers receive subsidized housing, paid for by taxpayers. US taxpayers are subsidizing Walmart's low wages to the tune of $6billion each year. The Walton family has to get off welfare. we need REAL welfare reform. Walmart claims it can't pay its workers $15 an hour, but it can pay it's CEO $9,000 an hour. that's ABSURD, ABSURD, ABSURD.

companies like GE are not American companies. they are companies currently located in America. tomorrow, if the economics made sense to them, they could be located in China. their only allegiance is to the bottom line.

GE CEO Jack Welch represents everything that is wrong with capitalism. Welch moved dozens of GE factories abroad, outsourced millions of jobs, and slashed benefits for his employees. after destroying the retirement dreams of his workers, he received a $400 million golden parachute for himself.

this type of greed and ruthless capitalism is EVIL.

Have nothing? They have their freedoms, in one of the richest countries on earth.

Of course to an entitled snowflake this human achievement is "nothing". No wonder he wouldn't much care about if it wasn't even there.

Freedom my arse. I can name a dozen countries that are a lot more free than the US, and they have universal health care. I could go on....

A) NAME them! You are a down and out LIAR until you prove there are 12 countries a lot more FREE than the US AND that THEY HAVE Universal CARE!
YOU are a f...king bald faced LIAR and I'm calling you out! PROVE IT WITH A LIST!
B) If there are 12 countries then WHY do over 138 million people more then 3 times the next closest country United Kingdom!

Dummies like you prove all the time when you make dumb ass statements like you did above, you are just that DUMB ASSES!

View attachment 133416
https://www.quora.com/Where-do-most-people-in-the-world-want-to-live

Sorry, that's my bad, it should be 14..at least...

Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, UK, France, NZ, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Finland, Luxembourg,

As for 138 million wanting to go there, but are uneducated third world people who don't even know their own country is run let alone the US. Wanting to go there and then getting there and finding out how it really is, well, that's a whole different story.

companies like GE are not American companies. they are companies currently located in America. tomorrow, if the economics made sense to them, they could be located in China. their only allegiance is to the bottom line.

GE CEO Jack Welch represents everything that is wrong with capitalism. Welch moved dozens of GE factories abroad, outsourced millions of jobs, and slashed benefits for his employees. after destroying the retirement dreams of his workers, he received a $400 million golden parachute for himself.

Yes it is.

And yet, you're a trumpkin.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Money is pretty much over-rated in politics. When you have such poor choices, NO amount of money is gonna fix that. Trump showed you don't need focus groups, ad consultants, tons of cash. You need to know HOW to get coverage. Even if the coverage is sometimes ludicrous.

Imagine what principled, focused people could do to run cheaper campaigns that work. There are endless possiblities. ONE is just promise to END the senseless mind-numbing warfare between the Dems and Reps by electing folks that want BOTH parties -- out of town by High Noon...
How do you think we end up with such poor choices?

One was simply Coronated because of noble blood and the # of times she lied and bled to protect the party. The other literally TERRORIZED and mugged a party that he never actually belonged to and BULLIED his way to power.. The parties have CEASED to represent their constituents. They "stand" for nothing but "winning". The Charlie Sheen type of "winning"...

th
I agree. What I was saying though was that the elite use whatever means are necessary to ensure that someone who'll cooperate with their agenda will be nominated in either of the major parties.

Well we kinda agree. But the parties themselves are not elite. In fact, the party leadership have no special skills or achievements behind them. OTHER THAN -- being loyal to "the brand" and manipulating the stories and issues to their benefit.. The four people that hold ALL THE POWER of Congress -- are truly ordinary UNDERachievers. And YET -- THEY are the ones running our government.. Not the other 500 members...
Under acheivers is a kind way to put it. I assume you're talking about Speaker of the House, minority Whips and Senate majority leader.

He wanted to put factories on barges that could be relocated to whatever third world shit hole offered the lowest wages.

How do you think we end up with such poor choices?

One was simply Coronated because of noble blood and the # of times she lied and bled to protect the party. The other literally TERRORIZED and mugged a party that he never actually belonged to and BULLIED his way to power.. The parties have CEASED to represent their constituents. They "stand" for nothing but "winning". The Charlie Sheen type of "winning"...

th
I agree. What I was saying though was that the elite use whatever means are necessary to ensure that someone who'll cooperate with their agenda will be nominated in either of the major parties.

Well we kinda agree. But the parties themselves are not elite. In fact, the party leadership have no special skills or achievements behind them. OTHER THAN -- being loyal to "the brand" and manipulating the stories and issues to their benefit.. The four people that hold ALL THE POWER of Congress -- are truly ordinary UNDERachievers. And YET -- THEY are the ones running our government.. Not the other 500 members...
Under acheivers is a kind way to put it. I assume you're talking about Speaker of the House, minority Whips and Senate majority leader.

Absolutely.. NONE of the other members of Congress count. Those 4 are in COMPLETE control to ensure Party compliance and loyalty.. Cross them or be an independent voice and you will find a super funded challenger from the Party in your next primary. And your bills/amendments trashed.. And not get your share of the pork..

Rich people make America Great! They don't need money from the government to get the things they want in life. I wish we had more rich people so that they demand we increase taxes to pay for other people's stuff. Poor people see government as a giant hand to reach down into their pockets and take their stuff and give it to them. That is the chief complaint that democrats have about government is that it doesn't take enough from richie rich and give to johhny poor boy.

my boyfriend graduated medical school with a debt of $300,000

graduation should be a joyous occasion, not the start of an anxiety-ridden lifelong financial nightmare.

how many scientists, engineers, teachers, doctors are we losing cos high ed is unaffordable?

Only same thing to do is consolidate all the Welth to my hands for safe keeping.

I won't even read this thread because your stance is disproven by facts.

ONLY QUESTION THAT MATTERS---------> How much was spent by Hillary, how much by Trump? How much was spent by Ossoff, how much by Handel?

Your position has just been dismantled!

graduation should be a joyous occasion, not the start of an anxiety-ridden lifelong financial nightmare.

how many scientists, engineers, teachers, doctors are we losing cos high ed is unaffordable?

Young lady---------> Have you EVER looked at the cost curve of what education USED to cost, when it STARTED to rise, and why it has gotten totally out of hand?

I would tell you, but this seems VERY important to you, so if I told you, you would claim I was lying. Tis better you look it up yourself, and PLEASE sit down while doing it, because you are going to learn something you will NOT like!

Young lady---------> Have you EVER looked at the cost curve of what education USED to cost, when it STARTED to rise, and why it has gotten totally out of hand?

I would tell you, but this seems VERY important to you, so if I told you, you would claim I was lying. Tis better you look it up yourself, and PLEASE sit down while doing it, because you are going to learn something you will NOT like!

1) i'm not a lady

2) tell us more

1) i'm not a lady

2) tell us more

1. Forgive me, was not trying to insult.

2. You need to teach yourself this answer, it will surprise you immensely. I did NOT believe it either when I was 1st told, but our own government has charts to show the curve as costs escalated. Lets be honest---------> If you go to college for an 8 year program, at any given time you can become an indentured servant if Washington decides that what you provide is a RIGHT! May as well become a social worker in my opinion.

That being said, trust me that if you research it, your eyes will begin to open!

Nope, you have to go higher. The Kochs, the Soro's et al are nothing but the faces of the true players.

Forum List

Back