🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Right as usual Mr. Trump - NFL protesters should be canned

Do lots make the same money than most of these athletes(especially the son of a bitch Kappy) being ungrateful not standing?

Ironic that Trump was rich enough to get a doctor to write him a note to avoid the vietnam draft, complains about disrespecting the country.

How about the LA Coliseum games so far? Contrast USC v Texas with the Rams games. Ugly. Remember how they used to call it the Mausoleum? It's baaaaaack!
Yes! The Chargers are doing even worse and they are playing in a 35K seat soccer stadium. Dumb move if you ask me to move two teams to LA in two year span. I dont care about it being the second largest market in the country. The demographic forecasts advised against it and now they are paying the price. To quote the Thai...Som nom na...serves you right.

Not to digress, but that is a team I just can't figure out. For years, Philip Rivers is like a world beater for the first six games every season then they tail off into oblivion. Doesn't help that they are in the AFC West I guess, that division is probably the best in football.

Chargers suck dude. Rivers is a good QB, at least as good as Big Ben, IMO. Under Rivers they had one great team. But like many teams before and after, they managed to CHOKE against the Patriots, and the Patriots always take full advantage. Worked out in the end though, allowing Peyton to win a SB with the Colts. There's another suck franchise.

Man, the difference once Luck went down is amazing to me. They are freaking road kill.

And Av, I don't know how old you are, but I remember that Dan Fouts Kellen Winslow game. Epic.

I'm old enough for sure. I'm a former Dolphin fan. They lost me when Marino retired. All that's left is another bad franchise.

Dan Marino? Didn't he go to Pitt? (I'm a Penn State fan). My mom was always a Fins fan. I remember watching them beat Washington in a boring SuperBowl. That's how old I am.

Kneeling for the anthem is cornball activism.

Fucking pussies. Do some real shit like Jim Brown.
LOL I doubt a number of these self entitled athletes will leave their gravy train.

There are real things they can do in the community while also playing football, and there is plenty they can do in the community when they retire.

Spending time with at risk kids is a start.

Taking a knee for 90 seconds before a game isn't shit.

Yes! The Chargers are doing even worse and they are playing in a 35K seat soccer stadium. Dumb move if you ask me to move two teams to LA in two year span. I dont care about it being the second largest market in the country. The demographic forecasts advised against it and now they are paying the price. To quote the Thai...Som nom na...serves you right.

Not to digress, but that is a team I just can't figure out. For years, Philip Rivers is like a world beater for the first six games every season then they tail off into oblivion. Doesn't help that they are in the AFC West I guess, that division is probably the best in football.

Chargers suck dude. Rivers is a good QB, at least as good as Big Ben, IMO. Under Rivers they had one great team. But like many teams before and after, they managed to CHOKE against the Patriots, and the Patriots always take full advantage. Worked out in the end though, allowing Peyton to win a SB with the Colts. There's another suck franchise.

Man, the difference once Luck went down is amazing to me. They are freaking road kill.

And Av, I don't know how old you are, but I remember that Dan Fouts Kellen Winslow game. Epic.

I'm old enough for sure. I'm a former Dolphin fan. They lost me when Marino retired. All that's left is another bad franchise.

Dan Marino? Didn't he go to Pitt? (I'm a Penn State fan). My mom was always a Fins fan. I remember watching them beat Washington in a boring SuperBowl. That's how old I am.

Go Fins!!

You all are the same snowflakes who whined about James Damore getting fired from Google. Now you all want NFL players kneeling during national anthem to get fired? What happened to freedom of speech?

Correct, it has been declining. However, one of the most important and overlooked is generational. Millennial's do not follow sports teams and leagues the way that other previous generations (Boom, X, Y) have. They prefer to engage in an activity or simply ignore it. Also, when they do follow sports their tastes are different. Witness the rise in the popularity of UFC v. Boxing and Soccer v. American Football and the slow death of baseball and golf. I saw a regular soccer game on television yesterday held at Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta that had an attendance of 47,000. This was not a cup final or a World Cup match. This was a regular league game...47K. Times are changing.
How about the LA Coliseum games so far? Contrast USC v Texas with the Rams games. Ugly. Remember how they used to call it the Mausoleum? It's baaaaaack!

Yeah...I was very young but I do remember it.

You all are the same snowflakes who whined about James Damore getting fired from Google. Now you all want NFL players kneeling during national anthem to get fired? What happened to freedom of speech?

I don't think they should be fired. I think they should do real activism, taking a knee is nothing.

Just goes to show Blacks have no brains....talk about biting the hand that feeds you

Trump destroyed one professional football league. I guess that wasn't enough.

It's got everybody from the president on down talking about it. It's brought the issue front and center, and in the middle of the public eye.

Talking?

Jim Brown is the perfect example of someone actually trying to make a difference in the community.

Not taking a knee for a few seconds like a pussy.

Tell you what, I like our POUS. His blunt honesty is refreshing. I like most of his policies. And the way he tells PC to get fkd is even better.

Trump is right as usual here. These "protesters" are wrong & disrespectful attention whores. For too many reasons they should be fired. Jerry Jones laid down the law immediately too. Go figure they had a great season.

Trump says NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem
Let me see if I have this straight. Football players should be fired for committing a non-violent act of protest in accordance with their first amendment rights as American citizens. This according to the current president and his supporters who claim the constitution should be interpreted as written, and for whom the second amendment should be held in higher esteem than any other amendment.

Contrarily, football players who assault their wives or girlfriends should not be summarily fired, but accorded due process under the law.

Is that about what you're claiming?

The employer has the right to prohibit his employees protesting anything during their work hours. That's the bottom line. When they get off work, they can protest along with the St. Louis criminals robbing stores on their own time.

Actually, refusing to play the part of puppet for a patriotism-prostitution parade isn't an "act of protest". It isn't an act at all. It's the refusal TO act.
^^^^This would be interesting if you haven't displayed your anti-American stance over and over again on this very board, Pogster. If the players do not like the American Anthem, making millions in the very country they despise, they can GTFO and take you with them. Nobody knows what they protest anyway.

Once AGAIN for the slowfooted reader --- "the anthem" itself is in no way the point here. PIMPING IT is the point.
^^^^Once more you are displaying the little man syndrome what plagues your life. Playing the national anthem regularly at sporting events dates back to WWII where (yes) the government was whipping up nationalist emotions in order to gain popular support in fighting somebody else's war in Europe.
https://www.quora.com/How-did-the-N...t-the-beginning-of-American-pro-sports-events
It actually began during WWI, and was originally played by the Red Sox during the 7th inning stretch, when it was common for a band to play. They performed the Star Spangled Banner and got a rousing response from the crowd, so they repeated it (this actually happened during the World Series), after a few times they moved it to the start of the game and honored wounded WWI soldiers who came out on the field. The attendance had been so bad during the start of the series that it was noticeable. So they stuck to it and it improved attendance.

Maybe the other sports like football adopted it during WWII, but it actually started in 1918.
From the archives: History of national anthem in sports

Kneeling for the anthem is cornball activism.

Fucking pussies. Do some real shit like Jim Brown.
LOL I doubt a number of these self entitled athletes will leave their gravy train.

There are real things they can do in the community while also playing football, and there is plenty they can do in the community when they retire.

Spending time with at risk kids is a start.

The worst part is President Trump is just replying to all the hate athletes like Lebron James have been doing the with shit talking. Towards Trump and especially military. It's sad! Like, yes the president follows the NFL. He can have hobbies too like any normal human being.

Here is the deal I would make them if I was a head coach.

If you take a knee during the playing of the anthem, I will bench you for the remainder of your contract with this team and then, before your contract expires, I will trade you to the team that is in the basement for that year.

Forum List

Back