🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Right as usual Mr. Trump - NFL protesters should be canned

No one is saying players can't express themselves. The Pres is just voicing what most people think. They don't want to see it..

Nope, Trump is expressing what his supporters think. They also think white people are being pushed aside by people of color.

Many jobs have policies that state while represnting their company such public displays are not allowed. That's not un-Constitutional.

That would be in the employment contract. Which is where the NFL failed, and didn't have the pledge or anthem in theirs.

The NFL is on the road to huge losses as well be allowing the NFL to embrace politics. Fans don't turn in for un-Patriotic politics. They tune in for football. If the NFL doesn't tune in to THAT, NFL fans will stop tuning in to them.
Exactly. People take refuge in sport BECAUSE it is not political. Sport, unlike most, if not all aspects of our lives, is the only true egalitarian activity. A person or team of persons, with a strict set of rules engage in an activity. Those who can execute the best win. People are drawn to sport, for this reason. When sports leagues begin to allow the politics of the outside world to creep in they veer from their purpose. When they deviate, people lose interest.
Av, you sound like a football follower, you know that there has been a growing disinterest in the game for a TON of reasons prior to Kap taking a knee.
Correct, it has been declining. However, one of the most important and overlooked is generational. Millennial's do not follow sports teams and leagues the way that other previous generations (Boom, X, Y) have. They prefer to engage in an activity or simply ignore it. Also, when they do follow sports their tastes are different. Witness the rise in the popularity of UFC v. Boxing and Soccer v. American Football and the slow death of baseball and golf. I saw a regular soccer game on television yesterday held at Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta that had an attendance of 47,000. This was not a cup final or a World Cup match. This was a regular league game...47K. Times are changing.

Nope, Trump is expressing what his supporters think. They also think white people are being pushed aside by people of color.

Ummm, I consider a Trump supporter as someone who supported and voted for him. That includes actual whites, minorities, women, etc who voted for him.

Can the snowflakes / liberals please keep their racism, sexism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism confined to their own personal e-mails?

Ummm, I consider a Trump supporter as someone who dupported and boted for him.

I believe that would be "botted" with a double T. From the verb "to bot", meaning to mindlessly parrot whatever Velveeta Face says.

"Dupported" I don't really recognize. I suppose its root would be found in the term "duh".

Last edited:
I dont like the orange monkey. The NFL players should tell him to go suck a dick.

Usually when folks protest, they are demanding something.

I would side with them, but now that kids in high school and junior high are taking the knee, I'm a bit confused, what are their demands exactly?

1st amendment maybe? Freedom of expression? Many of us vets served so people could exercise their rights but now many vets and others want to take that away. Go figure.

It's their right if they don't want to stand or want to kneel.
LOL! You liberals so stupid! You don't now shit about rights. The first amendment and all our rights protects us from the government, not an employer telling you not to say something on his dime. OMG the stupid never ends!

And yet we just had the so-called head of the Executive branch...part of the government, state that they should be fired.

Someone indulging in behavior detrimental to the business employing them is generally fired as a matter of course.

It is not within my authority to say anyone should be fired for exercising their freedom of speech. Those who do exercise that right, however, have to accept the consequences for doing so.

The NFL Commish fired back at Trump after the President's comment. Obviously he either has not seen all the polls / evidence showing how the product that is the NFL, that pays his salary, is being hurt by these protests OR he doesn't care.

If the Commish is a reflection of the NFL as a whole then the NFL is embodying the Democratic Party, refusing to represent or acknowledge the voice of the Amerixan people. The DNC, as a result, lost 'everything' - the House, the Senate, and the WH.

The NFL is on the road to huge losses as well be allowing the NFL to embrace politics. Fans don't turn in for un-Patriotic politics. They tune in for football. If the NFL doesn't tune in to THAT, NFL fans will stop tuning in to them.

Again, this fantasy doesn't explain why "ratings", if that's a thing, have been tanking for years. Or why they're also tanking in MLB. And NBA. And NASCAR. They're *all* in freefall.

Do you really think serious football fans are so saturated in politics that they would refuse to go to the games about an issue like kneeling during the Anthem? Not the vast majority of people who fill those seats, no.
The exorbitant price for ticket, being early in the season, the individual teams' performance, and possibly a slow change in spectator sports same as there has been in watching movies at the theater. More comfortable and sometimes a much better view on a jumbo screen tv someplace where you can have a glass of beer that doesn't cost you more than a six pack at the 7-11. And don't forget the frisk at the door if you go to the stadium.
Just not sure this is as much about kneeling and politics as y'all think.

Exactly. I took a GF and her 90 year old father to a baseball game and it set me back two hundred bucks. And that was nine years ago. That's a big point --- Big Sport has long since made cash cows out of their sports, and it's just not affordable any more. There had to be a saturation point, and that's what capitalism seeks. Whelp--- here it is.

Could also be ----- horror of horrors ---- that people are getting tired of watching mindless violence with little finesse involved.
I'm not a fan of either football or baseball, but I did take a few folks from the group home to our local farm team's Free Admission baseball game once and it was fun. I had no clue what was going on; took my cue from the cheering around me and hoped they were cheering for the right team. It was a pleasant afternoon, what with the peanuts and popcorn, fresh air, and general good fun. Pretty sure our team lost, but my folks had plenty of reasons to explain that and no one really cared. I don't think it's that way in the Big Leagues.
As you say, professional football has reached its saturation point.

As for all the people here turning this into a political bone to chew, I have a simple solution:
Stop playing the national anthem at the start of games. As we learned months ago when there was a lot of bellyaching about CK taking a knee, the tradition of playing the anthem was begun by the Red Sox to increase attendance at their games, which had been getting really lackluster turn out. It worked and everyone else picked it up. It's not Holy Writ.

I dont like the orange monkey. The NFL players should tell him to go suck a dick.

I would side with them, but now that kids in high school and junior high are taking the knee, I'm a bit confused, what are their demands exactly?

1st amendment maybe? Freedom of expression? Many of us vets served so people could exercise their rights but now many vets and others want to take that away. Go figure.

LOL! You liberals so stupid! You don't now shit about rights. The first amendment and all our rights protects us from the government, not an employer telling you not to say something on his dime. OMG the stupid never ends!

And yet we just had the so-called head of the Executive branch...part of the government, state that they should be fired.

Someone indulging in behavior detrimental to the business employing them is generally fired as a matter of course.

Not related here though. Refusing to marionette for a government bribe in an act that has nothing to do with the job anyway, is in no way "detrimental to the business". Actually the business taking that pimp money in the first place is more detrimental. So perhaps the Commissioner should be fired for doing that. Even though he returned the money.

Exactly. People take refuge in sport BECAUSE it is not political. Sport, unlike most, if not all aspects of our lives, is the only true egalitarian activity. A person or team of persons, with a strict set of rules engage in an activity. Those who can execute the best win. People are drawn to sport, for this reason. When sports leagues begin to allow the politics of the outside world to creep in they veer from their purpose. When they deviate, people lose interest.
Av, you sound like a football follower, you know that there has been a growing disinterest in the game for a TON of reasons prior to Kap taking a knee.
Correct, it has been declining. However, one of the most important and overlooked is generational. Millennial's do not follow sports teams and leagues the way that other previous generations (Boom, X, Y) have. They prefer to engage in an activity or simply ignore it. Also, when they do follow sports their tastes are different. Witness the rise in the popularity of UFC v. Boxing and Soccer v. American Football and the slow death of baseball and golf. I saw a regular soccer game on television yesterday held at Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta that had an attendance of 47,000. This was not a cup final or a World Cup match. This was a regular league game...47K. Times are changing.
How about the LA Coliseum games so far? Contrast USC v Texas with the Rams games. Ugly. Remember how they used to call it the Mausoleum? It's baaaaaack!

Sport, unlike most, if not all aspects of our lives, is the only true egalitarian activity. A person or team of persons, with a strict set of rules engage in an activity. Those who can execute the best win. People are drawn to sport, for this reason. .

Most people are drawn to sports because they can bet on the outcome.

Just look at a newspaper and see how much coverage there are of the "stats" the point spreads, the dream teams.
I dont disagree that sports betting is a huge industry. I think that statistics and the fascination with them stems from people's interest in how well individual athletes and teams perform their craft.
Though my sample size may be small, I haven't known many avid betters in comparison to avid fans.

Not related here though. Refusing to marionette for a government bribe in an act that has nothing to do with the job anyway, is in no way "detrimental to the business". Actually the business taking that pimp money in the first place is more detrimental. So perhaps the Commissioner should be fired for doing that. Even though he returned the money.

It is intrinsically related, but carry on.

Tell you what, I like our POUS. His blunt honesty is refreshing. I like most of his policies. And the way he tells PC to get fkd is even better.

Trump is right as usual here. These "protesters" are wrong & disrespectful attention whores. For too many reasons they should be fired. Jerry Jones laid down the law immediately too. Go figure they had a great season.

Trump says NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem

At the very least, players who refuse to stand and respect this country should have to stay in the locker room until after the anthem is played.
Who said they dont respect the country? Its the anthem that they dont respect.

Why?

What about these lyrics is so offensive?

"
Lyrics
Oh, say can you see,
By the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed,
At the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars,
Through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched,
Were so gallantly streaming.
And the rocket's red glare,
The bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night,
That our flag was still there.
Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave,
For the land of the free, and the home of the brave."

This is why:

Oh, say can you see, Asks if one can comprehend the reasons for white superiority.

By the dawn's early light, Told you so. White people are light skinned.

What so proudly we hailed, White supremacy. Notice how Hail is like Heil, as in Heil Hitler? Coincidence?

At the twilight's last gleaming? Reference to the bright smiles of black people, and a threat for maintaining order.

Whose broad stripes and bright stars, White people.

Through the perilous fight, Ward off the threat of progressive liberalism.

O'er the ramparts we watched, Observation of progressive liberalism.

Were so gallantly streaming. Fucking A

And the rocket's red glare, This is where white people kick serious ass.

The bombs bursting in air, Music to the ears

Gave proof through the night, You're damn right.

That our flag was still there. Burn one we'll make two more.

Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave, That's right, fire NFL protesters and maintain a perilous fight.

For the land of the free, and the home of the brave." Applies to white people.

Last edited:
Tell you what, I like our POUS. His blunt honesty is refreshing. I like most of his policies. And the way he tells PC to get fkd is even better.

Trump is right as usual here. These "protesters" are wrong & disrespectful attention whores. For too many reasons they should be fired. Jerry Jones laid down the law immediately too. Go figure they had a great season.

At the very least, players who refuse to stand and respect this country should have to stay in the locker room until after the anthem is played.

Why?

"
Lyrics
Oh, say can you see,

This is why:

Oh, say can you see, Means can you comprehend the reasons for white superiority?

By the dawn's early light, Told you so.

What so proudly we hailed, White supremacy. Notice how Hail is like Heil, as in Heil Hitler? Coincidence?

At the twilight's last gleaming? Reference to the bright smiles of black people, and a threat for maintaining order.

And the rocket's red glare, This is where white people kick major ass.

Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave, That's right, fire NFL protesters and maintain a perilous fight.

:cuckoo:

How about the LA Coliseum games so far? Contrast USC v Texas with the Rams games. Ugly. Remember how they used to call it the Mausoleum? It's baaaaaack!
Yes! The Chargers are doing even worse and they are playing in a 35K seat soccer stadium. Dumb move if you ask me to move two teams to LA in two year span. I dont care about it being the second largest market in the country. The demographic forecasts advised against it and now they are paying the price. To quote the Thai...Som nom na...serves you right.

The employer has the right to prohibit his employees protesting anything during their work hours. That's the bottom line. When they get off work, they can protest along with the St. Louis criminals robbing stores on their own time.

Actually, refusing to play the part of puppet for a patriotism-prostitution parade isn't an "act of protest". It isn't an act at all. It's the refusal TO act.
^^^^This would be interesting if you haven't displayed your anti-American stance over and over again on this very board, Pogster. If the players do not like the American Anthem, making millions in the very country they despise, they can GTFO and take you with them. Nobody knows what they protest anyway.

The employer has the right to prohibit his employees protesting anything during their work hours. That's the bottom line. When they get off work, they can protest along with the St. Louis criminals robbing stores on their own time.

Actually, refusing to play the part of puppet for a patriotism-prostitution parade isn't an "act of protest". It isn't an act at all. It's the refusal TO act.
^^^^This would be interesting if you haven't displayed your anti-American stance over and over again on this very board, Pogster. If the players do not like the American Anthem, making millions in the very country they despise, they can GTFO and take you with them. Nobody knows what they protest anyway.

Once AGAIN for the slowfooted reader who somehow muddles through entire posts and comes out the other side with "nobody knows why" --- "the anthem" itself is in no way the point here. PIMPING IT is the point.

Yes! The Chargers are doing even worse and they are playing in a 35K seat soccer stadium. Dumb move if you ask me to move two teams to LA in two year span. I dont care about it being the second largest market in the country. The demographic forecasts advised against it and now they are paying the price. To quote the Thai...Som nom na...serves you right.

Not to digress, but that is a team I just can't figure out. For years, Philip Rivers is like a world beater for the first six games every season then they tail off into oblivion. Doesn't help that they are in the AFC West I guess, that division is probably the best in football.

Why?

"
Lyrics
Oh, say can you see,

This is why:

Oh, say can you see, Asks if one can comprehend the reasons for white superiority.

By the dawn's early light, Told you so. White people are light skinned.

And the rocket's red glare, This is where white people kick serious ass.

Pure dee insane!

The NFL is hosting a private event at a publicly-funded stadium. It can require that it's employees stand and be quite during the National Anthem. Employees can range from the highest paid player on the team to the lowest paid member of the traveling staff. If they don't stand, they are fired or not fired at the discretion of the owner. Don't like it? Find a team and owner that will let you kneel.

Forum List

Back