🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Right as usual Mr. Trump - NFL protesters should be canned

So now you're anti american for not standing for the anthem? Can you quote me a law that says one has to stand or place their hand over their heart if they are a civilian?
You don't. And the rest of us don't have to pay good money to watch you snub your country.

Why the fuck do you care if someone stands, sits, kneels or does cartwheels while the anthem is playing? Just who the fuck died and gave you some kind of authority? Bet yet you want your 2nd amendment rights honored. You pick and choose what amendments you're for and against. Go stick your head up your ass for the day.
I have the authority to have whatever opinion of your despicable behavior I like. The Constitution protects my 2nd Amendment rights. I support the entire Bill of Rights. However, that doesn't mean I have to approve of how some weasel like Kaepernick chooses to use his. If the NFL owners want to allow such behavior, they can suffer the consequences.

It sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Fingerboy apparently thinks the Bill of Rights appears under a heading saying "choose up to three".
How am I "having it both ways?" Do you claim NFL owners don't have the right to set standards of behavior for their players when they are on the field?

Because you'll wet your pants over anybody daring to question the authority of Almighty Gun but when there's a POTUS openly slurring the Amendment before it, you're all statist bootlicker about the government ordering and paying for fake patriotism prostitution.

Standing or not standing for a national anthem isn't a "standard of behavior" for a football player. It could be for a soldier but it's got less-than-squatso to do with football. And refusing to act as a marionette for said fake patriotism prostitution (taxpayer funded btw), is not an "act" --- it's the refusal to act.

It is in their contract, dingbat.

Link?

Yeah didn't think so.

Do you really think serious football fans are so saturated in politics that they would refuse to go to the games about an issue like kneeling during the Anthem? Not the vast majority of people who fill those seats, no.
The exorbitant price for ticket, being early in the season, the individual teams' performance, and possibly a slow change in spectator sports same as there has been in watching movies at the theater. More comfortable and sometimes a much better view on a jumbo screen tv someplace where you can have a glass of beer that doesn't cost you more than a six pack at the 7-11. And don't forget the frisk at the door if you go to the stadium.
Just not sure this is as much about kneeling and politics as y'all think.

Exactly. I took a GF and her 90 year old father to a baseball game and it set me back two hundred bucks. And that was nine years ago. That's a big point --- Big Sport has long since made cash cows out of their sports, and it's just not affordable any more. There had to be a saturation point, and that's what capitalism seeks. Whelp--- here it is.

Could also be ----- horror of horrors ---- that people are getting tired of watching mindless violence with little finesse involved.
You do realize tv ratings are way down also?

I do not buy or sell TV commercials --- I don't give a flying fuck about "ratings".
"Ratings" are for losers who have no clue what the point is. Or for con artists selling shit you don't need, which is redundant to the previous sentence.

Do you really think serious football fans are so saturated in politics that they would refuse to go to the games about an issue like kneeling during the Anthem? Not the vast majority of people who fill those seats, no.
The exorbitant price for ticket, being early in the season, the individual teams' performance, and possibly a slow change in spectator sports same as there has been in watching movies at the theater. More comfortable and sometimes a much better view on a jumbo screen tv someplace where you can have a glass of beer that doesn't cost you more than a six pack at the 7-11. And don't forget the frisk at the door if you go to the stadium.

Exactly. I took a GF and her 90 year old father to a baseball game and it set me back two hundred bucks. And that was nine years ago. That's a big point --- Big Sport has long since made cash cows out of their sports, and it's just not affordable any more. There had to be a saturation point, and that's what capitalism seeks. Whelp--- here it is.

Could also be ----- horror of horrors ---- that people are getting tired of watching mindless violence with little finesse involved.
They've been soft for over 36 months. They started softening well before Kap's protests. Investigate the matter and you will see that there are some massive trends working against NFL viewers, including alternative means of viewing, slow pace of play, watered down product, Goodell's hamhanded tactics with player discipline, and above all, "that concussion thing."

It' ain't just the protests, although they appear to be a very mild contributing factor.

To stop playing the racist national anthem probably
I actually had to challenge some of the crackas in the stand.

Mike-Tyson-Seriously-Meme.jpg

You don't. And the rest of us don't have to pay good money to watch you snub your country.

Why the fuck do you care if someone stands, sits, kneels or does cartwheels while the anthem is playing? Just who the fuck died and gave you some kind of authority? Bet yet you want your 2nd amendment rights honored. You pick and choose what amendments you're for and against. Go stick your head up your ass for the day.
I have the authority to have whatever opinion of your despicable behavior I like. The Constitution protects my 2nd Amendment rights. I support the entire Bill of Rights. However, that doesn't mean I have to approve of how some weasel like Kaepernick chooses to use his. If the NFL owners want to allow such behavior, they can suffer the consequences.

It sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Fingerboy apparently thinks the Bill of Rights appears under a heading saying "choose up to three".
How am I "having it both ways?" Do you claim NFL owners don't have the right to set standards of behavior for their players when they are on the field?

Because you'll wet your pants over anybody daring to question the authority of Almighty Gun but when there's a POTUS openly slurring the Amendment before it, you're all statist bootlicker about the government ordering and paying for fake patriotism prostitution.

Standing or not standing for a national anthem isn't a "standard of behavior" for a football player. It could be for a soldier but it's got less-than-squatso to do with football. And refusing to act as a marionette for said fake patriotism prostitution (taxpayer funded btw), is not an "act" --- it's the refusal to act.

It is in their contract, dingbat.

Link?

Yeah didn't think so.

The owners set the standard of behavior, not you, cockroach. How did Trump "slur" the First Amendment?

When you have a contract with an NFL team, then you do what the owner tells you to do, which includes standing for the National Anthem.

Standing for the national anthem isn't in the contract.

Just like washing the owners car, or painting his house, isn't in the contract Owners can't treat their players like slaves..

I do not buy or sell TV commercials --- I don't give a flying fuck about "ratings".
"Ratings" are for losers who have no clue what the point is. Or for con artists selling shit you don't need, which is redundant to the previous sentence.
Sponsors care about ratings, and that means the owners care about them.

You really are dumber than a cockroach, ya know it?

When you have a contract with an NFL team, then you do what the owner tells you to do, which includes standing for the National Anthem.

Standing for the national anthem isn't in the contract.

Just like washing the owners car, or painting his house, isn't in the contract Owners can't treat their players like slaves..
The contract says the owner has the right to set standards of behavior, moron. That even includes when they are off the field.

I dont like the orange monkey. The NFL players should tell him to go suck a dick.

Usually when folks protest, they are demanding something.

I would side with them, but now that kids in high school and junior high are taking the knee, I'm a bit confused, what are their demands exactly?
To stop playing the racist national anthem probably. i was so proud of a family friends daughter who refused to stand for the anthem. Her and my daughter both play volleyball and there was a shit storm. I actually had to challenge some of the crackas in the stand. I let them know if they said anything else they were going to have to deal with me.
Filing this under shit that never happened.

First of all, I'd like to state I don't care for the idea of NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem.
However, those who died defending our country, were also defending our Constitution. And the Constitution defends the NFL players right, to kneel during the anthem.
It's really sad, that we have a president, who is so clueless about the Constitution. Dotard Trump has shown how clueless about the specifics of the Constitution multiple times. Either that, or he could give a shit about the Constitution. It's either one or the other.
In either case, it's very, very, very,,,,,,,SAD!
Under Obama we were forced to buy insurance. A baker was forced to bake a cake. Girls were forced to share locker rooms with men. Silence from liberals, but let something go against the United States and they support it all the way. A coach had a bunch of third grade football players kneel during the anthem. Anti Americanism seems to be the left's new narrative.

"New "?

It is the responsibility of the American people to inform the owners of what a disgrace these players have become. The best way to do it?

18 minutes before kickoff........

The image is Hurricane Stadium in Tulsa Oklahoma. It has nothing to do with the NFL.
Miami. Just one example of what is quickly spreading throughout the nation (at every level). Have you heard the latest, Pogo? It's been suggested that the NFL play in London so they can have a packed stadium. Yes, take your teams out of the country so that another country can root for your American teams. Perhaps they can change their name to IFL (International Football League) while they are at it. Anyway you look at it this is not going to end well for the NFL. The best thing to do is confront the problem head on and fire the players who are presently costing them millions of dollars in revenue.

No, I really don't follow the NFL. I used to, to a point, but like many people I got rid of my TV.

:rolleyes:

First of all, I'd like to state I don't care for the idea of NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem.
However, those who died defending our country, were also defending our Constitution. And the Constitution defends the NFL players right, to kneel during the anthem.
It's really sad, that we have a president, who is so clueless about the Constitution. Dotard Trump has shown how clueless about the specifics of the Constitution multiple times. Either that, or he could give a shit about the Constitution. It's either one or the other.
In either case, it's very, very, very,,,,,,,SAD!
Under Obama we were forced to buy insurance. A baker was forced to bake a cake. Girls were forced to share locker rooms with men. Silence from liberals, but let something go against the United States and they support it all the way. A coach had a bunch of third grade football players kneel during the anthem. Anti Americanism seems to be the left's new narrative.

"New "?
I see your point, I should change it to continuing.

The contract says the owner has the right to set standards of behavior, moron. That even includes when they are off the field.

That involves immortal or illegal acts, often referred to as a morals clause. It doesn't cover standing for the anthem.

An owner can't say a player can't drive a red car, because he thinks red is an immoral color. or that a player can't have an interracial relationship. There are limits to what morals covers.

To stop playing the racist national anthem probably
I actually had to challenge some of the crackas in the stand.

View attachment 150920
He played for the Cowboys, didn't he? :)
Bro, that's Mike Tyson, former heavyweight champion. One of the greatest boxers of all time.
Oh I thought with his criminal record that surely he was one of Jerry's boys...

It is not within my authority to say anyone should be fired for exercising their freedom of speech. Those who do exercise that right, however, have to accept the consequences for doing so.

The NFL Commish fired back at Trump after the President's comment. Obviously he either has not seen all the polls / evidence showing how the product that is the NFL, that pays his salary, is being hurt by these protests OR he doesn't care.

If the Commish is a reflection of the NFL as a whole then the NFL is embodying the Democratic Party, refusing to represent or acknowledge the voice of the Amerixan people. The DNC, as a result, lost 'everything' - the House, the Senate, and the WH.

The NFL is on the road to huge losses as well be allowing the NFL to embrace politics. Fans don't turn in for un-Patriotic politics. They tune in for football. If the NFL doesn't tune in to THAT, NFL fans will stop tuning in to them.

The NFL Commish fired back at Trump after the President's comment. Obviously he either has not seen all the polls / evidence showing how the product that is the NFL, that pays his salary, is being hurt by these protests OR he doesn't care.
The commish puts the constitution above his pocketbook.

You sound like a Trumper.
There's right
There's wrong
And there's business.

And making money "trumps" right and wrong.

It is not within my authority to say anyone should be fired for exercising their freedom of speech. Those who do exercise that right, however, have to accept the consequences for doing so.

If the Commish is a reflection of the NFL as a whole then the NFL is embodying the Democratic Party, refusing to represent or acknowledge the voice of the Amerixan people. The DNC, as a result, lost 'everything' - the House, the Senate, and the WH.

The NFL is on the road to huge losses as well be allowing the NFL to embrace politics. Fans don't turn in for un-Patriotic politics. They tune in for football. If the NFL doesn't tune in to THAT, NFL fans will stop tuning in to them.
Sure. The Commissioner has no idea about the trends impacting the game. He knows very well that the protests are essentially a sideshow in the overall decline of interest in the NFL. And folks like you want to make it all about the protests. It's just factually inaccurate to say it is a primary cause. The trend started to soften 36 months ago, prior to the protests. You are conflating the NFL with "all Democrats" because you have a need to demonize.

Leave sports alone unless you know the facts.

Forum List

Back