🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Right as usual Mr. Trump - NFL protesters should be canned

Wonders why Foo doesn't start threads about ANIFTA trying to shut down free speech?

It's a mystery...:rolleyes:

Antifa is not the President of the United States.

Didn't you know that?

ANTIFA members who go beyond peaceful protests are criminals and should be severely prosecuted.

NFL players are peaceful protestors. I made that point clear.

Anything else?
What exactly are they protesting? Living in a country that gives them the freedom to make millions of dollars playing a freakin' game?

Country, Freedom, that is exactly what they are exercising here their rights.
And we are exercising our right to stay home so we don't have to watch this despicable behavior.

Go right ahead and stay home, it's too expensive anyway. Don't watch on TV. No one cares.

BTW I stand for the anthem when it is played at local sporting events, but I don't want some goddamn do-gooder telling me I have to. That shit doesn't fly with me.

When you have a contract with an NFL team, then you do what the owner tells you to do, which includes standing for the National Anthem.

Billy_Kinetta, post: 18202657
But there is no guarantee there will be no consequences. You are free to speak. I am free to reject your speech

Absolutely. But what Trump is doing as president is taking the white nationalist side in the batter. I reject his hate driven politically motivated tactics.

You can reject that too.

Trump has more presidential chores to tend to than calling for the firing of NFL S-O-Bs in a campaign speech in Alabama.

This President will always "side with" decent, stand up, legitimate American's...whack-jobs on the Left can't wrap their heads around the idea of top down governing....the backward, filthy, indecent fucks honestly believe government should run this nation for our lowest grade.
I know it sucks for you and all but get use to working toward a higher grade society as America becomes American again....haha

Wonders why Foo doesn't start threads about ANIFTA trying to shut down free speech?

It's a mystery...:rolleyes:

Didn't you know that?

ANTIFA members who go beyond peaceful protests are criminals and should be severely prosecuted.

Anything else?
What exactly are they protesting? Living in a country that gives them the freedom to make millions of dollars playing a freakin' game?

Yes, and the fans are exercising their freedom to stay home.

Didn't you know that?

Anything else?

And we are exercising our right to stay home so we don't have to watch this despicable behavior.

Go right ahead and stay home, it's too expensive anyway. Don't watch on TV. No one cares.

BTW I stand for the anthem when it is played at local sporting events, but I don't want some goddamn do-gooder telling me I have to. That shit doesn't fly with me.

When you have a contract with an NFL team, then you do what the owner tells you to do, which includes standing for the National Anthem.

If it's written into the contract. I don't and I doubt you know if it's in their contract. I don't care one way or another. If you're going to bitch about the constitution being turned upside down but then say they have to stand (if not written in the contract) what does that make you? A hypocrite? I don't know.

It is the responsibility of the American people to inform the owners of what a disgrace these players have become. The best way to do it?

18 minutes before kickoff........

The image is Hurricane Stadium in Tulsa Oklahoma. It has nothing to do with the NFL.

Tulsa, OK?

That is Miami, dipshit.

The problem with people like you is you THINK you're so smart and know everything. Get a fucking clue.

I Googled the photo and it said it was Hurricane Stadium, which is in Tulsa Oklahoma.

Miami would make more sense than Tulsa considering the name but that's what Google returned.

If it is Miami, then that's a college stadium and STILL has nothing to do with the NFL.

Moreover -- I've now found the picture with its original article and it's not only not from the NFL --- It's from five years ago.

Last edited:

First of all, I'd like to state I don't care for the idea of NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem.
However, those who died defending our country, were also defending our Constitution. And the Constitution defends the NFL players right, to kneel during the anthem.
It's really sad, that we have a president, who is so clueless about the Constitution. Dotard Trump has shown how clueless about the specifics of the Constitution multiple times. Either that, or he could give a shit about the Constitution. It's either one or the other.
In either case, it's very, very, very,,,,,,,SAD!
Under Obama we were forced to buy insurance. A baker was forced to bake a cake. Girls were forced to share locker rooms with men. Silence from liberals, but let something go against the United States and they support it all the way. A coach had a bunch of third grade football players kneel during the anthem. Anti Americanism seems to be the left's new narrative.

Do you really think serious football fans are so saturated in politics that they would refuse to go to the games about an issue like kneeling during the Anthem? Not the vast majority of people who fill those seats, no.
The exorbitant price for ticket, being early in the season, the individual teams' performance, and possibly a slow change in spectator sports same as there has been in watching movies at the theater. More comfortable and sometimes a much better view on a jumbo screen tv someplace where you can have a glass of beer that doesn't cost you more than a six pack at the 7-11. And don't forget the frisk at the door if you go to the stadium.
Just not sure this is as much about kneeling and politics as y'all think.

Exactly. I took a GF and her 90 year old father to a baseball game and it set me back two hundred bucks. And that was nine years ago. That's a big point --- Big Sport has long since made cash cows out of their sports, and it's just not affordable any more. There had to be a saturation point, and that's what capitalism seeks. Whelp--- here it is.

Could also be ----- horror of horrors ---- that people are getting tired of watching mindless violence with little finesse involved.

Man, this is the kind of POTUS we've needed in America.

-Geaux

Oh please. We needed a POTUS who spits in the face of the Constitution he swore to "preserve protect and defend"?

Too funny. Kaepernick and like-minded can express a childishly nonsensical opinion and be labeled patriotic by you people. Trump expresses an opinion agreed with by most Americans - as shown by the NFL's rapidly diminishing ratings - and is labeled as "spitting on the Constitution".

Again, what the hell is wrong with you people? That's not even logical behavior.

Maybe some people are thinking that Trump's starting to act like a dictator and this is their way of expressing that feeling. As long as their way of protest is non violent, ok by me.

I agree, but they really should provide some evidence of dictatorial behavior.

I have seen none myself, but do recall that the same people were silent when Obama often exhibited said behavior for eight years.

It is the responsibility of the American people to inform the owners of what a disgrace these players have become. The best way to do it?

The image is Hurricane Stadium in Tulsa Oklahoma. It has nothing to do with the NFL.
Miami. Just one example of what is quickly spreading throughout the nation (at every level). Have you heard the latest, Pogo? It's been suggested that the NFL play in London so they can have a packed stadium. Yes, take your teams out of the country so that another country can root for your American teams. Perhaps they can change their name to IFL (International Football League) while they are at it. Anyway you look at it this is not going to end well for the NFL. The best thing to do is confront the problem head on and fire the players who are presently costing them millions of dollars in revenue.

No, I really don't follow the NFL. I used to, to a point, but like many people I got rid of my TV.

Tulsa, OK?

That is Miami, dipshit.

The problem with people like you is you THINK you're so smart and know everything. Get a fucking clue.
Have you ever been mistaken? Don't be so quick to criticize an innocent mistake. Pogo is very intelligent. He never claimed to know everything. Neither could you. Don't be rude.

Thank you Jeri -- that's why I like you .... you're sincere. :)

I am so tired of the only argument you folks can come up with is racism. The anti-American football players need put out of business and into another country. The constant scream of racism is in fact racism. Go away.

So now you're anti american for not standing for the anthem? Can you quote me a law that says one has to stand or place their hand over their heart if they are a civilian?
You don't. And the rest of us don't have to pay good money to watch you snub your country.

Why the fuck do you care if someone stands, sits, kneels or does cartwheels while the anthem is playing? Just who the fuck died and gave you some kind of authority? Bet yet you want your 2nd amendment rights honored. You pick and choose what amendments you're for and against. Go stick your head up your ass for the day.
I have the authority to have whatever opinion of your despicable behavior I like. The Constitution protects my 2nd Amendment rights. I support the entire Bill of Rights. However, that doesn't mean I have to approve of how some weasel like Kaepernick chooses to use his. If the NFL owners want to allow such behavior, they can suffer the consequences.

It sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Fingerboy apparently thinks the Bill of Rights appears under a heading saying "choose up to three".

If it's written into the contract. I don't and I doubt you know if it's in their contract. I don't care one way or another. If you're going to bitch about the constitution being turned upside down but then say they have to stand (if not written in the contract) what does that make you? A hypocrite? I don't know.
It is in their contract, dingbat.

How is the Constitution being turned upside down? You ilk defends ANTIFA assaulting peaceful protestors at Berkley, and then you claim the NFL owners don't have the right to set standards of behavior for their players when they are on the field.

I am so tired of the only argument you folks can come up with is racism. The anti-American football players need put out of business and into another country. The constant scream of racism is in fact racism. Go away.

So now you're anti american for not standing for the anthem? Can you quote me a law that says one has to stand or place their hand over their heart if they are a civilian?
You don't. And the rest of us don't have to pay good money to watch you snub your country.

Why the fuck do you care if someone stands, sits, kneels or does cartwheels while the anthem is playing? Just who the fuck died and gave you some kind of authority? Bet yet you want your 2nd amendment rights honored. You pick and choose what amendments you're for and against. Go stick your head up your ass for the day.
I have the authority to have whatever opinion of your despicable behavior I like. The Constitution protects my 2nd Amendment rights. I support the entire Bill of Rights. However, that doesn't mean I have to approve of how some weasel like Kaepernick chooses to use his. If the NFL owners want to allow such behavior, they can suffer the consequences.

Fingerboy apparently thinks the Bill of Rights appears under a heading saying "choose up to three".
How am I "having it both ways?" Do you claim NFL owners don't have the right to set standards of behavior for their players when they are on the field?

It is in their contract, dingbat.

How is the Constitution being turned upside down? You ilk defends ANTIFA assaulting peaceful protestors at Berkley, and then you claim the NFL owners don't have the right to set standards of behavior for their players when they are on the field.
I generally agree with your logic in this thread but always have the caution that if at first we opine that people stand with their hands on heart (as I taught my kids --- I even had to teach them the Pledge due to their school but that's another story), then the next step is that they aren't doing it "right". Or they aren't singing with sufficient conviction. At a certain point our behavioral expectations become overwhelming and absurd.

But generally I would coach these players to do it different,y but at the end of the day wouldn't get my panties in a bunch if they stood on one foot and used a kazoo to hum Tumbling Dice by the Stones. I wouldn't do it that way but if I were President (God help us all) I would think this wouldn't be in my TopHundred list of things I was using my bully pulpit for.

upload_2017-9-23_11-11-27.png

The Bill of Rights protects us from government. It doesn't protect us from having to do what the boss tells us to do, dumbass.

Do you really think serious football fans are so saturated in politics that they would refuse to go to the games about an issue like kneeling during the Anthem? Not the vast majority of people who fill those seats, no.
The exorbitant price for ticket, being early in the season, the individual teams' performance, and possibly a slow change in spectator sports same as there has been in watching movies at the theater. More comfortable and sometimes a much better view on a jumbo screen tv someplace where you can have a glass of beer that doesn't cost you more than a six pack at the 7-11. And don't forget the frisk at the door if you go to the stadium.
Just not sure this is as much about kneeling and politics as y'all think.

Exactly. I took a GF and her 90 year old father to a baseball game and it set me back two hundred bucks. And that was nine years ago. That's a big point --- Big Sport has long since made cash cows out of their sports, and it's just not affordable any more. There had to be a saturation point, and that's what capitalism seeks. Whelp--- here it is.

Could also be ----- horror of horrors ---- that people are getting tired of watching mindless violence with little finesse involved.
You do realize tv ratings are way down also?

Forum List

Back