🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Right as usual Mr. Trump - NFL protesters should be canned

I am so tired of the only argument you folks can come up with is racism. The anti-American football players need put out of business and into another country. The constant scream of racism is in fact racism. Go away.

So now you're anti american for not standing for the anthem? Can you quote me a law that says one has to stand or place their hand over their heart if they are a civilian?
You don't. And the rest of us don't have to pay good money to watch you snub your country.

Why the fuck do you care if someone stands, sits, kneels or does cartwheels while the anthem is playing? Just who the fuck died and gave you some kind of authority? Bet yet you want your 2nd amendment rights honored. You pick and choose what amendments you're for and against. Go stick your head up your ass for the day.
I have the authority to have whatever opinion of your despicable behavior I like. The Constitution protects my 2nd Amendment rights. I support the entire Bill of Rights. However, that doesn't mean I have to approve of how some weasel like Kaepernick chooses to use his. If the NFL owners want to allow such behavior, they can suffer the consequences.

It sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Fingerboy apparently thinks the Bill of Rights appears under a heading saying "choose up to three".

Why do you struggle to understand the situation?
Employees of companies are not protected by the Constitution as you want to believe they are. When an employee is on an employers clock they are representing the employer, the employer dictates the employees conduct. Employers decide how they want to be represented and perceived. Clearly the NFL does not want to look like disrespectful anti-American pieces of shits. Further, the language used in NFL player agreements make it crystal clear that players are not to push any personal agendas while in the employers uniform...simple shit and one should understand exactly what that means.
Look, that ignorant negro fucked himself...he chose the wrong platform...plus, only half his life matters as he's only half black.
image.jpg

Do you really think serious football fans are so saturated in politics that they would refuse to go to the games about an issue like kneeling during the Anthem? Not the vast majority of people who fill those seats, no.
The exorbitant price for ticket, being early in the season, the individual teams' performance, and possibly a slow change in spectator sports same as there has been in watching movies at the theater. More comfortable and sometimes a much better view on a jumbo screen tv someplace where you can have a glass of beer that doesn't cost you more than a six pack at the 7-11. And don't forget the frisk at the door if you go to the stadium.
Just not sure this is as much about kneeling and politics as y'all think.

Exactly. I took a GF and her 90 year old father to a baseball game and it set me back two hundred bucks. And that was nine years ago. That's a big point --- Big Sport has long since made cash cows out of their sports, and it's just not affordable any more. There had to be a saturation point, and that's what capitalism seeks. Whelp--- here it is.

Could also be ----- horror of horrors ---- that people are getting tired of watching mindless violence with little finesse involved.
You do realize tv ratings are way down also?
They've been soft for over 36 months. They started softening well before Kap's protests. Investigate the matter and you will see that there are some massive trends working against NFL viewers, including alternative means of viewing, slow pace of play, watered down product, Goodell's hamhanded tactics with player discipline, and above all, "that concussion thing."

It' ain't just the protests, although they appear to be a very mild contributing factor.

If anything such "protests" --- misnamed since they're a passive refusal to commit an action rather than an active commission of one) probably INcrease TV viewing, since marginal viewers who really didn't care to follow football, now might likely tune in at least at the start, just to watch for "controversies". The same way people might watch NASCAR races on the chance they might see a nasty accident.

Oh by the way --- NASCAR ratings are tanking too. What's the excuse there?

>> The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup race at Sonoma on FS1 Sunday finished with a 2.0 final rating and 3.2 million viewers. That’s down 17% in ratings and viewership from last year (2.4/3.9 million).

That’s the lowest rating for the race dating back to 1998 and lowest viewership since 2002. Sports Media Watch points out that when the race aired on TNT in 2012, Sonoma had a 3.3 rating and 5.2 million viewers. For the season, Fox/FS1’s 15 Cup races either set or tied a multi-year ratings low. Twelve races set or tied multi-year viewership lows.

Back in March, we noted the low ratings and how NASCAR has tried to stem the tide with various tweaks to the points system, changes on how races are run, but they still haven’t been enough to reverse the fall. <<
I'm not sure how MLB is doing but I do know they've been holding fire sales on selling MLB-TV and that's an indication too.

CONTEXT, people -- Context.

So now you're anti american for not standing for the anthem? Can you quote me a law that says one has to stand or place their hand over their heart if they are a civilian?
You don't. And the rest of us don't have to pay good money to watch you snub your country.

Why the fuck do you care if someone stands, sits, kneels or does cartwheels while the anthem is playing? Just who the fuck died and gave you some kind of authority? Bet yet you want your 2nd amendment rights honored. You pick and choose what amendments you're for and against. Go stick your head up your ass for the day.
I have the authority to have whatever opinion of your despicable behavior I like. The Constitution protects my 2nd Amendment rights. I support the entire Bill of Rights. However, that doesn't mean I have to approve of how some weasel like Kaepernick chooses to use his. If the NFL owners want to allow such behavior, they can suffer the consequences.

It sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it?

Having it both ways: Priceless.

Fingerboy apparently thinks the Bill of Rights appears under a heading saying "choose up to three".

Why do you struggle to understand the situation?
Employees of companies are not protected by the Constitution as you want to believe they are. When an employee is on an employers clock they are representing the employer, the employer dictates the employees conduct. Employers decide how they want to be represented and perceived. Clearly the NFL does not want to look like disrespectful anti-American pieces of shits. Further, the language used in NFL player agreements make it crystal clear that players are not to push any personal agendas while in the employers uniform...simple shit and one should understand exactly what that means.
Look, that ignorant negro fucked himself...he chose the wrong platform...plus, only half his life matters as he's only half black.
image.jpg

You're addressing points I never made. Might want to learn how to read.

And the history has nothing to do with blacks, it is about the war of 1812 between the Americans and the British.
And the unsung verses are about the author's hopes escaped slaves fighting on the Brit side will be killed in order to wash out their 'pollution'.

The NFL is on the road to huge losses as well be allowing the NFL to embrace politics. Fans don't turn in for un-Patriotic politics. They tune in for football. If the NFL doesn't tune in to THAT, NFL fans will stop tuning in to them.
Exactly. People take refuge in sport BECAUSE it is not political. Sport, unlike most, if not all aspects of our lives, is the only true egalitarian activity. A person or team of persons, with a strict set of rules engage in an activity. Those who can execute the best win. People are drawn to sport, for this reason. When sports leagues begin to allow the politics of the outside world to creep in they veer from their purpose. When they deviate, people lose interest.

I dont like the orange monkey. The NFL players should tell him to go suck a dick.

Usually when folks protest, they are demanding something.

I would side with them, but now that kids in high school and junior high are taking the knee, I'm a bit confused, what are their demands exactly?

1st amendment maybe? Freedom of expression? Many of us vets served so people could exercise their rights but now many vets and others want to take that away. Go figure.

It's their right if they don't want to stand or want to kneel.
LOL! You liberals so stupid! You don't now shit about rights. The first amendment and all our rights protects us from the government, not an employer telling you not to say something on his dime. OMG the stupid never ends!

Do you really think serious football fans are so saturated in politics that they would refuse to go to the games about an issue like kneeling during the Anthem? Not the vast majority of people who fill those seats, no.
The exorbitant price for ticket, being early in the season, the individual teams' performance, and possibly a slow change in spectator sports same as there has been in watching movies at the theater. More comfortable and sometimes a much better view on a jumbo screen tv someplace where you can have a glass of beer that doesn't cost you more than a six pack at the 7-11. And don't forget the frisk at the door if you go to the stadium.
Just not sure this is as much about kneeling and politics as y'all think.

Exactly. I took a GF and her 90 year old father to a baseball game and it set me back two hundred bucks. And that was nine years ago. That's a big point --- Big Sport has long since made cash cows out of their sports, and it's just not affordable any more. There had to be a saturation point, and that's what capitalism seeks. Whelp--- here it is.

Could also be ----- horror of horrors ---- that people are getting tired of watching mindless violence with little finesse involved.
You do realize tv ratings are way down also?
They've been soft for over 36 months. They started softening well before Kap's protests. Investigate the matter and you will see that there are some massive trends working against NFL viewers, including alternative means of viewing, slow pace of play, watered down product, Goodell's hamhanded tactics with player discipline, and above all, "that concussion thing."

It' ain't just the protests, although they appear to be a very mild contributing factor.

If anything such "protests" --- misnamed since they're a passive refusal to commit an action rather than an active commission of one) probably INcrease TV viewing, since marginal viewers who really didn't care to follow football, now might likely tune in at least at the start, just to watch for "controversies". The same way people might watch NASCAR races on the chance they might see a nasty accident.

Oh by the way --- NASCAR ratings are tanking too. What's the excuse there?

>> The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup race at Sonoma on FS1 Sunday finished with a 2.0 final rating and 3.2 million viewers. That’s down 17% in ratings and viewership from last year (2.4/3.9 million).

That’s the lowest rating for the race dating back to 1998 and lowest viewership since 2002. Sports Media Watch points out that when the race aired on TNT in 2012, Sonoma had a 3.3 rating and 5.2 million viewers. For the season, Fox/FS1’s 15 Cup races either set or tied a multi-year ratings low. Twelve races set or tied multi-year viewership lows.

Back in March, we noted the low ratings and how NASCAR has tried to stem the tide with various tweaks to the points system, changes on how races are run, but they still haven’t been enough to reverse the fall. <<
I'm not sure how MLB is doing but I do know they've been holding fire sales on selling MLB-TV and that's an indication too.

CONTEXT, people -- Context.

Yes I was arguing with some other close minded person about NFL softness, but you are correct. The mega trend is away from these organized sporting events due to the proliferation of alternative (and cheaper) entertainment.

People on my side like to rag on ESPN for it's politics. They made a move to appeal to the black demographic because white viewership was down due to the megatrends. Chicken and egg. Some of the more knee jerk conservatives on my side think it was the other way around. ESPN made a business decision because it saw softness in these major sports. NBA, Jemelle and try listening to ESPN radio in the afternoon, it's all NBA.

ESPN also made horrible decisions on rights packages for these NFL, NBA, and even college BBall and football. THAT is what is motivating them and the Mouse, not all this hoo ha about politics. The politics followed the business decisions, not the other way around.

I dont like the orange monkey. The NFL players should tell him to go suck a dick.

I would side with them, but now that kids in high school and junior high are taking the knee, I'm a bit confused, what are their demands exactly?
To stop playing the racist national anthem probably. i was so proud of a family friends daughter who refused to stand for the anthem. Her and my daughter both play volleyball and there was a shit storm. I actually had to challenge some of the crackas in the stand. I let them know if they said anything else they were going to have to deal with me.
Go back to Africa

The NFL is on the road to huge losses as well be allowing the NFL to embrace politics. Fans don't turn in for un-Patriotic politics. They tune in for football. If the NFL doesn't tune in to THAT, NFL fans will stop tuning in to them.
Exactly. People take refuge in sport BECAUSE it is not political. Sport, unlike most, if not all aspects of our lives, is the only true egalitarian activity. A person or team of persons, with a strict set of rules engage in an activity. Those who can execute the best win. People are drawn to sport, for this reason. When sports leagues begin to allow the politics of the outside world to creep in they veer from their purpose. When they deviate, people lose interest.
I sort of agree and sort of disagree. It's easy to make these predictions about how the NFL is fading when for the last 36 months, the NFL has been fading. Then you can ascribe any reason you want to the future decline of which you speak. It's like saying "that car is gonna go over that cliff" as you watch it roll towards the precipice.

Av, you sound like a football follower, you know that there has been a growing disinterest in the game for a TON of reasons prior to Kap taking a knee.

1st amendment maybe? Freedom of expression? Many of us vets served so people could exercise their rights but now many vets and others want to take that away. Go figure.

It's their right if they don't want to stand or want to kneel.
LOL! You liberals so stupid! You don't now shit about rights. The first amendment and all our rights protects us from the government, not an employer telling you not to say something on his dime. OMG the stupid never ends!

And yet we just had the so-called head of the Executive branch...part of the government, state that they should be fired.

Sport, unlike most, if not all aspects of our lives, is the only true egalitarian activity. A person or team of persons, with a strict set of rules engage in an activity. Those who can execute the best win. People are drawn to sport, for this reason. .

Most people are drawn to sports because they can bet on the outcome.

Just look at a newspaper and see how much coverage there are of the "stats" the point spreads, the dream teams.

The NFL Commish fired back at Trump after the President's comment. Obviously he either has not seen all the polls / evidence showing how the product that is the NFL, that pays his salary, is being hurt by these protests OR he doesn't care.
The commish puts the constitution above his pocketbook.
No one is saying players can't express themselves. The Pres is just voicing what most people think. They don't want to see it.

Many jobs have policies that state while represnting their company such public displays are not allowed. That's not un-Constitutional.

As far as I know there is no NFL rule stating players must stand for the national anthem so if they want to take a knee so be it they can also take the blowback that comes with it.

Sport, unlike most, if not all aspects of our lives, is the only true egalitarian activity. A person or team of persons, with a strict set of rules engage in an activity. Those who can execute the best win. People are drawn to sport, for this reason. .

Most people are drawn to sports because they can bet on the outcome.

Just look at a newspaper and see how much coverage there are of the "stats" the point spreads, the dream teams.
There have been a few studies that indicate were it not for fantasy football the NFL's slide over the past five years in interest would've been more dramatic. Which raises all kinds of interesting dilemmas for Goodell.

It is not within my authority to say anyone should be fired for exercising their freedom of speech. Those who do exercise that right, however, have to accept the consequences for doing so.

The NFL Commish fired back at Trump after the President's comment. Obviously he either has not seen all the polls / evidence showing how the product that is the NFL, that pays his salary, is being hurt by these protests OR he doesn't care.

If the Commish is a reflection of the NFL as a whole then the NFL is embodying the Democratic Party, refusing to represent or acknowledge the voice of the Amerixan people. The DNC, as a result, lost 'everything' - the House, the Senate, and the WH.

Sure. The Commissioner has no idea about the trends impacting the game. He knows very well that the protests are essentially a sideshow in the overall decline of interest in the NFL. And folks like you want to make it all about the protests. It's just factually inaccurate to say it is a primary cause. The trend started to soften 36 months ago, prior to the protests. You are conflating the NFL with "all Democrats" because you have a need to demonize.

Leave sports alone unless you know the facts.
I know a lot of Democrats who want Collin and his ilk to STFU and go away. I am not pointing at all Democrats, just a-holes like Kaepernick.

Tell you what, I like our POUS. His blunt honesty is refreshing. I like most of his policies. And the way he tells PC to get fkd is even better.

Trump is right as usual here. These "protesters" are wrong & disrespectful attention whores. For too many reasons they should be fired. Jerry Jones laid down the law immediately too. Go figure they had a great season.

Trump says NFL should fire players who kneel during anthem

At the very least, players who refuse to stand and respect this country should have to stay in the locker room until after the anthem is played.
Who said they dont respect the country? Its the anthem that they dont respect.

I disagree. Among other things,I think they're generally disrespectful.

Forum List

Back