🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Right as usual Mr. Trump - NFL protesters should be canned

Do you really think serious football fans are so saturated in politics that they would refuse to go to the games about an issue like kneeling during the Anthem? Not the vast majority of people who fill those seats, no.
The exorbitant price for ticket, being early in the season, the individual teams' performance, and possibly a slow change in spectator sports same as there has been in watching movies at the theater. More comfortable and sometimes a much better view on a jumbo screen tv someplace where you can have a glass of beer that doesn't cost you more than a six pack at the 7-11. And don't forget the frisk at the door if you go to the stadium.
Just not sure this is as much about kneeling and politics as y'all think.

Exactly. I took a GF and her 90 year old father to a baseball game and it set me back two hundred bucks. And that was nine years ago. That's a big point --- Big Sport has long since made cash cows out of their sports, and it's just not affordable any more. There had to be a saturation point, and that's what capitalism seeks. Whelp--- here it is.

Could also be ----- horror of horrors ---- that people are getting tired of watching mindless violence with little finesse involved.
I'm not a fan of either football or baseball, but I did take a few folks from the group home to our local farm team's Free Admission baseball game once and it was fun. I had no clue what was going on; took my cue from the cheering around me and hoped they were cheering for the right team. It was a pleasant afternoon, what with the peanuts and popcorn, fresh air, and general good fun. Pretty sure our team lost, but my folks had plenty of reasons to explain that and no one really cared. I don't think it's that way in the Big Leagues.
As you say, professional football has reached its saturation point.

As for all the people here turning this into a political bone to chew, I have a simple solution:
Stop playing the national anthem at the start of games. As we learned months ago when there was a lot of bellyaching about CK taking a knee, the tradition of playing the anthem was begun by the Red Sox to increase attendance at their games, which had been getting really lackluster turn out. It worked and everyone else picked it up. It's not Holy Writ.

Sounds like what you saw was the real game --- in MLB they would take that and load it up with relentless splash and gimmickry and endless parades of who-cares distractions, all of it there to justify the small ransom they charged you at the gate. And somewhere in the middle of all the gimmickry there's a baseball game going on.

Same thing that happens if you go to a Big Music concert. I worked a stage where one artist named Faith Hill brought in three tractor trailiers, literally, of equipment to do the show--- on one of them was a giant road case that took seven people to move to the stage... then inside that case there was -- a grand piano. This despite the fact that the venue had three grand pianos available to roll out on request. Except for one thing --- it wasn't a grand piano, it was only a grand piano shell with no harp, no hammers, no keys. This is turned at an angle where you can't see the keyboard from the audience, and then a $200 Yamaha keyboard is laid on it for the keys player, and you in the audience are left to think they're playing a real grand piano. That's why you end up bringing three tractor trailers to put on a show.

Gimmickry gives me the urge to regurge.

I dont like the orange monkey. The NFL players should tell him to go suck a dick.

Usually when folks protest, they are demanding something.

I would side with them, but now that kids in high school and junior high are taking the knee, I'm a bit confused, what are their demands exactly?

1st amendment maybe? Freedom of expression? Many of us vets served so people could exercise their rights but now many vets and others want to take that away. Go figure.

It's their right if they don't want to stand or want to kneel.

Not if their employer says otherwise.

Do you really think serious football fans are so saturated in politics that they would refuse to go to the games about an issue like kneeling during the Anthem? Not the vast majority of people who fill those seats, no.
The exorbitant price for ticket, being early in the season, the individual teams' performance, and possibly a slow change in spectator sports same as there has been in watching movies at the theater. More comfortable and sometimes a much better view on a jumbo screen tv someplace where you can have a glass of beer that doesn't cost you more than a six pack at the 7-11. And don't forget the frisk at the door if you go to the stadium.
Just not sure this is as much about kneeling and politics as y'all think.

Exactly. I took a GF and her 90 year old father to a baseball game and it set me back two hundred bucks. And that was nine years ago. That's a big point --- Big Sport has long since made cash cows out of their sports, and it's just not affordable any more. There had to be a saturation point, and that's what capitalism seeks. Whelp--- here it is.

Could also be ----- horror of horrors ---- that people are getting tired of watching mindless violence with little finesse involved.
I'm not a fan of either football or baseball, but I did take a few folks from the group home to our local farm team's Free Admission baseball game once and it was fun. I had no clue what was going on; took my cue from the cheering around me and hoped they were cheering for the right team. It was a pleasant afternoon, what with the peanuts and popcorn, fresh air, and general good fun. Pretty sure our team lost, but my folks had plenty of reasons to explain that and no one really cared. I don't think it's that way in the Big Leagues.
As you say, professional football has reached its saturation point.

As for all the people here turning this into a political bone to chew, I have a simple solution:
Stop playing the national anthem at the start of games. As we learned months ago when there was a lot of bellyaching about CK taking a knee, the tradition of playing the anthem was begun by the Red Sox to increase attendance at their games, which had been getting really lackluster turn out. It worked and everyone else picked it up. It's not Holy Writ.

Sounds like what you saw was the real game --- in MLB they would take that and load it up with relentless splash and gimmickry and endless parades of who-cares distractions, all of it there to justify the small ransom they charged you at the gate. And somewhere in the middle of all the gimmickry there's a baseball game going on.

Same thing that happens if you go to a Big Music concert. I worked a stage where one artist named Faith Hill brought in three tractor trailiers, literally, of equipment to do the show--- on one of them was a giant road case that took seven people to move to the stage... then inside that case there was -- a grand piano. This despite the fact that the venue had three grand pianos available to roll out on request. Except for one thing --- it wasn't a grand piano, it was only a grand piano shell with no harp, no hammers, no keys. This is turned at an angle where you can't see the keyboard from the audience, and then a $200 Yamaha keyboard is laid on it for the keys player, and you in the audience are left to think they're playing a real grand piano. That's why you end up bringing three tractor trailers to put on a show.

Gimmickry gives me the urge to regurge.

The noise between innings and between plays in hockey and bball is intolerable. Takes away from the rhythm of the game.

Exactly. People take refuge in sport BECAUSE it is not political. Sport, unlike most, if not all aspects of our lives, is the only true egalitarian activity. A person or team of persons, with a strict set of rules engage in an activity. Those who can execute the best win. People are drawn to sport, for this reason. When sports leagues begin to allow the politics of the outside world to creep in they veer from their purpose. When they deviate, people lose interest.
Av, you sound like a football follower, you know that there has been a growing disinterest in the game for a TON of reasons prior to Kap taking a knee.
Correct, it has been declining. However, one of the most important and overlooked is generational. Millennial's do not follow sports teams and leagues the way that other previous generations (Boom, X, Y) have. They prefer to engage in an activity or simply ignore it. Also, when they do follow sports their tastes are different. Witness the rise in the popularity of UFC v. Boxing and Soccer v. American Football and the slow death of baseball and golf. I saw a regular soccer game on television yesterday held at Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta that had an attendance of 47,000. This was not a cup final or a World Cup match. This was a regular league game...47K. Times are changing.
How about the LA Coliseum games so far? Contrast USC v Texas with the Rams games. Ugly. Remember how they used to call it the Mausoleum? It's baaaaaack!
Yes! The Chargers are doing even worse and they are playing in a 35K seat soccer stadium. Dumb move if you ask me to move two teams to LA in two year span. I dont care about it being the second largest market in the country. The demographic forecasts advised against it and now they are paying the price. To quote the Thai...Som nom na...serves you right.

Not to digress, but that is a team I just can't figure out. For years, Philip Rivers is like a world beater for the first six games every season then they tail off into oblivion. Doesn't help that they are in the AFC West I guess, that division is probably the best in football.
Dude, I grew up in San Diego...I cant figure them out either. They exist under a black cloud. They have had some moderately successful years but have never closed the deal STS.
Oh well...off to LA.

The employer has the right to prohibit his employees protesting anything during their work hours. That's the bottom line. When they get off work, they can protest along with the St. Louis criminals robbing stores on their own time.

Actually, refusing to play the part of puppet for a patriotism-prostitution parade isn't an "act of protest". It isn't an act at all. It's the refusal TO act.
^^^^This would be interesting if you haven't displayed your anti-American stance over and over again on this very board, Pogster. If the players do not like the American Anthem, making millions in the very country they despise, they can GTFO and take you with them. Nobody knows what they protest anyway.

Once AGAIN for the slowfooted reader --- "the anthem" itself is in no way the point here. PIMPING IT is the point.
^^^^Once more you are displaying the little man syndrome what plagues your life. Playing the national anthem regularly at sporting events dates back to WWII where (yes) the government was whipping up nationalist emotions in order to gain popular support in fighting somebody else's war in Europe.
https://www.quora.com/How-did-the-N...t-the-beginning-of-American-pro-sports-events

TheDude, post: 18201863
. His blunt honesty is refreshing.

Telling business men to fire certain employees (minority players) for their peaceful protest is refreshing to you. What purpose does Trump's racial preference serve for the nation?

Is it keeping blacks in their place part if making Anerica Great again.

Exactly. People take refuge in sport BECAUSE it is not political. Sport, unlike most, if not all aspects of our lives, is the only true egalitarian activity. A person or team of persons, with a strict set of rules engage in an activity. Those who can execute the best win. People are drawn to sport, for this reason. When sports leagues begin to allow the politics of the outside world to creep in they veer from their purpose. When they deviate, people lose interest.
Av, you sound like a football follower, you know that there has been a growing disinterest in the game for a TON of reasons prior to Kap taking a knee.
Correct, it has been declining. However, one of the most important and overlooked is generational. Millennial's do not follow sports teams and leagues the way that other previous generations (Boom, X, Y) have. They prefer to engage in an activity or simply ignore it. Also, when they do follow sports their tastes are different. Witness the rise in the popularity of UFC v. Boxing and Soccer v. American Football and the slow death of baseball and golf. I saw a regular soccer game on television yesterday held at Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta that had an attendance of 47,000. This was not a cup final or a World Cup match. This was a regular league game...47K. Times are changing.
How about the LA Coliseum games so far? Contrast USC v Texas with the Rams games. Ugly. Remember how they used to call it the Mausoleum? It's baaaaaack!
Yes! The Chargers are doing even worse and they are playing in a 35K seat soccer stadium. Dumb move if you ask me to move two teams to LA in two year span. I dont care about it being the second largest market in the country. The demographic forecasts advised against it and now they are paying the price. To quote the Thai...Som nom na...serves you right.

Not to digress, but that is a team I just can't figure out. For years, Philip Rivers is like a world beater for the first six games every season then they tail off into oblivion. Doesn't help that they are in the AFC West I guess, that division is probably the best in football.

Chargers suck dude. Rivers is a good QB, at least as good as Big Ben, IMO. Under Rivers they had one great team. But like many teams before and after, they managed to CHOKE against the Patriots, and the Patriots always take full advantage. Worked out in the end though, allowing Peyton to win a SB with the Colts. There's another suck franchise.

Chargers suck dude. Rivers is a good QB, at least as good as Big Ben, IMO. Under Rivers they had one great team. But like many teams before and after, they managed to CHOKE against the Patriots, and the Patriots always take full advantage. Worked out in the end though, allowing Peyton to win a SB with the Colts. There's another suck franchise.

Man, the difference once Luck went down is amazing to me. They are freaking road kill.

And Av, I don't know how old you are, but I remember that Dan Fouts Kellen Winslow game. Epic.

And the history has nothing to do with blacks, it is about the war of 1812 between the Americans and the British.
And the unsung verses are about the author's hopes escaped slaves fighting on the Brit side will be killed in order to wash out their 'pollution'.
And that's racist how? If they're on the Brit side of course he wanted them dead.

Telling business men to fire certain employees (minority players) for their peaceful protest is refreshing to you. What purpose does Trump's racial preference serve for the nation?

More blacks who didn't stand for the national anthem

size0.jpg

Why no outrage.

Number of those players disrespecting the military and country sure do have lots of money... The irony in this proves President Trump's point yet again.

More blacks who didn't stand for the national anthem

size0.jpg

Why no outrage.
So now you politicize someone who's handicapped on a wheelchair fabricating this picture? Sad!

Kneeling for the anthem is cornball activism.

Fucking pussies. Do some real shit like Jim Brown.

Number of those players disrespecting the military and country sure do have lots of money... The irony in this proves President Trump's point yet again.

You mean like Donald "got a note from his doctor to avoid vietnam" Trump?

You do realize college students already established don't go to war too right? Let's not forget Trump was an entrepreneur before being president. I see you train sign, though. Heh.

giphy.gif

Man, the difference once Luck went down is amazing to me. They are freaking road kill.

And Av, I don't know how old you are, but I remember that Dan Fouts Kellen Winslow game. Epic.

I'm old enough for sure. I'm a former Dolphin fan. They lost me when Marino retired. All that's left is another bad franchise.

Forum List

Back