Right Wing policies failed: S. Carolina raising gas tax for roads; Low taxes failed.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Lawmakers consider gas tax hike to fund road repairs - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports

One of the nations reddest states, SC, has realized it's decades long policies of low corporate taxes at any cost, low local taxes at any cost, low state taxes at any cost......has not worked. Sure, lots of people in the fancy parts of Hilton Head and Charleston got filthy rich. But what about the situation of SC's schools and roads? The state lays claim to some of the nations WORST schools, and some of the WORST roads, many of which are crumbling, costing taxpayers countless dollars in car repairs over the years. The bridges over our rivers and lakes are falling apart.

But dont worry- The Tea Party Queen- Gov Nikki Haley, has made sure Boeing, and BMW, and Amazon got sweetheart tax deals, as well as the states #1 scam- the incredibly high rates of home insurance due to almost no regulation, especially on the coast. THOSE folks are raking in big bucks (In fact, she just named a former insurance CEO and lobbyist as....yep....the state regulator of insurance companies).

But now the fun has begun to run out. They are gonna have to propose raising the gas tax on the people of SC. Low taxes for the rich and powerful just hasn't worked in our state. Sure, the millionaires in Hilton Head and Charleston are cruising the carribean on yachts, living in waterfront mansions. But the rest of the state's people? Suffering. It never trickled down, and now the state's schools and roads are falling apart, it has one of the nations worst rates of violent crime and STD's, and outside of the metro areas of Greenville, Charleston, Myrtle Beach.......the state is basically a shithole of poverty and crime, even though it has embraced right wing ideology for decades.

Oh, and speaking of the TP Queen Nikki Haley. The state is $29 BILLION short to keep their roads running. And Haley said should would oppose "ANY TAX" increase, and directed State House leader Bobby Harrell to "find it" in the current budget.

Um......governor Haley, it just isnt there.

Now what?

Looking to justify the continued use of right wing policies in my state. We've done it for decades. And it has resulted in some of Americas worst schools, worst roads, worst crime rates, worst STD rates, worst worst worst worst of all the worst lists.

BUT, we have a population with some really filthy rich folks in Charleston and Hilton Head, and a few big name corporations that pay almost nothing in taxes and send lots of money through stock dividends back to LA and NYC.

SO, why should I vote Republican, EVER again?

THought it was a legit question.

Looking to justify the continued use of right wing policies in my state. We've done it for decades. And it has resulted in some of Americas worst schools, worst roads, worst crime rates, worst STD rates, worst worst worst worst of all the worst lists.

BUT, we have a population with some really filthy rich folks in Charleston and Hilton Head, and a few big name corporations that pay almost nothing in taxes and send lots of money through stock dividends back to LA and NYC.

holy smoke, you want taxes raised so they TALK about raising them you still BITCH
and please whatever you do don't vote Republican ever again..go into the la la liberal land of voting

"We've already got a raghead in the White House, we don't need another raghead in the governor's mansion." - Republican State Senator Jake Knotts explaining his opposition to Nikki Haley as Governor.

Nikki Haley is of Indian descent. She is a Methodist.

There is something in the water in SC.

Last edited:
"We've already got a raghead in the White House, we don't need another raghead in the governor's mansion." - Republican State Senator Jake Knotts explaining his opposition to Nikki Haley as Governor.

really, you have a link I guess?

Maybe you should just move. I recommend Massachusetts, seeing you like taxes and hate Conservatives.

Let's see, the new radical left wing imagines that raising taxes indicates a failure of leadership. Hmmmm.

Sure. I even have a Fox News link, so you know you can trust it: S.C. State Senator Calls Rival, Obama 'Raghead' | Fox News

Sure. I even have a Fox News link, so you know you can trust it: S.C. State Senator Calls Rival, Obama 'Raghead' | Fox News

I don't give a shit if it's fox news but how funny all of sudden they are legitimate to you

Well according to the righties here taxes are used for takers and entitlements. I guess SC thinks they're entitled to streets and other dumb stuff

Even right wingers can't name a successful policy except for the ones they try to take credit for.

Getting Bin Laden

The Stimulus (more than 100 GOP senators and congressmen took credit for jobs created using stimulus)

The recent jobs report

601568_497359580299726_8590290_n.jpg

I'll take a little more in road taxes than say, any of the mess in Detroit. That is the glowing example of liberal policies and it's a fucking sewer. Can you imagine the entire country being run like Detroit, Chicago or California?

With so many more people on welfare and Medicaid, states struggle to keep up. Of course, vital services, like fire, ambulance and police get cut before anyone would dream of taking someone's tattoo money away. If we had more tax payers and less takers, it would seriously ease the burden. But such is not the case.

Let's see, the new radical left wing imagines that raising taxes indicates a failure of leadership. Hmmmm.

Just watch how fast they flip flop when they defend Obama raising taxes.

Last edited:

Since you're a useless tick, there's no reason for you to vote Republican.

Even right wingers can't name a successful policy except for the ones they try to take credit for.

Getting Bin Laden

The Stimulus (more than 100 GOP senators and congressmen took credit for jobs created using stimulus)

The recent jobs report

Low unemployment is the result of low taxes, limited regulation and a sound money policy - the exact opposite of what liberals demand.

Republicans won't miss you, why don't you just set an example and send in some extra money on your own?

Forum List

Back