RIP David Crosby, famously of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, dead at 81

"The second day's climax came when David Crosby started a planned pie fight with Jefferson Airplane. In all, 250 cream pies flew back and forth . . . and the thousands of people present stormed the stage to join in. The line-up was an impressive one. Admission was $5.50 per day"

EegADnXX0AE8hbo

Stills Air born during a sound check at Monterey Pop Festival, 1967 with Bruce Palmer, Richie Furay, David Crosby and Doug Hastings (all with their backs to the camera).

FUlTimkWUAABVys

An early photo of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Seen here with their first drummer, Dallas Taylor and their first bass player, Bruce Palmer who made it through a few rehearsals and one Henry Diltz photo shoot.

EtgE-UuXAAIFrNk

D1AQg2xW0AEEmyq

from the article:

3. THE JFK STUFF AT MONTEREY

The Monterey International Pop Festival, held over three days in June of 1967, is generally regarded as the first major rock festival and maybe as the dawning of the age of Aquarius. It’s where Jimi Hendrix lit his guitar on fire, where Janis Joplin got discovered, and where white people started to understand that Otis Redding was great and important. David Crosby actually played at Monterey twice — with the Byrds and also with the Buffalo Springfield. (He filled in for his future bandmate Neil Young, who was on the outs with the rest of that band at the time.) At that point, the Byrds were starting to fracture, partly because Crosby was constantly high.

The other Byrds also weren’t too happy about the way David Crosby introduced “He Was A Friend Of Mine”: “When President Kennedy was killed, he was not killed by one man. He was shot from a number of different directions by different guns. The story has been suppressed. Witnesses have been killed. And this is your country, ladies and gentlemen.”

JFK had been dead for less than four years. This was not the kind of thing that you were supposed to say in front of cameras, to an audience of tens of thousands. But David Crosby might’ve been right; by now, I think more people agree with that version than the Oswald-acted-alone narrative. Crosby looked cool as hell up there, too. That fur hat was sick.

The 1990 Crosby, Stills & Nash documentary Long Time Comin’ has some footage that really lays the trio’s whole dynamic bare. At one point, David Crosby and Graham Nash complain about Stephen Stills skipping out on band responsibilities. Then Stills pops up, and he’s furious, screaming what might as well be song lyrics in Crosby’s face: “I’m not gonna cop out an inch to fear! Now, you’ve walked out two fuckin’ days in a row, ya fuckin’ hypocrite! You piss me off!”

While Stills gets all worked up, Crosby just leans back in his hammock, spacing out and making no eye contact. He looks like an actual sloth. Both of them must’ve been utterly maddening, but if you’re going to be in a maddening argument with someone about nothing, you should strive to be the David Crosby, not the Stephen Stills.

Since the OP has ignored the request in #225, tomorrow we will show, via RFK Jr.'s text, why Crosby was compromised both for performing live and for potential "vaccination" against SARS2. The latter carried a fatal risk.

Since the OP has ignored the request in #225, tomorrow we will show, via RFK Jr.'s text, why Crosby was compromised both for performing live and for potential "vaccination" against SARS2. The latter carried a fatal risk.
i didn't ignore anything. i just have nothing to say on the matter as i'm not a medical expert. my personal opinion is i agree with you the vaccine is deadly, but i have no proof, it's just an opinion. but i prefer we honor Crosby's music. if you have any medical opinions on Crosby's death, you are more than welcome to share it, and i'm sure others will be interested!

“It looked like an encampment of a Macedonian army on a Greek hill, crossed with the biggest batch of gypsies you’ve ever seen.” -David Crosby describing Woodstock.

FnA9bPIXwAIefA5

some accused CSNY of being "fake hippie freaks who are master capitalists in disguise"

others referred to Crosby as the figurehead of the band, because he's the most articulate and poetic.

hope you find this useful

Forum List

Back