RIP David Crosby, famously of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, dead at 81

Crosby was kicked out of 10 different schools as a youth. he didn't believe in authority, and didn't respect it

Crosby played with a funk band with his older brother Ethan before joining The Byrds

Joni Mitchell, Eric Clapton and David Crosby sharing a meal at Cass Elliott’s Laurel Canyon house, 1968.

FKbyabhXsAM9oyg

The Beatles I Wanna Hold Your Hand was the earliest known musical influence on a young Crosby, who got inspired to write similar 2 minute pop songs for The Byrds. it was a total ripoff. not many cared or even notice

"wow, man, you can dance to that" - Bob Dylan, upon 1st listening Mr Tambourine Man

the release of the song changed Crosby's life forever. it debuted at no.1 on the US and UK charts. Crosby reveled in the fame, but the rest of the Byrds had a reputation for being "moody"
It is hard to imagine what Bob Dylan must have thought "upon 1st listening" to what they (Byrds) did to his masterpiece. It was OK as they produced it, but it became an entirely different song.

Every time the Byrds are mentioned, I can't help remembering that the Byrds' rendition of the Bob Dylan song "Mr Tambourine Man" (about LSD), was a destruction of one of the greatest songs and pieces of poetry ever written. A fabulous song by Dylan, that relatively few people even today have ever heard, and even fewer understand the words.

Byrds "version" (if you can even call it that) was a highly commercialized, reduction of the original 4 verse song, with the tinny folk-rock sound of the time period (Byrds version contained only 2 of the original 4 verses)
I don`t disagree but Dylan does. He was pleased with what the Byrds had done with his songs.

Crosby was kicked out of 10 different schools as a youth. he didn't believe in authority, and didn't respect it

Crosby played with a funk band with his older brother Ethan before joining The Byrds

These old anti-authority hippies turned in to the BIGGEST AUTHORITY BOOTLICKERS in the world, and it will never stop being funny to me.

Get the shots, wear the masks, lockdown--let me lick some Democrat boots harder, faster and more often.

I cannot wait for the punk rockers that are coming--because watching Hippie Grandpa lick boots is really disgusting

These old anti-authority hippies turned in to the BIGGEST AUTHORITY BOOTLICKERS in the world, and it will never stop being funny to me.

Get the shots, wear the masks, lockdown--let me lick some Democrat boots harder, faster and more often.

I cannot wait for the punk rockers that are coming--because watching Hippie Grandpa lick boots is really disgusting
I hope that we never have to go to war with soldiers who are afraid of masks.

I hope that we never have to go to war with soldiers who are afraid of masks.

no one is "afraid" of masks. You're breathing in a boatload of Chinese chemicals for NOTHING.

They don't work. I hope we have soldiers sensible enough never to put one on again.

Enjoy breathing those chemicals.

no one is "afraid" of masks. You're breathing in a boatload of Chinese chemicals for NOTHING.

They don't work. I hope we have soldiers sensible enough never to put one on again.

Enjoy breathing those chemicals.
How did Americans become so stupid? Some trace the beginnings of ignorance to the day Sarah Palin was put on a ballot for VP. Sarah was the Gateway Ignoramus that led to Donald Trump.

How did Americans become so stupid? Some trace the beginnings of ignorance to the day Sarah Palin was put on a ballot for VP. Sarah was the Gateway Ignoramus that led to Donald Trump.

What kind of masks do you wear?

Do you even KNOW what Chinese chemicals you're breathing in?

Forum List

Back