RIP David Crosby, famously of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, dead at 81

David Crosby, Iconoclastic Rocker, Dead at 81

lx4nd.jpg

He was a train-wreck but I liked his music.

He used to keep a loaded M1911A1 in a leather pouch on stage because he thought the CIA was out to get him.

Actually, Richards has not outlived Crosby. Crosby was 81. Richards is 78.

Most everyone in the 60's was over rated. The drugs made everything seem better than it was.

Too bad it wasn't Neil Young, though. I don't need him around anyhow.
I don't like Neil Young's politics, but I do like his music, and I played some of his songs on stage, when I was a rocker guitarist (9 years) myself. Oh well, now candy corn will come along here and tell me I wasn't. :muahaha:

Every time the Byrds are mentioned, I can't help remembering that the Byrds' rendition of the Bob Dylan song "Mr Tambourine Man" (about LSD), was a destruction of one of the greatest songs and pieces of poetry ever written. A fabulous song by Dylan, that relatively few people even today have ever heard, and even fewer understand the words.

Byrds "version" (if you can even call it that) was a highly commercialized, reduction of the original 4 verse song, with the tinny folk-rock sound of the time period (Byrds version contained only 2 of the original 4 verses)

Forum List

Back