RIP David Crosby, famously of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, dead at 81

I hated to hear this, another 1st generation rocker passes.

Crosby was arrested several times on various illegal gun possession, illegal ammunition possession and illegal concealed weapon charges. I'm still trying to get my head around how just carrying a gun can be illegal when it is a protected Constitutional right, how carrying ammo can be illegal, and how carrying a gun concealed can be illegal when the fastest way to get arrested is to carry it openly! :smoke:

I've decided the government has no regard for the law and really isn't competent to govern (as we speak, they are dancing around a debt ceiling because they've spent all our money badly trying to figure out how to get around it to spend even more!), so they enact all these regulations both to give themselves something to do and to give the public appearance that they are actually doing something to protect us.

That makes the U.S, Government the literal definition of a fraud. Nothing but a big money pit where billions of dollars go to disappear down a rabbit hole.

David Crosby, 2021: "I know I’m at the end of my life. I’m 80. So, you wind up looking at it, and you don’t know whether you got two weeks or 10 years. You really don’t. But you do know that what you do with the time is what counts. It’s not how much time you got …it’s what you do with the time that you do have. "
I found when I turned 60, it wasn't if I could die. It was "when" will I die. I'm 69. When I turn 70, I supposed I'll still feel the same. What I've noticed is I'm not apprehensive of dying like I was when I was in my 50's.

You were totally in the dark and highly mis-informed, Mr. Duke.
Okay, you just "fake-newsed" my shit and claim that reds aren't Meth?

What are reds then, girl?

Since you seem to know so much.

It wasn't Secobarbitol, it was uppers.

Pharmaceutical grade meth. How do I know? That's what my friend got locked up and went away for years for.

"Dealing methamphetamine". And the pills were red.
It was no home cooked-up shit, either. It was the "diet pills" of the day.
Shortly before that they were available over the counter.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. What my girly friend went away for for years was called "reds".
Amphetamines. Some kinda pharmaceutical shit.

You ain't gonna be gaslighting my memories, sorry.

I know what I know, and I don't what I don't. I do know that Amphetamines were called "reds". :dunno:

And that I saw the pilled up girls on the bus daily. So yeah, I do know a little bit about that.

Naw, I never took the pills, but I saw them take them. Quaaludes and downers (opposite of reds, barbituates) and all.

Wtf ever Barbituates are. :oops: "Downers" is all I know. :dunno:

I used to see the girls take all the pills back in the day. Not sure if there's even still such a thing as "Barbituates", but there was then.
I am 74 and can assure you reds were barbituates. Secobarbital is a short-acting barbiturate derivative drug that was patented in 1934 in the ... Seconal was widely abused, known on the street as "red devils" or "reds".

Okay, you just "fake-newsed" my shit and claim that reds aren't Meth?

What are reds then, girl?

Since you seem to know so much.

It wasn't Secobarbitol, it was uppers.

Pharmaceutical grade meth. How do I know? That's what my friend got locked up and went away for years for.

"Dealing methamphetamine". And the pills were red.
It was no home cooked-up shit, either. It was the "diet pills" of the day.
Shortly before that they were available over the counter.
You're wrong.

I am 74 and can assure you reds were barbituates. Secobarbital is a short-acting barbiturate derivative drug that was patented in 1934 in the ... Seconal was widely abused, known on the street as "red devils" or "reds".

You're wrong.
I have to take your word for it, I never was much on pills. Probably why I still live and breathe.

I do know my friend went away for methamphetamine and the pills were red..almost maroon colored, though.
They had the blacks and the blues back then, too. Them girls at the back of the bus used to get fucked up.

Are you sayin' Newt got into teh Quaaludes? :aargh:
No, Otto just said neutered Gingrich missed the 60s. I think Newt is a scotch/rocks guy, and not into Ludes. They were good back in the day (60s and 70s) though.

Yeah, no. What my girly friend went away for for years was called "reds".
Amphetamines. Some kinda pharmaceutical shit.

In this one case, I have to sadly agree with NotSoOKFine. In my experience, no amphetamine I can think of was ever likewise called Reds, Reds was a street term for Secobarbital or Seconal, a barbiturate developed by Lily as a sleeping pill.

In this one case, I have to sadly agree with NotSoOKFine. In my experience, no amphetamine I can think of was ever likewise called Reds, Reds was a street term for Secobarbital or Seconal, a barbiturate developed by Lily as a sleeping pill.
I must concede to those with more expertise.

Yup…..the reds were the downers.

I found when I turned 60, it wasn't if I could die. It was "when" will I die. I'm 69. When I turn 70, I supposed I'll still feel the same. What I've noticed is I'm not apprehensive of dying like I was when I was in my 50's.
Don't expect to go today, but it's gonna happen. Worrying don't help.

Forum List

Back