RIP David Crosby, famously of The Byrds and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, dead at 81

Stills and Young fought like 2 old ladies, they were always fighting, over whose guitar solo would be longer and silly stuff like that. it was a war between the 2 men on guitar, and the result was usually a stalemate, like in all wars

What kind of masks do you wear?

Do you even KNOW what Chinese chemicals you're breathing in?
I haven`t worn a mask in months and I don`t know what chemicals I might have inhaled but I inhaled a lot worse things in my 35 years in a steel mill. Only China has chemicals?

from article:

As far as Graham Nash is concerned, Crosby, Stills & Nash is totally over.

"Right now, I don't want anything to do with [David] Crosby at all," Nash tells Billboard(Opens in a new window). "It's just that simple. In my world there will never, ever be a Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young record, and there will never be another Crosby, Stills & Nash(Opens in a new window) record or show."

The artist had even harsher words for his folk bandmate in an interview with Dutch magazine Lust for Life. Here's the translated version, according to Billboard:

"I don't like David Crosby right now. He's been awful for me the last two years, just f*cking awful. I've been there and saved his f*cking ass for 45 years, and he treated me like sh*t. You can't do that to me. You can do it for a day or so, until I think you're going to come around. When it goes on longer, and I keep getting nasty emails from him, I'm done. F*ck you. David has ripped the heart out of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young."

I have to take your word for it, I never was much on pills. Probably why I still live and breathe.

I do know my friend went away for methamphetamine and the pills were red..almost maroon colored, though.
They had the blacks and the blues back then, too. Them girls at the back of the bus used to get fucked up.
Amphetamines came in multi colors back then but mostly white.

I worked with a guy back in 1972 through 76 a the PO (don't know about today) but all mail was dumped on a conveyer belt, multiple bags at a time and there were several of us that had to pick out anything that would not go through a canceling stamp machine (which only would take thin mail) well one fat letter got by all of us and it busted opened, low and behold several reds popped out and this one guy yelled "REDS" and he took one. Well, wasn't long he could not function and had to be sent home. He knew what was going to happen he had kind of been known as an expert on pills back then. But I did have to look up "what drugs were known as reds". Thinks change over the years and to pill popper's today reds could be speed instead of downers.

What kind of masks do you wear?

Do you even KNOW what Chinese chemicals you're breathing in?
Hey Typhoid Sue, do you know all masks are not made in China? The ones made in U.S. are very effective.

Do you groom your students to distrust?

Oh, and who the hell was talking about covid in this thread before you came along? This was about David Crosby.

Nope, and some of us hippies became very republican until you trumpsters and Q balls came along. Not much of a republican any longer, just registered as one for primaries.

Cause of death not revealed. HepC, liver transplant, diabetes. Seems to be high risk for post-vaxx death.

I don`t disagree but Dylan does. He was pleased with what the Byrds had done with his songs.
I'm pleased with it too, maybe you missed me saying that. But it's still a completely different song that the Dylan original. One being an artistic masterpiece of poetry, the other being a tinny, commercialized production, just designed for making money, but with a catchy rythym and sound.

Bob Dylan and the remnants of who the Byrds previously were, appeared on stage in 1990 together, and played the song. They got it a little better - played 3 of the original 4 verses (Byrds 1965 recording had only 2)

Being a professional guitarist, I played both versions of Mr Tambourine Man on stage at different times, once with a Rock band, and other times playing solo guitar and harmonica.

Last edited:
The Byrds hired Gram Parsons to replace David Crosby ... Gram basically hijacked the band and turned them into a country rock unit. Album: Sweetheart of the Rodeo. Afterwards Gram and Chris Hillman left and formed the Flying Burrito Bros

also, Gram stole Crosby's GF Nancy Ross. this is a song Crosby wrote about Nancy...Gram got the girl, but I don't think he ever wrote anything to match this (though a few of his songs come close).

FnBbhYQXwAIPiMv

FnBbnlLX0AI8gBZ

when asked to describe CSN&Y's sound, Crosy said, it's like "making love"

i admire Graham Nash the most. he left his country, his band, and his girl just so he can sing with David, Stephen, and Neil

Forum List

Back