RIP Marie Barone

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
'Raymond's' Doris Roberts has died

Doris Roberts, celebrated for her portrayal of a loving but meddling mom on Everybody Loves Raymond, died Sunday.

Roberts' son, Michael Cannata, confirmed the news in a statement issued Monday that says his mother "died peacefully in her sleep of natural causes."

The 90-year-old actress, whose celebrated career spanned six decades, won four Emmys for her portrayal of Marie Barone on the top-rated, long-running CBS comedy series (1996-2005). She won an Emmy earlier in her career for supporting actress for her role on NBC's medical drama St. Elsewhere.

Doris Roberts created one of the greatest sitcom characters of all time. The ultimate mother-in-law from hell

Marie Barone was the focus of the show and she stole every scene she was in

Doris Roberts created one of the greatest sitcom characters of all time. The ultimate mother-in-law from hell
To me she shares the role with George's mom on the George Lopez Show sitcom. His mother treated him and his family like absolute garbage and even though George did give it right back to her, he never permanently washed his hands of her and to me, he should have after everything that she was guilty of getting her hands into.

God bless you and him and Doris's family always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, Doris delivered the best line of the whole Everybody Loves Raymond show during the episode named The Author when Ray gets turned down for a book writing deal. Frank at one point says to her something like, "Are you trying to mess with my head?" She says to him in return, "Well, I can't mess with your hair." :D :D :D

Forum List

Back