Rob Reiner documentary God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism

'Religion is a cheap shorthand for tribal allegiance, but it also has the power to distract from important issues that actually affect governance....Reagan revived Nixon's Watergate distractor and did so early, when he accepted the Republican nomination for president in 1980:

"I'll confess that I've been a little afraid to suggest what I'm going to suggest - I'm more afraid not to - that we begin our crusade joined together in a moment of prayer.
[about ten seconds of silence] God bless America."

Reagan's supplications is now standard practice for every president. With this speech, Reagan inaugurated a modern strain of Christian nationalism.

Madison wrote that "religion and government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together." Indeed, Madison's writing is a prescient warning about Donald Trump.

Like Eisenhower's, Trump's personal religion seemed to appear alongside his political ambitions.....Lawrence O'Donnell wrote some dialogue in The West Wing that captures the point perfectly: "And I want to warn everyone in the press and all the voters out there: if you demand expressions of religious faith from politicians, you are just begging to be lied to....And it will be the easiest lie they ever had to tell to get your votes." Voters are not just asking to be lied to, they are demanding it.

Trump was simply exploiting religion, casting it about like a net to snare voters.'
(Seidel, The Founding Myth, pp. 291-2)

Madison never divulged that precisely because of this church-state purity, two prepositions are required to reveal the obvious Constitutional mistake: freedom of and freedom from, religion. There is no purity of State without the second preposition.
Trump would have gotten their vote anyway...lesser of evils. ;)

'Religion is a cheap shorthand for tribal allegiance, but it also has the power to distract from important issues that actually affect governance....
The Christian religion if properly understood has the answers for the important issues that affect governance, and most other issues as well.

Trump would have gotten their vote anyway...lesser of evils. ;)
You mean the greater good. There is no "evil" in his government

Did you ever notice leftists never label their candidate "the lesser of two evils"? Only right leaning voters pride themselves on perfection in candidates 😉 (I added a condescending wink too)

Democrat leaders are hedonists who see Marxism as their religion. They can't abide competition from God or Jesus or family or justice. They're confused, irrational, self centered lowlifes. That's Reiner.
They HATE Christians having a voice in "their democracy"

And why do we allow these people to change the definition of who we are and try to turn our REPUBLIC into their democracy'

Oscilloscope Laboratories has snapped up U.S. rights to God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism, a new documentary produced by Rob Reiner.
The film directed by Dan Partland looks at the implications of Christian Nationalism and how it distorts not only our constitutional republic, but Christianity itself.
Partland, “The danger to democracy led me to explore this topic, but what I learned in the process is that the threat may be even greater to the Church itself. I’m thrilled to partner with Oscilloscope, as they understand the importance of bringing awareness to a divisive, political version of Christianity that has little in common with Christian principles.”
The GOD & COUNTRY team has created a film that is not only important, but immensely effective in communicating a very complex and often messy issue in a clear and concise manner. We are thrilled to be able to help this crucially important film get in front of as many people as possible at a time when it’s most needed.”

Comment:
The article is fawning all over Reiner.
The Left has fabricated a new boogeyman, the 'Christian Nationalist.'
Rob Renier is a notorious unhinged left wing hate monger.
Why are these 'tolerant Liberals' always such intolerant hate mongers?
His film God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism is another dog whistle for left wing hate and violence.
Democracy needs moral guidance otherwise it's ONLY majority rule.

Oscilloscope Laboratories has snapped up U.S. rights to God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism, a new documentary produced by Rob Reiner.
The film directed by Dan Partland looks at the implications of Christian Nationalism and how it distorts not only our constitutional republic, but Christianity itself.
Partland, “The danger to democracy led me to explore this topic, but what I learned in the process is that the threat may be even greater to the Church itself. I’m thrilled to partner with Oscilloscope, as they understand the importance of bringing awareness to a divisive, political version of Christianity that has little in common with Christian principles.”
The GOD & COUNTRY team has created a film that is not only important, but immensely effective in communicating a very complex and often messy issue in a clear and concise manner. We are thrilled to be able to help this crucially important film get in front of as many people as possible at a time when it’s most needed.”

Comment:
The article is fawning all over Reiner.
The Left has fabricated a new boogeyman, the 'Christian Nationalist.'
Rob Renier is a notorious unhinged left wing hate monger.
Why are these 'tolerant Liberals' always such intolerant hate mongers?
His film God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism is another dog whistle for left wing hate and violence.
Rob Reiner is a crashing bore.

And that’s one of his finer points.

Forum List

Back