Rob Reiner documentary God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Oscilloscope Laboratories has snapped up U.S. rights to God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism, a new documentary produced by Rob Reiner.
The film directed by Dan Partland looks at the implications of Christian Nationalism and how it distorts not only our constitutional republic, but Christianity itself.
Partland, “The danger to democracy led me to explore this topic, but what I learned in the process is that the threat may be even greater to the Church itself. I’m thrilled to partner with Oscilloscope, as they understand the importance of bringing awareness to a divisive, political version of Christianity that has little in common with Christian principles.”
The GOD & COUNTRY team has created a film that is not only important, but immensely effective in communicating a very complex and often messy issue in a clear and concise manner. We are thrilled to be able to help this crucially important film get in front of as many people as possible at a time when it’s most needed.”

Comment:
The article is fawning all over Reiner.
The Left has fabricated a new boogeyman, the 'Christian Nationalist.'
Rob Renier is a notorious unhinged left wing hate monger.
Why are these 'tolerant Liberals' always such intolerant hate mongers?
His film God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism is another dog whistle for left wing hate and violence.

Oscilloscope Laboratories has snapped up U.S. rights to God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism, a new documentary produced by Rob Reiner.
The film directed by Dan Partland looks at the implications of Christian Nationalism and how it distorts not only our constitutional republic, but Christianity itself.
Partland, “The danger to democracy led me to explore this topic, but what I learned in the process is that the threat may be even greater to the Church itself. I’m thrilled to partner with Oscilloscope, as they understand the importance of bringing awareness to a divisive, political version of Christianity that has little in common with Christian principles.”
The GOD & COUNTRY team has created a film that is not only important, but immensely effective in communicating a very complex and often messy issue in a clear and concise manner. We are thrilled to be able to help this crucially important film get in front of as many people as possible at a time when it’s most needed.”

Comment:
His film God & Country: The Rise of Christian Nationalism is another dog whistle for left wing hate and violence.
So, essentially, you'll "fawn" over movies and documentaries that support your beliefs and conspiracy theories..like "The Sound of Freedom".....which are basically built on bullshit?
Reiner is basically highlighting an issue that has been on the rise for almost four decades now. Nothing new. Since Reagan sold the Republican party platform out to the religious conservatives.

These are committed leftists. They will kill you secure in the belief that they are killing God.
There is no god to kill in the first place, Einstein, and it takes more stones to be an atheist in America than it does a xian in America.

Suggested reading is

The Founding Myth: Why Christian Nationalism is Un-American, 2019
Yea, there is a lot of left-wing paranoia for the imaginary Christian Nationalist boogeyman.
This is not a real problem.
It's a Democrat dog whistle.
Rob Reiner is tapping into that Left Wing Wacko hatred and fear for Christians.
Reiner is like the Democrat Party's Joseph Goebbels.

Comment:
Atheists hate Christians.

'Religion is a cheap shorthand for tribal allegiance, but it also has the power to distract from important issues that actually affect governance....Reagan revived Nixon's Watergate distractor and did so early, when he accepted the Republican nomination for president in 1980:

"I'll confess that I've been a little afraid to suggest what I'm going to suggest - I'm more afraid not to - that we begin our crusade joined together in a moment of prayer.
[about ten seconds of silence] God bless America."

Reagan's supplications is now standard practice for every president. With this speech, Reagan inaugurated a modern strain of Christian nationalism.

Madison wrote that "religion and government will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together." Indeed, Madison's writing is a prescient warning about Donald Trump.

Like Eisenhower's, Trump's personal religion seemed to appear alongside his political ambitions.....Lawrence O'Donnell wrote some dialogue in The West Wing that captures the point perfectly: "And I want to warn everyone in the press and all the voters out there: if you demand expressions of religious faith from politicians, you are just begging to be lied to....And it will be the easiest lie they ever had to tell to get your votes." Voters are not just asking to be lied to, they are demanding it.

Trump was simply exploiting religion, casting it about like a net to snare voters.'
(Seidel, The Founding Myth, pp. 291-2)

Madison never divulged that precisely because of this church-state purity, two prepositions are required to reveal the obvious Constitutional mistake: freedom of and freedom from, religion. There is no purity of State without the second preposition.

The Marxists are ramping up the Anti America Zeitgeist .
A much more delirious ramping up of protection racketism based on non-existent entities: until last week in Wisconsin, the christian mafia street preachers had never used two simultaneous gatherings 100 yards apart from each other, one armed with amplifiers and microphones. Religion is getting more desperate with each passing year.

Comment:
You lost me at Rob Whiner

Forum List

Back