Robert Downey, Jr. Pardoned

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Good move by Gov. Jerry Brown.

California governor pardons Robert Downey Jr. in drug case

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The governor of California pardoned Robert Downey Jr. on Thursday for a nearly 20-year-old felony drug conviction that led to the Oscar-nominated actor’s imprisonment for roughly a year.

Downey was among 91 people granted pardons for criminal convictions after demonstrating they had rehabilitated themselves and been out of custody for at least 10 years, Gov. Jerry Brown’s office announced.

<more>

I saw a little blurb in my local paper the other day that Obama had pardoned 95 non-violent drug offenders. Afraid I didn't have time to read the article before it went in the trash though so I don't know more than that.

If you're a rich, powerfull and celebrity, you are above the law.

Ordinary jokers like you and me, we don't get pardons.

Brown pardoned 91 and Obama pardoned 95. I'm sure they weren't all "rich, powerful or celebrities".

The bad thing about politics is that whether it's true or not you can believe in it.

Of course you could. All you have to do is fulfill the requirements. That's where most ex cons fail. They cannot stay out of prison long enough.

If they are now clean and contributing to society, why not pardon a non violent offense that hurt nobody but themselves?

Forum List

Back