Robert Redford sues NY State for tax bill

Robert Redford Sues New York State Over $1.6 Million Tax Bill Related to Sundance Channel Sale

:lol: I do believe this progressive is trying to dodge the system. Share the wealth anyone? High taxes on the ultra rich did you say? He must be a teaper :lol:

Higher taxes only work when other people pay them.

I really don't get you guys. Gates is a progressive, as is Buffett and was Jobs. Nobody wants to pay tax twice on the same thing.

Yet every single state has laws that require people to pay taxes even f they paid it in other states.

In other words, you have to pay to play the game, and anyone that doesn't get that should oppose taxes categorically instead of only when they think they are getting screwed.

Remember when Obama was selecting his cabinet? Seemed like every other day one of them was accused of not paying their taxes. Hypocrites.

Hey folks, go back and read the RW comments but replace the name Redford with the name Clive Bundy.

:lmao:

Hey folks, go back and read the RW comments but replace the name Redford with the name Clive Bundy.

Clive Bundy?

Did he break up with Peggy Bundy?

Married-With-Children-married-with-children-80048_607_768.jpg

Could not happen to a better guy! Welcome to your own liberal world Hollywood boy.

Good idea. I agree with you. The left was all for govt abuse when the guy who didn't bow was a righty.

Oh, so Redford went to court and the court judged (twice) that he should pay his taxes?

I don't speak for others but my own opinion is that if Redford loses his suit, he can certainly appeal but if he loses, he pays.

Bundy lost TWICE and has refused to pay his bill.

Robert Redford Sues New York State Over $1.6 Million Tax Bill Related to Sundance Channel Sale

:lol: I do believe this progressive is trying to dodge the system. Share the wealth anyone? High taxes on the ultra rich did you say? He must be a teaper :lol:

I do believe you didn't even read the article.

Why do you far-righties always do that?

Thank You!!!!

The fact is, Redford DID pay his taxes.....in Utah.

The problem was/is he didn't have the corporate entity changed from an S-corporation to a C-corporation which would have eliminated this. In doing this, the corporation would have paid taxes in New York, and Redford would have paid in Utah at a substantially lower rate.

The best tax rate would have been to create a Nevada corporation before the sale, thus eliminating any and all state taxes. Works for Microsoft, Bill Gates, Me, Intuit, Swift, Cisco, and about 5-6 million more.

Good idea. I agree with you. The left was all for govt abuse when the guy who didn't bow was a righty.

Oh, so Redford went to court and the court judged (twice) that he should pay his taxes?

I don't speak for others but my own opinion is that if Redford loses his suit, he can certainly appeal but if he loses, he pays.

But Bundy is a 'poor' rancher and Redford is one of those for the people commies! :lol:

Good for Bundy. The Feds have no business there. It should be a state and county issue, period.

Good for Bundy. The Feds have no business there. It should be a state and county issue, period.

Good for a multimillionaire trying to screw taxpayers?

How can it be a state or county issue when it's Federal land?

Good for a multimillionaire trying to screw taxpayers?

How can it be a state or county issue when it's Federal land?

Robert Redford has more money than Bundy, which means he should pay more taxes....right?

Forum List

Back