Robert Redford sues NY State for tax bill

Oh, so Redford went to court and the court judged (twice) that he should pay his taxes?

I don't speak for others but my own opinion is that if Redford loses his suit, he can certainly appeal but if he loses, he pays.

Bundy lost TWICE and has refused to pay his bill.

Good for Bundy. The Feds have no business there. It should be a state and county issue, period.

Good for a multimillionaire trying to screw taxpayers?

How can it be a state or county issue when it's Federal land?

Wishful thinking?

Robert Redford Sues New York State Over $1.6 Million Tax Bill Related to Sundance Channel Sale

:lol: I do believe this progressive is trying to dodge the system. Share the wealth anyone? High taxes on the ultra rich did you say? He must be a teaper :lol:

I do believe you didn't even read the article.

Why do you far-righties always do that?

Thank You!!!!

The fact is, Redford DID pay his taxes.....in Utah.

The problem was/is he didn't have the corporate entity changed from an S-corporation to a C-corporation which would have eliminated this. In doing this, the corporation would have paid taxes in New York, and Redford would have paid in Utah at a substantially lower rate.

The best tax rate would have been to create a Nevada corporation before the sale, thus eliminating any and all state taxes. Works for Microsoft, Bill Gates, Me, Intuit, Swift, Cisco, and about 5-6 million more.
Redford hates poor inner city youth.

Last edited:

Thank You!!!!

The problem was/is he didn't have the corporate entity changed from an S-corporation to a C-corporation which would have eliminated this. In doing this, the corporation would have paid taxes in New York, and Redford would have paid in Utah at a substantially lower rate.

The best tax rate would have been to create a Nevada corporation before the sale, thus eliminating any and all state taxes. Works for Microsoft, Bill Gates, Me, Intuit, Swift, Cisco, and about 5-6 million more.

Exactly. He also wants children to be hungry and illiterate.

Thank You!!!!

The issue is the sale of a corporation and the bad tax structure. How do 'poor inner city youth' apply?

Thank You!!!!

It should be pointed out that if you've voted Republican in the last 45 years, you've screwed the kids, and your own, and your Grand kids. GOOD JOB!

It should be pointed out that if you've voted Republican in the last 45 years, you've screwed the kids, and your own, and your Grand kids. GOOD JOB!

Whereas, Redford is well known for his philanthropy.

He is jus another 1%-er fighting paying his taxes let alone his “fair share”. Oh, and he’s a noted environmentalist, too :lmao: Enjoy the music :lol:

[ame=http://youtu.be/YaUQQMv80Oo]Robert Redford Hypocrite - YouTube[/ame]

Thank You!!!!

Thank You!!!!

The issue is the sale of a corporation and the bad tax structure. How do 'poor inner city youth' apply?

The poster is mocking leftists.

Thank You!!!!

Bad tax structure......I have to laugh. You libs never saw a tax you didn't like. Suddenly it's a bad tax structure....
Yeah ok...
I'm a conservative. I have the right to state when there is bad tax policy.
Get this straight. Taxation is NECESSARY for the proper funding of essential government services.
That said, bad government, poor fiscal policy, pork barrel spending, over paying government employees, and gargantuan welfare programs which are fraught with waste and fraud are NOT good government.
In my opinion taxing out of state residents just because they happen to own a piece of property in New York as though they were NYS residents is nothing but a money grab.
However, NY Tax law is what it is and Redford owes. Pay up.....

Just shut up and pay up. Fanatical Communists/Progressives don't get to have it both ways. Redford is a great actor, but he's also a Communist/Progressive fanatic. He needs to just shut up and pay up. Because that what's he would demand of others. Period, end of story.

Forum List

Back