Rochester Hills Mass Shooting

That and amnesty for illegal immigrants are two things Reagan did that really annoyed me...

Except Reagan, really didn't have a choice in that one.

The Supreme Court ruled in O'Connor vs. Donnelson (1975) that you can't commit someone against his will if he is not an immediate danger. This meant thousands of mental patients were unleashed on our streets when the states (not the feds) started closing down these facilities.

I'm currently sponsoring Mrs. B131 for permanent residency (she is a Chinese citizen). In order to do that, I have had to submit 200 pages of documentation to prove that we have a legitimate marriage, and just aren't marrying for a green card.
is that unconstitutional?
Getting a gun should be at least THAT difficult.
is that unconstitutional?

Maybe we shouldn't have closed down all of those mental institutions 40 years ago.

And stopped treating criminals and dopeheads like what they are and instead letting them run wild. We never should have stopped separating those from society that are unwilling or unable to be a decent member of it and conform to it.

Maybe we shouldn't have closed down all of those mental institutions 40 years ago.

The Mental Health Systems Act of 1980 was passed under then President Jimmy Carter. It provided federal grants to local community health centers. A year later, the 96th Congress which had a Democrat majority in both houses repealed the act.

Reagan signed the repeal, but he was merely following the wishes of the elected representatives of his constituents. He agreed with the majority of the Democrats that it was better to allow the states to retain control of funding and operations in mental health institutions.

While he was Governor of California, Reagan did sign the Lanterman-Petris-Short Act in 1972. That bipartisan legislation made mandatory institutionalization of mental health patients by family members and civil courts illegal. His reasoning was that so a bad judge or vindictive relative couldn’t have someone locked up indefinitely at a state hospital.

"The result of that humanitarian legislation was that populations in state hospitals dropped, but Reagan didn’t directly oversee, direct or cause any hospital closures.

The majority of mental hospitals in California were actually closed in the late 1990s, when Pete Wilson formed a task force to examine state hospital operations. The task force found that the populations of many state hospitals had dropped dramatically and the per-capita costs had skyrocketed to $114,000 per year..."

Reagan didn’t close institutions

Apparently it's some kind of a low-end water park for citified folks who've never seen a lake or a river.

When some idiot starts shooting at us here on a lake or river, we tend to shoot back with an overwhelming amount of firepower.

Nah, it's for little kids. That's what makes the shooting so terrible in part.

There are lakes ALL over MI, not to mention the Great lakes. Most MI kids have been to the lake/beach.

There are lakes ALL over MI, not to mention the Great lakes. Most MI kids have been to the lake/beach.
A tricky word to teach to non-native English speakers.

In any case, I hope the shooter is burning in Hell right now. That was the kind of atrocity we usually only see happening on playgrounds in the black community.

What's a Splash pad? Is it me, or has the quality of journalism gone right into the crapper?
The headline made no sense. 8 shot at splash pad. As if we all know what that is. It was hard to figure out what was going on cause I tuned in half way through the cops interview. But I noticed the same thing.

Man steals a flurfinduf from a pomino. Live at 11

Who is the gunman?

The gunman was a 42-year-old white male, according to Bouchard. Police believe he lived with his mother, but she was not home at the time.
Another crime solved.

fs1.JPG

When I grew up in Detroit if Detroit kids got out to the lakes it was Kensington Metropark. That’s it. Very very very few blacks n any of the lakes. My town has had an influx of blacks but still not a lot of blacks live n the lake houses and most metro detroiters don’t hav black friends. Very segregated.

Detroiters also go to Southfield civic center pool. West siders.

There’s also one lake up north Michigan that blacks know is a “black” lake and I believe to this day it’s very popular with black folks.

Horrible, and disgusting.
The headline made no sense. 8 shot at splash pad. As if we all know what that is. It was hard to figure out what was going on cause I tuned in half way through the cops interview. But I noticed the same thing.

Man steals a flurfinduf from a pomino. Live at 11
A Splash Pad is a public park, that has water features that kids can play in. There is no need for a life guard.

Forum List

Back